Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GaryB
    • Jul 29, 2012

As a big 80's Joe collector, no the Tomahawk is not worth that much. I paid $200 for mine mint, complete w/
    mint box. I'm a member on a G.I.Joe forum and there has been some heavy conversation about this one. Some of the guys were at this show and know the gentleman who supposedly purchased this and said that this deal was all staged for the show. I don't know personally, just been reading posts. I really don't care if it was or not. I still enjoy watching the show.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

It was great to see my friend Rob in this episode. I purchased a incomplete Marx Robin Hood Castle playset at his last toy show.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I can tell you from doing Conventions in the past for many years the prices there are usually higher to help pay for the booth. These booths are not cheep. I have done all the major and minor conventions the prices are steep. So you have to figure on what you think is going to sell quick and raise the price on them. At SDCC if you do not make your money on the first day, than you are hurting for the rest of the show.

Then you have the one day shows that are a pain. You have to hurry up unload, step up, figure out what is going to sell quick, keep an eye out for thieves, haggle prices, and hope that you made booth money and then a profit. Then the horrible time to pack everything back up and take to your store or storage shed and unload to take inventory.

Now add to this and Jordan is filming this? Crazy!!! And do not get me talking about the people you deal with at the shows.
        Last edited by monitor_ep; May 31, '13, 6:47 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Anybody else noticed Jordan's change in demeanor?

In the first season, he was so affable, polite...and super nice.

Now he's a bit confrontational and pushy.

Is it my imagination?
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Mark has a grin from ear to ear, he's so giddy...he loves being featured in that show.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
              Mark has a grin from ear to ear, hes so giddy...he loves being featured in that show.
              I just got off the phone with him, I can't say much but he will return.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Mark should be given a permanent co-starring role...he has charisma.

Toy Hunter will be much better if it has a Spy vs Spy vibe to it.
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

He is currently sending me pictures from the Golden Gate bridge, run on over and tell him in person.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Vinny0026
                      I loved the History of the Shazam name came up yesterday - I will admit I had no clue that was how his name was formed/made. great stuff!
                      Originally posted by mightyquinn
                      Me neither. That was cool.
                      Really? That's surprising to me, but maybe I just assume everyone has either seen the TV show (the names of the "immortal elders" are recited in order in the opening theme) or read the comics (where it was usually mentioned at some point, if not on the opening title page). Interesting to note, Mary Marvel, Billy's younger sister, gets her powers after saying "SHAZAM!" also, but they are derived from female deities/goddesses - Selena, Hippolyta, Ariadne (later changed to Artemis), Zephyus, Aurora (later changed to Aphrodite), and Minerva.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

But seriously, Jordan, tell the producers to drop that overenthusiastic-creepy-annoying-obnoxious-boy scout-wearing weirdo from the opening segment, I cringe every time I see that...ugh...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

Anybody else noticed Jordan's change in demeanor?

In the first season, he was so affable, polite...and super nice.

Now he's a bit confrontational and pushy.

Is it my imagination?
                          I noticed this too. Maybe a little less patient with folks?

Jordan, you feeling okay??
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

i think jordan is under a bit of pressure this season ,with gene & Danny and that comedian guy ,forget Steve and Mark,
                            Where is that Chick that was on the show last season?. but the real stars of the show are the toys.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

That's what i thought..especially last episode.....it was a hilarious. My Little girl loves Toyhunter she watches and rewatches the show over and over.....

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

After talking to Brian yesterday, I now realize that I was getting Lobros mixed up with Membros, which I thought was the one you sold. Lobros is indeed a hard Micro to find, my apologies Jordan.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎