Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Long story short... Likable, unlikable, it's all subjective... It relates to everything... People, places, things, events, shows. Like it watch it, don't like it watch something else.

GOLDEN rule of Business:
    BUY LOW SELL HIGH!!! Even I managed to retain that from my High School business class.

Anyone who doesn't know that the BUYER in these cases: Toy hunter, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Storage Wars, needs to get this stuff on the cheap to make a living... I don't know their personal situations but i'm willing to bet they are not Millionaire and Billionaire philanthropists traveling around on their dime buying high from the sellers so they can sell low to the buyers.

If there is that kind of naivete out there I certainly hope that it is relegated to persons under the age of 12 in this community.

Remember stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for them, and it goes to the sellers as well it is worth whatever they are willing to accept for it. If they are looking for premium prices for it they should be selling themselves and not looking for a middleman.

Now on that note. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY original SI/AE Clark Kent stuff they want to unload at rock bottom prices give me a shout lol
    Last edited by Bronxboykev; Apr 3, '13, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Up till a few years ago, for some reason, I didnt collect toys at all. Everyday new people are rediscovering the joy and fondness of those "plastic pieces" that they were so into years ago. Believe me, It took a LONG TIME for me to wrap my head over just why some boxed figures are worth $1000 or more!

When there is only 1 copy of a toy that 10 people are wanting it comes down to who wants it the most. Yea, I know it sucks for those who cant afford the going rate but thats alot of things besides toy collecting.

I dont sell toys. Thats my choice. That others do is cool to me, just get me a decent deal

Please dont insult someone for trying to make a living.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 29, 2012

Administrators.....

Why are we wasting so much thread space on megokissface? Wouldn't it be better to shut the thread down? I don't believe that any amount of reason will shed light on this member.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Hollywood
          Administrators.....

Why are we wasting so much thread space on megokissface? Wouldn't it be better to shut the thread down? I don't believe that any amount of reason will shed light on this member.

Just my 2 cents.

that's what makes this place so great. the Mods allow people to speak their mind. If they get out of line, this thread and the offending parties will be dealt with.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• RickD
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 31, 2011

Anyone that feels the need to throw around their college degree like it has any importance, loses all credibility in my eyes.

Regardless of your education level, you have no right to belittle or tear down anyone in a negative manner.

respect and trust on this great site is earned...... not given.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by boss
              that's what makes this place so great. the Mods allow people to speak their mind. If they get out of line, this thread and the offending parties will be dealt with.
              I understand that point of view for sure, but he has blantantly slandered another member, and I feel he crossed the line.

Again just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

• luey
                Treasure Hunter
                • Jun 17, 2001

This thread is meant to promote the good things that Jordan has done for toys and to let people know about his show which is important to get the word out... People have a right to their opinion of course but I am sure Jordan realizes that 99% of us appreciate the show and what doors it has opened for us toy nerds... And I am sure one persons comments aren't going to distract Jordan from coming here and keeping us up to date... If people don't like the prices Jordan pays doesn't realize all the work that goes into this type on business... Let's keep this positive and ignore the negative comments and keep the thread going to continue toy love!
                Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by luey
                  This thread is meant to promote the good things that Jordan has done for toys and to let people know about his show which is important to get the word out... People have a right to their opinion of course but I am sure Jordan realizes that 99% of us appreciate the show and what doors it has opened for us toy nerds... And I am sure one persons comments aren't going to distract Jordan from coming here and keeping us up to date... If people don't like the prices Jordan pays doesn't realize all the work that goes into this type on business... Let's keep this positive and ignore the negative comments and keep the thread going to continue toy love!
                  I second that!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Jordan,
                    I was wondering what you have ran across in your travels that you would have loved for your own personal collection.

I've missed a number of episodes. I wish the travel channel the complete ones on their website. I see LOTS of stuff thats awesome stacked up in boxes. I bet it is VERY fun going thru peoples collections finding stuff they have forgotten about.
                    Last edited by Figuremod73; Apr 3, '13, 1:59 PM.

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

Just stick around a few years... you'll see a lot worse than this. :-)

Originally posted by Mr. Hollywood
                      I understand that point of view for sure, but he has blantantly slandered another member, and I feel he crossed the line.

Again just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

• megokissface
                        • Nov 26, 2012

Keep your forum and your website guys! Have fun and enjoy yourselves! I BELIEVED that this is what this place is all about however, the funny politics and censorship are outrageous and laughable! I never said anything that has NOT been said countless times online about the host. If you don't believe me just look him up! HE IS HATED all around! Look for yourselves, Im sure he might be a nice person however, I'm only echoing the same sentiment that is already out there. Take care! and FAREWELL! No wonder you guys struggle to get exposure when you get exploited. This is my final response,final comment and final visit. It's pretty sad that people on here are actually expecting something magical in return from some glorified toy scalper?! eventually his show will fade away like so many on reality tv. Best wishes! CIAO
                        I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

This is my Last dance Last chance, for love Yes, it's my last chance, for romance, tonight .......

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

We've lost a truly great voice.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                              Wake Up Heavy
                              • Jan 31, 2010

Good riddance. Why don't people just leave? There really is no reason, other than to satisfy your own ego, to making a farewell post.
                              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wee67
                                Museum Correspondent
                                • Apr 2, 2002

I'm curious about the opinions that were censored.

He clearly had tons of strong opinion that was expressed about the show, art, toys and Jordan. Heck, even the things he wrote that violated the agreement he made when joining seemed to still remain in his posts. Sure, you guys continued to even repeat he was more than welcome to express his opinions on the show, only asking he refrain from personal insults. I have to assume he continued to talk about "censorship" being "outrageous" because there are even more things that were suppressed. I can only imagine the many, many things that he was either prevented from saying or that were stripped from his posts.

Then again, I may be confused on the meaning of censorship.
                                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎