X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

Jaclyn Smith slowly becomes Electra

electra.JPG I am in the process of making a Electra Mego figure. The body is an and 8 inch female and the head is from a 9 inch Jacyln Smith, as are the boots that I painted red. I cut the arms and legs out of the 9 inch Jaclyn Smith outfit and used a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles belt and dual fighting swords for her weapons. The bandana is a plastic baseball cap from a gumball machine at the grocery store painted red. This has been a fun custom to make so far. Worried that over sized head may make carding her difficult. Darn red paint is all over my hands.
  • Relic
    Banned
    • Jun 24, 2012

I had to bend Electra legs to make her fit inside the bubble, and now it looks like she is going to the bathroom. Anyone out there have any ideas how to fit an 8 inch Mego with a 9 inch head into the bubble?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

get a bigger bubble

Comment

• ddgaff1132
        Persistent Member
        • Oct 3, 2007

Can you bend her knee's in the bubble??? Make her look like she's getting ready to attack???
        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

try to find an in scale head. That just looks way out of whack.
          Last edited by thunderbolt; Mar 22, '13, 5:46 AM.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Back in the day I robbed bubbles from Q-tips when I needed a tall one.

Comment

• Relic
              Banned
              • Jun 24, 2012

Will be posting some better pictures of Electra very soon. The picture I have right now does not do her justice. Her head actually does not look that much out of place inside the bubble. Her legs are bent just enough inside the bubble that it looks like she is squatting. Overall I am pleased with this custom that cost me very little to almost nothing to make with some left over parts. I like her and had a lot fun making this one off custom. I will never sell any of my carded Megos as they have to much sentimental value to me.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                Formerly known as Del
                • Dec 12, 2004

I have to agree about the head looking a little big. I can't quite explain it, but even though the height doesn't bother me, the head size makes Electra look too skinny. I've used acetone to shrink Charlie's Angels heads so they're a better fit with Mego bodies, because i like the sculpts. I think the Jaclyn Smith sculpt is a nice choice for the character though.
                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎