Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hollywoodheroes
    • May 19, 2011

Wow, I'm shocked by some of the resentment and disdain that I have brought out in you megokissface. I truly am sorry. Can I ask what I have done to make you dislike the show so much?

Please remember, that while we mostly live in an "internet based world," there is somebody on the other end of the PC. I read the posts, I respond when I can... and yes, I do have feelings.

If you have some problems with the show, I would very much welcome your comments here in a constructive way, and even in this open forum. I respect the comments and opinions of everyone here, and truly take them to heart.

You must remember, TOY HUNTER will not last forever. I will go back to selling toys full time, which is what I love. I dont want to burn any bridges or rub anyone the wrong way...

Thanks again to everyone here, I truly appreciate you support.

If anyone is attending WONDERCON this weekend in CA, please stop by and say hello!

Thanks!
    Jordan

Comment

• Johnny
      Salty
      • Oct 1, 2003

Jordan, for what it's worth I love the show and think you are a great host. The enthusiasm and love you have for toys really comes through in every episode. I think the offers you make are very fair and have never ever seen you try to lowball anyone on anything. In fact you often point out how much more valuable an item is to collectors that are unaware of that fact.

The show provides a lot of joy for me and I'm sure for many others. Keep up the great work!!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by hollywoodheroes
        Wow, I'm shocked by some of the resentment and disdain that I have brought out in you megokissface. I truly am sorry. Can I ask what I have done to make you dislike the show so much?

Please remember, that while we mostly live in an "internet based world," there is somebody on the other end of the PC. I read the posts, I respond when I can... and yes, I do have feelings.

If you have some problems with the show, I would very much welcome your comments here in a constructive way, and even in this open forum. I respect the comments and opinions of everyone here, and truly take them to heart.

You must remember, TOY HUNTER will not last forever. I will go back to selling toys full time, which is what I love. I dont want to burn any bridges or rub anyone the wrong way...

If anyone is attending WONDERCON this weekend in CA, please stop by and say hello!

Thanks!
        Jordan
        Did I mention 'character and integrity'? Oh yah, I'm sure I did.
        Last edited by dr_cyclops; Mar 30, '13, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I dig the show, Jordan is an affable person, and nothing wrong with making a profit, he does all the work, sellers just kick back and sell in the comfort of their own homes...Jordan has to travel, buy, transport, store, advertise, pay employees, rent display booth, etc...it all evens out.

It's all about nostalgia, that's why we are all here.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 29, 2012

Originally posted by hollywoodheroes

Please remember, that while we mostly live in an "internet based world," there is somebody on the other end of the PC. I read the posts, I respond when I can... and yes, I do have feelings. L

Thanks!
            Jordan
            Jordan who have nothing to worry about with those opinions. Those of us who have met you and follow the show know your a stand up guy, and a breath of fresh air in the hobby.

Keep hunting!

Dan

Comment

• biotrontim
              • Mar 24, 2011

Being a novice Vintage toy dealer I can kinda relate with the show a bit. We don't have a supplier that ships toys to us, we need to hunt for them. Every hunt is different as well as every deal. Jordan handles himself very well while being entertaining in the process. It's hard because being successful at this requires being friendly with everyone. You have to set your opinions of people off to the side.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Toy Hunter is a fun show, and Jordan is a likeable fellow. It is free of the forced drama and scripting most similar shows put us through, and for that, I am thankful. I'm really looking forward to season 2!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• megokissface
                  • Nov 26, 2012

In all reality I have given lots of my items to kids and some of young nieces and nephews. I don't get into the business of making ANY profit from buying nor collecting. I am a sculptor, painter and I have a college degree in art. As an artist I fully understand what it takes to create a sculpture from scratch as well as the business of art. I very much consider toys to be works of art. The many collectors and artists on this forum have created beautiful works themselves and it's very easy to see their talents and love for their works. It would be terrible to sell my collection unless I really had to. It's also tough to see people get cheated out of money when they do sell their items. I thought the show would shed light on toy collecting but that's not the real focus, it's money. It makes it very difficult for myself as well as a few people I know to watch this show when MONEY is the sole focus! It's great to make a career out of selling items but somehow it dismisses the artistry that goes into making these toys. I get more satisfaction by buying kids toys for birthdays, Christmas as well as the homeless shelter Christmas toy drive. I don't understand the censorship issues here on this forum regarding this particular man and his business practices? To each his/her own. I much rather give and share what I do have with those whom are less fortunate as kids. To me that's something that is really priceless and of most importance! I have other means of paying my bills.
                  I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• megokissface
                    • Nov 26, 2012

Its not being new on board. It's very difficult to watch a show that focuses solely on making MONEY! I have my own business, I have a college degree but above all that I am an artist myself and toy collector. I know how things work and how a business works. The people and artists here create amazing works and make a living off of their creations. I would like to think that ALL of these people do these things out of their great love for Mego, their memories and to share and continue that legacy! If that passion wasn't there then THIS forum wouldn't be here! When the driving motivation is ONLY based on money then it becomes an altogether less enjoyable journey. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter however, I would NEVER want anyone on this forum to be taken for granted nor exploited for the love of money. If you need to censor me then I know my time here was in vain. I will walk away knowing that money is far more important than creation, artistry, passion, and the preservation of what so many artists and visionaries worked so hard to share with future generations!!! Remember, we live in a new society where kids don't even have toy commercials and thus toys do NOT get the exposure they once did.
                    I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

Money is only paper.

Comment

• Mr. Hollywood
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 29, 2012

Megokissface,

It's very simple. If you don't like the show or Jordan for whatever reason......don't watch it.

You can have an opinion all day about the show itself, but that does not give you license to defame another humanbeing. I have met Jordan and spent a lot of time with him at Star Wars Celebration VI. He is very humble, knowledgable and was available to everyone regardless of if they were purchasing an item from his booth or not.

You have the freedom to speak your mind, but freedom of speach comes with responsibility, and consequences.

The perception you had for the show and its ability to showcase each pieces artistic beauty is incorrect. The exposure of each piece may trigger a viewers fond memories and appreciation for that item to such a degree, the viewer then seeks it out with the given knowledge from the show of potential value when he buys.

So not only did the show reacquaint this person with the piece, it furthur provided them an education on market expectation.

I know this is true because before the show I didn't collect vintage toys. Since the show I have recollected pieces that were special to me growing up that we're discarded to others over time. Jordan was responsible for that, and I thank him for it.

Dan
                        Last edited by Mr. Hollywood; Apr 3, '13, 5:03 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

If dealers didn't acquire collectibles and put them in the market, many of them would never leave personal collections, and other collectors wouldn't have a chance to buy them. Without dealers like Jordan, there would be no toy shows to purchase from, no antique malls to find hidden gems. We'd all just have to luck into a personal yard sale, or hope a non-dealer is cleaning out their stuff and putting it on ebay.

Also, if Mego didn't want to make a profit, they would have never got into the toy business, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megokissface
                            I don't understand the censorship issues here on this forum regarding this particular man and his business practices?

Well then, let me explain them to you.

First of all, it's not a censorship issue, you have not been censored, so put the pointy word away.

Not a fan of the show? Fine, there are a few who would agree with you, that's fair, nobody got upset. No one has ever had a negative comment about this show deleted including you.

However, as a member here you are to follow the rules of this forum, you agreed to this when you joined. That specifically entails, not insulting or calling other member's names. When I asked to stop recently, you couldn't resist taking another shot. We are asking for something reasonable, this is a private, not for profit forum and we don't need someone disregarding our rules and calling us out for censorship.

Regardless of your altruistic beliefs, Toys are a product of commerce and to suggest toy dealing is merely a soulless way to make money has clearly never tried it. Quit trying to smear another member here because he doesn't adhere to your personal moral code. I have some bad news for you, 85% of members here have likely made a profit or tried to make a profit from a toy. I know, we're all monsters right?

I haven't seen every episode of Toy Hunter but I've seen enough that the show celebrates not only the love of toys but gives spotlight to their creators/sculptors. I'd rather watch that than two rich kids open their dumb mouths any day.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Megospidey
                              Museum Webslinger
                              • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by Johnny
                              Jordan, for what it's worth I love the show and think you are a great host. The enthusiasm and love you have for toys really comes through in every episode. I think the offers you make are very fair and have never ever seen you try to lowball anyone on anything. In fact you often point out how much more valuable an item is to collectors that are unaware of that fact.

The show provides a lot of joy for me and I'm sure for many others. Keep up the great work!!
                              My sentiments exactly.

One of the reasons I watch this show is because of the knowledge Jordan has on a WIDE range of toys, and the fact that he will regularly offer more than what the person is even asking for the item (if it is indeed more valuable than they think).

And I'm fairly certain that these free-will individuals know exactly what Jordan is going to offer BEFORE the taping even begins. They can decide to either go ahead with the show or decline if they do not like the offer he is making. I've never seen Jordan put a gun to anyone's head and force them to be on the show.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

I've always said when two people shake hands on a deal, that's as good as it gets. Market value and this perception of what 'should be' is in the eyes of the beholder. But if the buyer and seller are happy, that's all that matters. It's a fun show. And I'm glad it caters to the interests that most of us here enjoy. Very unique and Jordan is fun to watch. He's above board with his intent and goes to great lengths to explain his position so the potential seller is in the know at all times. I don't think you can get any closer to integrity than that. I actually feel the show is educational on how to negotiate a deal that is both effective and honest. Jordan always respects the attachment people have to their toys. But he also understands there is a reality to what these items are worth and he has to arrive at a price that meets both sides of that balance. I think he truly prides himself in meeting that standard on every deal. Looking forward to the new season!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎