Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOY HUNTER Returns April 10th. SEASON TWO STARTS WITH A BANG!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Byrnes
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
    Every time they show that dude, my wife says "there's your boyfriend".

I'd really like to "high five" her in the face.
    I'd never slap my wife.
    Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    I'm glad I'm not alone. Again, love the show, but I mention how much I hate that guy every week. And my wife comments on how he makes us look bad...and she collects BARBIES!!!

Chris
    LOL, my wife thinks I'm that guy also. I like to play it cool when I see an awesome toy. Imagine the movie American Psycho with Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman when he is given that business card by Paul Alan, outside cool as a cucumber inside a rage of emotion.

[Looking at Paul Allen's business card]

Patrick Bateman: Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark!
    Last edited by Byrnes; May 7, '13, 12:13 PM.
    WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

I refuse to recognize that guy as one of "my people", I don't want to believe that is true at all, or I may feel the need to re-evaluate my life.

I can't remember if I read it on a thread here or at rebelscum, but Jordan was aware that many people hate the giggling guy, and was hoping to have him edited out of the opening this season, but I guess some sadistic producer overruled him and wanted the guy left in.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I don't like the guy either. If most of us here did that,whoever we were buying the item from would slap a higher price tag on said item.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          I don't like the guy either. If most of us here did that,whoever we were buying the item from would slap a higher price tag on said item.
          Confession time: Back in my trading days, I was trying to sell a comic to an interested buyer, when he said: "What happen to your eye"? I politely said: "I lost it in childhood". At which point he said: "Ew", and did a tip-toe icky dance backwards like a 3 year old child. It was obvious to me that this person was challenged, but 3 was acting far below his maturity level. Although I had been considering a price of $15 for the $20 comic, after this, I said: "Yah, it's worth $25. So I'm not going below $20". If the comic had been unpriced, I would have charged him $40.
          The 'happy jumper' in the credits, bothers me only slightly, and only because he is in the opening credits of this show. At my store or show-table, these collectors can be some of the sweetest/nicest people. Big smiles, excitment, and happy dancing collector are ok in my book.
          If he continues to appear in the opening credits, I will try to associate him with the best expierenses I've had.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
            Stays Crunchy in Milk
            • Aug 2, 2004

I love this show! Megos on nearly every episode. It actually prompted me log back on here (after a long hiatus). Jordan, I think the people would love to see your collection.
            Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
              Stays Crunchy in Milk
              • Aug 2, 2004

In regards to the dislike for the giggling guy... The dude's authentic. We've all either known that guy, or we've been that guy. Does he make collectors look dorky? Maybe, but if being cool like the Fonz is that important to you maybe you shouldn't collect dolls (I know, action figures. I just used dolls for effect).

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

After what I just read over in the Figures Toy company interview,I'm going have to take back what I just said about that guy. I was just acting like him after reading that.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                  Stays Crunchy in Milk
                  • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
                  I agree. I have never found that show credible. You can't in good faith offer solid market values on really anything if your not immersed in it as a personal collector. I size them up as no better than the "experts' you hear on radio call in shows that pretend like their guessing when their reading from a book. Toy Hunter is BY FAR the most credible show when it comes to profiling product.
                  As said, most "reality" shows aren't. For instance Pawn Stars has actors come in with stuff to sell, (totally set-up) but it's still watchable because there are interesting items. Toy Hunter is staged as well, but the items on the stage are great toys that we all love, and great people that love those toys. We should rejoice that this is on TV.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I liked tonight's episode. Fun stuff.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Almost missed tonight's episode. Man, Bonaduce may be the definition of Z-List Celebrity, but he seems like a damn good guy. Yeah, he's had his issues, but he seems like the 'my own worst enemy' type. Not the type whose actions end up affecting others far and wide. Plus he seems genuinely grateful to those who still keep him relevant.

I think his dependence issues are over (could be wrong about that) and he seems like he has done a really good job of cleaning up and turning his life around.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, he's got a regular gig, which is more than a lot of former child stars can say. I haven't seen him star in a reality show in a while, which is a good thing. Probably not good for drudging all the old vices up. Now I see Travel Channel is giving Bret Michaels another series. Sheesh.

But it was a fun episode. Partridge Family wasn't much of a rerun staple in our area, so the nostalgia value isn't as high for me as most my age, but I enjoyed seeing the stuff. The Remco Bus was actually pretty neat.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Den82
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 17, 2011

Which giggling guy? The big bald guy who jumps up and down over the Boba Fett? Yeah, that guy can turn anyone into Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, that guy.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• mvanis
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 5, 2013

Really wish the show was an hour long... It's always over well before I'm ready for it to be!
                              Looking for:
                              • Lincoln Monsters (Any condition)
                              • Boxed Mego Monsters
                              • AHI Jigglers / Bendy Monsters (Carded and Loose)
                              • ANYTHING Monster related

Founder - The Toy Archives

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                                One eyed, wonder
                                • Dec 17, 2009

I did like the respect that Mr Bonaduce gave Jordan. He seemed grateful to be the celebrity buyer of this episode, even though his pockets only go so deep. Jordan gifting the unicycle, was just Fantastic! Toys have value, but people like Jordan give them a heart as well. Toy Hunter 4ever.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎