Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

Funny, I actually had Big Jim as a kid but was never into them as much as I was my mego figures. My mego's traveled much in the Big Jim camper. I recently just obtained one in a collection and while I thought it was cool to see again, I'll probably lug it to the Meet if I opt to get a table. It just didn't have that got to get it back appeal for me. If anyone is interested in a camper LMK. I'd much rather see it stay in the Mego family, even though it's not a Mego product.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• convoy357
      Ranch Hand
      • Jul 30, 2012

I run across so much Big Jim stuff in the vintage GI Joe lots that I buy, that I decided to put a few figures together and add them to my variety of collections here. I've not been accumulating BJ stuff for long, but I don't have alot of room for it either. I made a few trades both here and on another board for some odds and ends. My best score was a trade with a guy that had a box full of PACK figures. We agreed on a deal for one figure and when the box arrived, he had sent me 4! .....just for the hell of it! I received Dr. Steel, Zorak, BJ Blue Commander, and BJ Double Trouble Commander. All had their original outfits and gear and were in perfect condition too. Nice guy! I also recently picked up a Lazer Vette on eBay mint in box for about $25. I have a Whip figure and a Torpedo Fist here, but still looking for some of the pieces to complete them. I have some of the original figures and stuff too. I have a few Big Josh, a Big Jack, a Big Jeff minus his tan shorts, and a Chief Tanakua. If anyone is interested in trading, I have a camper here that needs to find a home. I also have extra body parts and a huge box full of outfits and accessories.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^That was a sweet PACK score!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
          Career Member
          • Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, i've gotten bags of misc. Big Jim parts and accessories from guys in my local GI Joe Collector's Club. Once they found out i collected Big Jim, they had a place to dump all the stuff that they find mixed in with the GI Joe lots they buy . Good for me though. One of the guys recently snagged this neat PACK swamp patrol boat for me.

Vintage Toy Rescue
          1614-B N State Hwy 161
          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
            Career Member
            • Jul 25, 2010

BTW, if anyone ever comes across a half piece of the karate board in dark brown, i could use it. It's the last piece i need to complete my Kung Foo studio. The lighter brown pieces that came with the figures are fairly common, but i guess the dark brown version only came with the KFS playset. Thanks!
            Vintage Toy Rescue
            1614-B N State Hwy 161
            Grand Prairie, TX 75050
            (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• LadyZod
              Superman's Gal Pal
              • Jan 27, 2007

And here I thought Big Jim collectors congregated exclusively at my house... all 2 of us.

Actually I knew of the Italian love for Big Jim and the boys, but never exclusively sort out a forum or fandom. I look at the Mego Museum as my one size fits all, for all my toy and nerd loving ways.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
              Check out my art:
              Art Portfolio@Redbubble
              Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

Never had Big Jim as a kid, but I recall a cousin having the early Olympic figures, and some friends having PACK figures. I was always intrigued by Zorak and Dr. Steel. I occasionally search for deals on eBay, but the auctions always end high and the BINS are out of my range.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

yes, the nicer figure def. go higher than the accessories
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• convoy357
                    Ranch Hand
                    • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
                    BTW, if anyone ever comes across a half piece of the karate board in dark brown, i could use it. It's the last piece i need to complete my Kung Foo studio. The lighter brown pieces that came with the figures are fairly common, but i guess the dark brown version only came with the KFS playset. Thanks!
                    I have a complete one that I just rec'd with a bunch of other stuff. I'm not sure if I have just the 1/2 xtra piece here or not but I'll look.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by megoat
                      I'd love to collect Big Jim, but unfortunately I'm only interested in PACK items and the prices for nice complete examples are a bit more than I want to spend.....the cheaper pre PACK stuff is of no interest to me....
                      Yeah, the pre PACK stuff doesn't do much for me either (although I had some as a kid) but I love the PACK items, wish I picked some up back when they were cheaper. Some of the later European and Mexican items are awesome too (secret agents, pirates, aliens, bionics, etc!), it's probably inevitable that I'll eventually be dipping my toe into collecting these guys.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

I've ended up with a lot of pieces from lots, but I resell most of it.

The PACK stuff is nice mainly because of Kirby's influence, but if I had the space and money, I would have most of the Spy line. That stuff is incredible.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I love the line but don't know enough about it. I'm sure I have Big Jim pieces i my parts box but couldn't tell you who/what they belong to.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

I was babysitting last night and Cory (age 6), and I were playing w/ my Big Jim guys, the Sports Camper, gear and assorted animals attacking the camp. It was too funny, when I opened the carrying case I keep my Big Jim gear in, he exclaimed "Holy Crackanoli!" I don't have any PACK stuff, mostly camping stuff, and a few random sports pieces I got from a surprise grab bag at a toy show. I do have Warpath (renamed Blackhawk), and The Whip, (renamed Big John), Dr. Steel, (w/ a plain hand, 'cos his silver one broke), along w/ 2 Big Jims, Big Jack, Big Josh and 2 Big Jeffs (one missing a foot), and a camping tent.
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• bleit1701
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 1, 2009

I still have the Big Jim from my childhhood but one hand is broken off. Had the Airplane playset and the Laservette. I think that was it's name. You pushed a button on the dash and two panels in the hood flipped over exposing two lasers. I never got tired of of that feature. Had some sports pieces too.
                              Better late than never.....

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

i still have my blue commander but his leg broke off and has been retaped to his body. i played the heck out of him!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎