Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I have never seen a KISS forum that ever liked these figures from day one. There is some limited nostalgia for the original Megos, but that didn't remotely translate over with the retros. Most of that interest came from the Mego base. I think the average KISS fan today is not from our era of Megos and so there is a disconnect on wanting to buy up all the variations due to a different outfit. And for those of us who do appreciate it, the quality just isn't there. At some point all of this will have to get parted out if they intend to sell it. And then, and only then, does it have a chance to move. Personally I think they should have invested in one good base line set of figures that came from Farrow's design and then sold costume sets separately to dress them in different looks. Asking people to repurchase the figures over and over again is not working. Especially at those prices. And as pricey as they are, the aftermarket value will likely suffer since the appeal is not there. H*ll, look at the McFarlane figures that were made 10 years ago? The Creature and Dynasty sets were detailed and looked pretty nice. You can buy most of those for a song today. So if anything, I only see these particular figures going down in value. KISS or not, they still have to look good. These look silly. I dare say CTVT will be stinging from their investment in this license for some time to come. They should have planned this out better. I think that's why these are coming out so fast, because they are bleeding financially and desperately need to move this product.

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

I luv them and will get them.
      Last edited by Chris; Mar 11, '13, 7:32 AM.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Like many here, I only picked up Series 1 and that was it. Not as huge a KISS fan as all y'all. Only picked 'em up because I never had the original 12" Megos, but I'm from that era and the 8" versions were perfect for my collection. I can easily see a KISS fan getting the Monster set, however (new outfits, that "collect 'em all" vibe), but it's not sparking any interest from me at all.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

The poor quality of the head sculpts (and scale), hair, paint and costumes of these figures is astounding. The first two series were great. The second series simply revised the original heads, and this was quite effective. The SB and Monster figures are just bad. What a shame.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

The sculpts are functional, but the size is a problem and the paint jobs I don't love. Everything else looks good to me.

It's not going to matter who sculpts them, Farrow or not. If the size is wrong, it's never going to look good.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
              • Nov 6, 2012

these look so incredibly bad. My guess is that they are trying to get some extra mileage out of the "Sonic Boom" heads and costume parts.... pretty terrible. Could this be the final nail in the Kiss/CTVT coffin?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ That's a great observation and a good closing question. Because the only series not yet produced is the Dressed to Kill figures. Which, if we are to believe the photo on the KISS carrying case, would be Farrow's heads. The question is will it be too late by that point?

Comment

• megokissface
                  • Nov 26, 2012

What in the HELL happened to the Dressed to Kill Series? Wasnt the order like this...Mego style reproduction,1974 First Album,Sonic Boom,Dressed To Kill and then whatever followed? This is RETARDED! Who the hell wants another pair of a FAKE Ace and Catman figures? I was really looking forward to Dressed To Kill or Dynasty,The Elder or anything WITHOUT Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer's UGLY faces or likenesses. Good luck in selling these...I guess Im gonna have to wait and preay to see IF we will get a Dynasty set...WITH Ace and Peter! The ORIGINAL KISS members
                  I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• megokissface
                    • Nov 26, 2012

These are HORRIBLE but what do you expect from Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer headsculps? Two FAKE members with the appeal of dried up sandwich?! Where in the world are the promised Dressed To Kill figures?

Comment

• megokissface
                      • Nov 26, 2012

This is a GIANT MESS! As a KISS figures hardcore collector myself I can tell you that this is the breaking point! Where are the Dressed To Kill figures? Why do they keep pushing out non Ace and Peter figures? No one cares about Thayer nor Singer enough to have them as figures! I hope this doesnt ruin our chances of getting the sets we want like Dynasty,Destroyer,the Elder and others. I wish I could purchase a couple of the discounted 1974 12ich dolls and make my own costumes instead! Im so frustrated. I tossed out ALL my Eric Singer memorabilia once he started wearing Peter's makeup as it is!

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                        Defender of the Megoverse
                        • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by megokissface
                        This is a GIANT MESS! As a KISS figures hardcore collector myself I can tell you that this is the breaking point! Where are the Dressed To Kill figures? Why do they keep pushing out non Ace and Peter figures? No one cares about Thayer nor Singer enough to have them as figures! I hope this doesnt ruin our chances of getting the sets we want like Dynasty,Destroyer,the Elder and others. I wish I could purchase a couple of the discounted 1974 12ich dolls and make my own costumes instead! Im so frustrated. I tossed out ALL my Eric Singer memorabilia once he started wearing Peter's makeup as it is!
                        Releasing the Monster figures is either good or bad. The good side is that now the only figures to do are the classics unless they do the figures from the non make up years. I hope not! On the bad side, maybe the figures are not selling good enough so they deciided to do the Monster figures as a last run. However, there's a huge chance that they decided to do the Monster Figures now because it is their new album. We'll just have to wait and see! For now, I'm passing on the Monster figures!!!!!

Comment

• megokissface
                          • Nov 26, 2012

Thats what I said! WE DONT want NO Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer makeup dolls! YUCKO! Its bad enough they ruined the classic KISS do they have to ruin a KISS toyline as well? They really should get their act together and do what the fans want! We want Dynasty,Destroyer,The Elder,Eric Carr in makeup and other stuff but hell no to the two fakes in makeup!

Comment

• megokissface
                            • Nov 26, 2012

Most of us Army members didnt care for Monster nor Comic Boo as KISS albums. I work at music store and we sent back most of the Monster cds since no one was buying. I think we only sold about 5 copies which is pretty bad for such an act. These last two series have only been good for the Gene figures even if the head is pretty big but then again, Gene Simmons does have a big ego filled head! This is just a bad set of toys. Tommy Thayer not only looks hoorible as Ace but that carries over into the toy world. His figure looks like Herman Munster with Ace makeup! Just wrong

Comment

• megokissface
                              • Nov 26, 2012

PS the Toy Room of Insanity is the greatest toy forum that I subscribed on Youtube!!!! I just ADORE The ToyRoom of Insanity!!! Im MrFrogbutt on Youtube

Comment

• warlock664
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 15, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡