• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

New KISS Monster Album series...

Just saw these on facebook...
    Gene's costume screams Destroyer but the others aren't as impressive. Maybe the Catman's spider vest. http://figurestoycompany.com/
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I can't mask my disappointment here. They look like crap. Terrible head sculpts which are WAY too big. Silly paints jobs. And they have the NERVE to charge you $5.00 extra to smear red paint on Gene's face or stick some feathers on Paul and call it a variant? This is the epitome of bad taste and hack salesmanship. Good luck selling 4,000 production pieces of that garbage. No Farrow samples in sight.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
      Vet.
      • May 22, 2007

think of all the money they saved useing the 12 inch heads for the 8 inch figures..now thats good marketing. your cruizzzzzing in the gravy now my little bisket.

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by Captain_Mego
        your cruizzzzzing in the gravy now my little bisket.

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

I can't think of a re-mego series that looks worse than these. Clearly the Sonic Boom sculpts are poor. It's hard to believe that CTVT just took those bad sculpts and allowed some blind children to paint them.
          Giving away the Hotter than Hell Gene variant? That's weird.

Comment

• Wise4671
            Banned
            • Aug 11, 2007

I bought the first series of 8 inchers when they came out and that is it for me.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Wise4671
              I bought the first series of 8 inchers when they came out.
              Same with me since they were mini versions of the 12" ones. Not really interested in the others unless I found them for next to nothing.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I really enjoyed the 'shrink' for the first release. Having the original 12" style brought down in scale was pretty fun. I thought the second wave was fun as well, tho the price bump and the variant figures sort of brought things down a bit for me. However, these last two waves are doing nothing for me. Sort of like prequels vs original trilogy; I just can't really get behind these post reunion representations. Does not help matters that they are looking like bad kit bashes.
                I do have hopes that the dressed to kill set will look good, and I am hoping some of the later costumes will get made. Creatures, and the elder would be fun.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

I Dynasty set would be excellent if they step up the costumes. Plus it would be cool to have an Eric Carr and a Vinnie Vincent just to round out the full cast. Well of course the unmasked versions as well with Bruce and Mark. That's a whole lot of kissin'

Comment

• fossilfuse
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Oct 27, 2008

I have been a KISS fan since 1976, and the original Mego's were the most awesome toys I had, and I still have them. When CTVT came out with the re-mego Series 1, it was a dream come true...8" versions of the originals. I have purchased series 1, series 2, and the variants. They are pricey, but I am a fan. So what the heck happened after series 2?!!! I am pretty easy to please, but Series 3 and 4 look terrible. Why can't they just do the outfits like Destroyer, Love Gun, and Dressed to Kill (which they show on their carrying case) like we have all been begging for from the start? It seems like simple marketing to me. If they keep providing us with items we cannot stand, this line will sink fast, and that is a disappointment.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like Paul's got Travolta's wig from Hairspray.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jackson5677
                        Banned
                        • Oct 19, 2008

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, that too.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jackson5677
                            Banned
                            • Oct 19, 2008

I think series 1 and 2 look good........these are a mess.......DESTROYER!!!!!!!!

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by MIB41
                              I can't mask my disappointment here. They look like crap. Terrible head sculpts which are WAY too big. Silly paints jobs. And they have the NERVE to charge you $5.00 extra to smear red paint on Gene's face or stick some feathers on Paul and call it a variant? This is the epitome of bad taste and hack salesmanship. Good luck selling 4,000 production pieces of that garbage. No Farrow samples in sight.
                              Exactly my thoughts - and I am KISS fan to the core. They must be saving Farrow's stuff for the end...then they'll sell heads to replace all the previous figure collections.

Originally posted by mego
                              I can't think of a re-mego series that looks worse than these. Clearly the Sonic Boom sculpts are poor. It's hard to believe that CTVT just took those bad sculpts and allowed some blind children to paint them.
                              Giving away the Hotter than Hell Gene variant? That's weird.
                              They are giving away the variant Gene because he is not selling, so they are sweetening the pot..but not enough.

Originally posted by ScottA
                              Same with me since they were mini versions of the 12" ones. Not really interested in the others unless I found them for next to nothing.
                              Ditto that. I only have the KISS 1st Year figures because they were XMas gifts...and recently just bought Sonic Boom Gene just because it worked out that I saved shipping money by adding it to a CTVT order. I will not buy the remaining SB figs unless it is a giveaway at $10 or something.

I'd LOVE to hear what is being said on other toy/KISS forums....the reviews can NOT be favorable.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎