• piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

I would stick with realistic.

Comment

• ribefex
      Museum Patron
      • Dec 19, 2008

I think the female body that you've made ​​only allows realistic heads, but you still have a margin for eyes and mouth a little large and expressive, while still being realistic. In fact, I think Yvonne's face is a bit too neutral for my taste.

That said, I would love someone to do a stylized 8" body and heads as female characters from The Spirit of Will Eisner, for example.

Thank you very much for asking.

Comment

• groovedirk
        • Dec 18, 2011

I vote for realistic, but personally I'd like molded hair. I love the Final Fantasy Play Arts heads or the Spider Girl Famous Covers head...

Dirk

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Just as long as we don't get heads with the bug-eyed anime look a la Sailor Moon!
          JediJaida

Comment

• Captain_Mego
            Vet.
            • May 22, 2007

I like ((( both)))..options...I could see that head being pretty cool on some figures. Real hair on both please.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I'd be down for Stylistic - if it fit the Megoesque style.

Meaning, if Stylistic had a Silver Age appeal or look to her face, then absolutly. I'd love to have an options that could evoke Kirby.

But, if by Stylisitic you mean near-manga or video game, then no.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by hedrap
                I'd be down for Stylistic - if it fit the Megoesque style.

Meaning, if Stylistic had a Silver Age appeal or look to her face, then absolutly. I'd love to have an options that could evoke Kirby.

But, if by Stylisitic you mean near-manga or video game, then no.
                That sounds like an issue if everyone has different ideas about what sort of stylised heads they'd like.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Thanks for the input everybody, and I'll try my best to keep both camps happy.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                    That sounds like an issue if everyone has different ideas about what sort of stylised heads they'd like.
                    True.

Perfect example is Venture Bros. While technically faithful to the cartoon, they have near zero custom quality because of it.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

My vote? Definitely realistic. And a bald head that us "re-rooters" could use to customize would be great! And I would assume, since no hair or rooting, cheaper to manufacture?

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                        My vote? Definitely realistic. And a bald head that us "re-rooters" could use to customize would be great! And I would assume, since no hair or rooting, cheaper to manufacture?
                        A bald head would be less expensive but not a lot.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Yvonne's face is awesome! I think more realistic heads like her's would suit the Mego style better.
                          That is my own opinion though.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Jase25
                            MarshallMadeCollectibles
                            • Jan 8, 2009

Hair Do's and Dont's

Realistic....in fact the pics I've seen of Yvonne...the sculpt is perfect different hair choices would be the way to go. If you could do a bald head but have separate molded (yes I said molded) hair pieces (a la Doc Megos Julie head) that would even be cool for us customizers...because we could have different hairs styles molded in different colors. I know that might not be a hit with some who like the real hair look, but it would be nice to be able to buy a brown hair piece that was a french braid for a Lara Croft or a long following red hair piece for a MJ Waston or Black hair piece for a Wonder Woman...all made to fit the same base bald head...just by buying a $4-$5 different hair pieces. Heck you could have like 5 different hair dos...all that could be molded in the different colors (blonde, black, red, brunette, white, etc..) all for one head. Then as more bald heads came out in different ethnic tones with bodies which could all make use of the same hair pieces....Just by doing that the combinations for us would be astonishing, it staggers the imagination what we could do. Just my two cents.

....hey someone owes me two cents.
                            Last edited by Jase25; Mar 14, '13, 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling
                            Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jase25
                              Realistic....in fact the pics I've seen of Yvonne...the sculpt is perfect different hair choices would be the way to go. If you could do a bald head but have separate molded (yes I said molded) hair pieces (a la Doc Megos Julie head) that would even be cool for us customizers...because we could have different hairs styles molded in different colors. I know that might not be a hit with some who like the real hair look, but it would be nice to be able to buy a brown hair piece that was a french braid for a Lara Croft or a long following red hair piece for a MJ Waston or Black hair piece for a Wonder Woman...all made to fit the same base bald head...just by buying a $4-$5 different hair pieces. Heck you could have like 5 different hair dos...all that could be molded in the different colors (blonde, black, red, brunette, white, etc..) all for one head. Then as more bald heads came out in different ethnic tones with bodies which could all make use of the same hair pieces....Just by doing that the combinations for us would be astonishing, it staggers the imagination what we could do. Just my two cents.

....hey someone owes me two cents.
                              Here's the one problem, and possibly a big one, that I can see happening with the swappable hairstyles. Because of likely inconsistencies in the sculpting, pantographing and molding stages of making the pieces, there's probably a good chance that there will be problems with them not fitting together correctly. These problems could snowball into bigger problems for me which I'd much rather avoid. This isn't to say I'm not willing to try that option, I'd just rather not start out with it.

Comment

• Jase25
                                MarshallMadeCollectibles
                                • Jan 8, 2009

I completely understand, would be a rough option to do something like that then not have it pan out the way you wanted or the way you planned for it to go. Would be cool though.
                                Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎