Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Chance in Heck we'll ever get Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein Figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by sallie138
    I have NO idea what your talking about. Surely Universal wouldn't debase the 'stein franchise with lowly post-war comedians. Humor has no place in horror, for proof of this watch [if you can] Scream or I know how lame this movie is.
    Are you serious?
    A & C Meet Frankenstein is considered the greatest horror comedy of all time. It was so popular in fact, that it spawned four sequels, A & C went on the meet The Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Killer Boris Karloff, and The Mummy.
    Not too shabby for a couple "lowly" comedians.

Comment

• Wise4671
      Banned
      • Aug 11, 2007

I have NO idea what your talking about. Surely Universal wouldn't debase the 'stein franchise with lowly post-war comedians. Humor has no place in horror, for proof of this watch [if you can] Scream or I know how lame this movie is.
      Abbott and Costello's Movies should not even be mentioned in the lines of scream WAYYYYY 2 different types of comedy. A&C's horror films were awesome and are alot of fun to watch. Instead of trying to get people to watch Scream I think you should watch the Abbott and Costello meets..... movies then get back to us. :-)

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
        Career Member
        • Sep 5, 2005

From what I've been told over the years, the A&C license is prohibitively expensive. Add in Universal and the other liknesses needed and the expense is too great.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
          That's a Shame......I'd Love to own A&C merchandise......it's no wonder modern kids don't know who many of the older comedians are. Our generation was exposed to them all the time and even if we knew they were from another time, the work was still funny..
          I think stuff like this is usually exposed to kids by their parents, even in our generation. My dad introduced me to A&C, Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, etc when I was a kid, so I knew all about them, but many of my classmates barely knew them. So, I'm doing my duty and exposing my kids to these classics too. The other day my kids (nearly 7 and 4 years old) watched A&C Meet the Invisible Man and they loved it.

Comment

• sauce
            Removed
            • Jun 24, 2007

Funniest ****ing post since 1994!!!!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Unclench guys, It's not just a generational thing. I HAD to google A+C to find out who they were. History/culture has forgotten them, yet the Marx bros and Jerry Lewis are still funny. I found another reference that stated their one joke [who's on first?], was pirated from another pair named George and Gracie Burns ?.
              You mean George Burns and Gracie Allen....please please please, show me your source,where did you get your info from, cause never ever ever did I hear that A&C stole Who's on First from them.....That's a new one on me......History Has forgotten them? you need to double check your facts cause they are not forgotten....

Comment

• sauce
                Removed
                • Jun 24, 2007

It's a gag! You got had! ^^^

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by nayrbgo
                  It's a gag! You got had! ^^^
                  LOL!!!