Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

How do you get to be a scout?
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

Jordan, Sorry to hear one of your hosts was unhappy. It happens. Unfortunatly, we have a lot of expectation without communication in our culture. The fact that you had to hear it here, suggests that you were not going to win that one.

Love Toy Hunters. Reality shows are hit and miss with me. One thing that I avoid is Jerry Springer style reality shows like 'Springer-repo', 'Springer-pawn' and 'Springer-storage'. Way too much drama and not nearly enough educational fun. Your show is so much fun to watch.
      Have you considered a segment on Mexican bootleg toys?

Comment

• hollywoodheroes
        • May 19, 2011

THis makes me feel so much better... thank you for posting this.

The fact is; Toy Hunter will not last forever. I will be back dealing toys and working with collectors I know and respect. It's crucial to me that no bridges are burned... ever.

Jordan

Comment

• megokissface
          • Nov 26, 2012

I think I will wait until Gene Simmons comes out. I kinda liked this show however, the host is a real ******BAG! He's nothing but a celebrity of sorts but a ******bag toy scalper. You can tell he's only cares about money, money and making as much money from the people he rips off! I hope he doesn't attempt to scam the Megomeet people because the Mego people adore their toys, their craft and have worked hard to build the community.
          I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

He's a member here, in fact you just posted after him. One of our big rules here is no name calling, so let's play nice.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megokissface
              • Nov 26, 2012

The host of that terrible show is a member here? Oh, how horrible! Im very saddened by this.
              I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Again, I'm the moderator here so if you could refrain from the insults I'd appreciate it, not too much to ask for. Criticisms are one thing but we don't have to tolerate ad hominem comments and we won't.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

I luvz me some Jordan. Can't get enough of the show and wish it was an hour.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Byrnes
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by megokissface
                    a ******bag toy scalper.

Not really, he sells toys for a living. He makes it very clear that he needs to buy at 50% or so and sell for market value. I've seen plenty of shows where people have under valued the toys cause they don't realize how much it's worth and he offers more money to bring it closer to 50%. Just because on the show he says he paid $50 and will put it out for $100 doesn't mean it sells for $100. Someone may offer $75 and it sells for that. There was plenty of examples at one of the CONS(NYCC?) where he sold for less than the price he put it out at. I constantly ask my local toy guy to sell for less than he has it marked at, sometimes he does sell sometimes he doesn't. Scalping is buying a toy at retail price an marking it up 200-300% while it's still hanging on the hook at the local toy store, in my opinion.

PLUS It's always the seller choice to sell or not to sell. They make the price, not the buyer.
                    WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• sauce
                      Removed
                      • Jun 24, 2007

@Megokissface --

I like money. It's not a crime. If you haven't seen the BBC history of money series, you should.

But more to the point: You didn't really think that a commercial commodity corporate television show about valuable trinkets would be about solving the hunger crisis, did you?

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, I think Jordan comes off as quite likeable on the show myself. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but calling him names like that is really uncool. And he's running a business, that usually means you try to sell something for as much as you can over what you paid for it, that's how it works.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

@ MegoKissFace,

Being new to a board, then coming on insulting one of its members is a sure way to:
                          1) Make people dislike you
                          2) Make people not trust you, (like if you wanted to do some dealing in the Marketplace)
                          3) get kicked off of this forum

Now I don't know you, but I wouldn't want to see that happen. So in the future, find a more positive way of expressing yourself.

Thank you.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                            70's Era Pimp
                            • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                            @Megokissface --

I like money. It's not a crime. If you haven't seen the BBC history of money series, you should.

But more to the point: You didn't really think that a commercial commodity corporate television show about valuable trinkets would be about solving the hunger crisis, did you?

There ya go again B.....saying what I was gonna say, only better.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                              That 80's guy
                              • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by megokissface
                              The host of that terrible show is a member here? Oh, how horrible! Im very saddened by this.
                              The host probably wouldnt mind knowing what you find terrible about it. Constructive criticism is always useful in helping to make programming better and more enjoyable.

I havent seen the show in awhile. I gotta catch back up.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                                One eyed, wonder
                                • Dec 17, 2009

From his MM posts alone, Jordan shows character and integrity. With decades of collecting and dealing in vintage/modern comicbooks and toys, I'm happy to have a spokesperson of such class, as Jordan, to introduce this hobby to the TV audience.
                                Please do not ask me to defend any reality show hosts of the comicbook hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎