Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

...Oh yea... and no one is aloud to comment or post anymore pics till I get mine!!! lol

looking good guys keep em coming.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Sorry dude, I have to say this.

I just compared my vintage Dinah body (with CTVT repro black haired girl head), and the ZICA head is waaaay smaller!

The bodies are just about the same height, as they stand shoulder to shoulder very well.

I haven't taken any measurements yet, but that's for later.

But that head is TEENY! It's only about three inches in diameter, whereas the repro head is five inches, and a vintage Dinah head is four inches.

Methinks they let the head shrink too much at the factory, Craig.
      JediJaida

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

She's a beauty will defo be getting one for my daughter and me.....

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Sorry dude, I have to say this.

I just compared my vintage Dinah body (with CTVT repro black haired girl head), and the ZICA head is waaaay smaller!

The bodies are just about the same height, as they stand shoulder to shoulder very well.

I haven't taken any measurements yet, but that's for later.

But that head is TEENY! It's only about three inches in diameter, whereas the repro head is five inches, and a vintage Dinah head is four inches.

Methinks they let the head shrink too much at the factory, Craig.
          That might be true but to me the size of the head looks fine. However, if I start getting a lot of negative feedback on this issue I'll take steps to have it fixed on future productions.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

I don't mind the size of her head as I always thought the Mego women had balloon heads. I want to make some customs with masks / helmets and the smaller head will make it easier.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• jquest
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 19, 2007

WOW!! Amazing Figure!! Received mine today!! And Really Love the work you put into her!! Personally I Prefer the Head she has on now!! Going to give my customs a more realistic look, I never really cared for the Bobble Head Look! Liked her so much! I placed an order for two more!!
              Last edited by jquest; Mar 7, '13, 6:49 PM.

Comment

• Saroyan
                Persistent Member
                • Oct 4, 2011

Clear Mego stands:

Originally posted by Bronxboykev
                Paul Wasson AKA Lasermego

I just have to put in an unsolicited plug for those Mego stands- they are top shelf! Absolutely professional, well finished- just amazing- I bought a set of 6 and will be buying more in the future- I can't imagine a better stand for 8' figures!

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the plug. Stands available at http://www.lasermego.com/store/stand
                  Works great with Yvonne!
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Dinah Mite had a big old water head, so this head actually looks in scale.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

haven't got mine yet but from the pictures I think the head looks in better scale. most of the Mego female heads were too large

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

It does seem small at first in person. However, as others have pointed out... mego female heads were huge. I think this size is much better.
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• groovedirk
                          • Dec 18, 2011

Originally posted by pmwasson
                          I don't mind the size of her head as I always thought the Mego women had balloon heads. I want to make some customs with masks / helmets and the smaller head will make it easier.
                          I agree. It's not that this figure's head is too small, it's that the female Mego heads were always (way) too big....I'm happy with the size...I just want some variety.

Dirk

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

I got mine today. My impressions: I am blown away by how nice these are! Everything has a nice feel to it. She does not feel cheap or flimsy. I have not tried to swap out parts yet, but the extra hands are nice and the bust parts are a great idea. I am already looking for characters to make using this body and what size bust they need! I think the body has nice proportions to it including the head and face. The head does seem a bit small, mostly in comparison to the Mego melon! I would almost recommend to Craig to consider making the head a tad bigger on future runs if only so it won't be so noticeable when on display with other Mego's! With that said, it is by no means a fatal flaw! Mego male heads tend to vary in scale, so now we just have the female equivalent of a Bruce Wayne head in comparison to a Starbuck head! One thing I was happy with was the facial expression. In the early pics, I thought she looked a bit peeved. I think she looks more mood neutral in person.
                            I look forward to finishing a custom with this body. I have been way busy lately, but I will have to find some time! There is now a female body we can use for customs that really works! Thank you Craig!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

I can't wait to get the two I ordered. Any idea when the rest of the orders will be arriving?

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                                I can't wait to get the two I ordered. Any idea when the rest of the orders will be arriving?
                                If your order was one that got filled from this first case you should have it no later than tomorrow. The remaining cases aren't expected to arrive until the end of this month, maybe a little later. Once I receive those I'll start filling orders again ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎