Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do Big Jim collectors congregate?

Images
    Blog Entries

Where do Big Jim collectors congregate?

I've been collecting Big Jim for about two years and enjoying it. I'm just cherry-picking items for now & don't feel as compulsive about it as I do Mego lol.

Most of my items are from evilbay, which I dislike, but what can one do?

How do BJ fans/collectors chat/deal/network?

I've found just one forum, Big Jim PACK, and it has only a few members & has been inactive since 2010. I guess I'm used to the bustle of the Museum!

Any advice/references are appreciated!
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 24, '13 at 11:17 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Blog Entries
    From my experiences, learn to speak Italian.

I was heavy into P.A.C.K stuff around 2004, it was my core focus (every ten or so years I get obessed) and I felt like I just missed the party. Most forums were inactive and the "super collectors" were kind of stand offish when I tried to start a forum (one guy was really super duper rude to me). I felt sad, I want every toy line to have a forum like here.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Lol yes, I noticed the Italian site. Killer collection.

I like the spy series, which makes European contacts mandatory, I suppose.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Blog Entries
    It's funny, I was the member of one of those sites. The guys were really sweet to me and tolerated the language barrier.

They warned me about "The other forum" and how the guy who ran it was a bad egg, it was oddly familiar....

Images
    Blog Entries
    Well, I've made the mistake of finding a MIB Prof. Obb cheaply, and now I'm hooked.

Otherwise, I was sticking with the domestic adventure stuff.

I collect Big Jim. Like you, i'm not as into the line as i am Mego or GI Joe but i do pick up the occasional piece. Recently bought a nice Big Jim Camper. Still have my Big Jim and the Kung-Foo Studio from childhood. I've looked for online reference sites for Big Jim and have come up with the Italian sites too. If you ever do find an active forum for Big Jim, let me know. In the mean time, we can just talk about him here. I suppose it's as good a place as any .
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Images
    Anyone have any info on the Big Jim Buffalo Bill figure? Rarity? Cost?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Bill, I agree, chatting here is fine--and fun.

Many here know that I loooove playsets, I have as many playsets as BJ figs lol.

I have complete Karate Studio, Safari Hut, Jungle Truck, Camper, and Sky Commander Jet. I love the studio's details! I wish Mattel had re-purposed the Barbie Dream Boat for Jim, that would have been awesome, it's a great play environment. The Safai Hut is pretty slick-- a Sears exclusive that is both a carry-case & playset.

Figure-wise, I have boxed Karate Jim, Big Josh, Olympic Jack, Prof. OBB, & loose complete Jeff.

Images
    I guess you can make this thread an official Big Jim thread since it's impossible to find a forum to talk about him. I currently only have three figures 2 Big Jims and Dr.Steel a fav of mine.

I haven't had the chance to get into re-buying for fear that i will obsess over getting figures....lol
    But Growing up he was my second favorite line and I had the camper and the Wolf Pack...those Kirby boxes were amazing.....

Images
    I can't imagine anyone would have an objection to building a dedicated Big Jim section here in Other Toys...