Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where do Big Jim collectors congregate?

Images
    What I need is a site with a good US check list. I had a big Jim as a child and apparently the foreign Jim's came with different gear then the US versions. My first childhood Jim was the orange pelvis version and had orange trunks.
    The accessories I recall with him are the trunks, karate board, black dumbbell, the muscle armband and some paperwork or little catalog's in the box.
    Later I got an all star Jim and I think he only came with the Olympic metal around his neck.
    I'd be the first to admit m memory is not the greatest but I do not recall any of my Big Jim's containing a shot- put like the foreign Big Jim sites show. US probably didn't have this due to the choking hazard.

Images
    The Gold medal figures came with a promotional card, an iron-on patch, and a sealed baggie containing a gold medal, a chromed arm-band, a black dumbbell, and a black shot-put. I have a Big Jack in that issue, with the red, white, and blue Olympic trunks and open hands.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Thank you PNGwynne That helped a bit. Does anyone know if the European releases of Big Jim differed from the US releases? I hate to go looking for accessories blindly only to find US and Europe Jim releases differed. If all were the same I can at least use the many foreign Big Jim pages as reference.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

European releases were different from the US sets. Lots more choices. I am putting up pics of the backs from some of the outfits I have.Some of the figures from Europe had gripping hands.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    The Gold medal figures came with a promotional card, an iron-on patch, and a sealed baggie containing a gold medal, a chromed arm-band, a black dumbbell, and a black shot-put. I have a Big Jack in that issue, with the red, white, and blue Olympic trunks and open hands.
    Actually, there were different releases. The most commun came with the iron-on patch plus fill-in paperwork that could make you win a real size olympuc medal. There is another version that did not came with this extra stuff. Only the figure with the medal, armband and dumbell (I have to check it again but I guess this is it). Boxed are easy to compare : the first one has a huge olympic logo on the front box, the second one has not.

Images
    Thanks Thibault--I will have to check my Jack's packaging.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.