Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

And that is why even though I only spent a few days with you Chappie, I consider you my friend!
    Originally posted by David Lee
    I won't speak for Craig, but I say if you want to modify our old Castaway stuff, that's cool by me. You are doing the one thing I have ever asked which is give credit where credit is due. If you use our design when you make something? point it out... make a point of giving credit back to the original. We are not some big faceless company, we are guys on these boards with you! We are doing the same kinds of things everyday...

Your not doing what CTVT did in taking our parts and sending them to China and selling them without even a tip of the hat for F- you very much...that was a d - bag move.

This, in my opininon, is totally in the spirit of what we do as customizers bro. Thanks for keeping it alive.

Dave

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

I won't speak for Craig, but I say if you want to modify our old Castaway stuff, that's cool by me. You are doing the one thing I have ever asked which is give credit where credit is due. If you use our design when you make something? point it out... make a point of giving credit back to the original. We are not some big faceless company, we are guys on these boards with you! We are doing the same kinds of things everyday...

Your not doing what CTVT did in taking our parts and sending them to China and selling them without even a tip of the hat for F- you very much...that was a d - bag move.

This, in my opininon, is totally in the spirit of what we do as customizers bro. Thanks for keeping it alive.

Dave
      Dave, once again, proves he's good people. Well said, sir!

Now, get Craig on board, and make them kits so we can sing your praises!

Also, you're 100% doing things right, Piecemaker. Acknowledge the sources for the parts, give credit where credit's due in public, thank them profusely - you've done all this! If you want, go the extra distance and with each kit, throw in a small card saying something along the lines of "With great appreciation and credit to Dave of Castaway Toys and Craig from Zica for the parts and sculpts that allowed me to make these kits."

Little things like that go a LONG way.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Mego Magyar
        Permanent Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

I feel bad that a casual question that I asked ( in that other thread ) caused problems for you and everyone that was looking forward to this. I hope things work out for you concerning this project.

Comment

• piecemaker
          There's no need to fear..
          • Jan 26, 2009

Dave
          Thank you David,Very cool of you!!!

The Zica body situation is still a little fuzzy to me.I know i read something awhile back that he was selling off his tooling,etc to another company.I'm not sure if that happened,and if it did,to who,but after doing some thinking about this today,its probably best just to eliminate that potential problem from the equation and just go with a New redesigned Mego-style body.

I've already had some feedback from some people after i posted the How To on the body mods regarding the difficulty,so i think i can kill two birds with one stone here.It will take some more time but it will be more User Friendly and the bodies will be easier to get also.

Magyar1964,not a problem.It was a good thing.Thank you too.

Stay tuned,i haven't given up on these yet.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

When the kits are ready to go, I know I'll be here for 'em!

As for the new redesigned Mego body you mentioned, if you don't mind my asking, are you planning on using a Dr. Mego T2 body to revamp? Those bodies are great choices.
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

piecemaker, Keep pushing. Personally, I luv the thread and the work you are doing. You're the best.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• piecemaker
                • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                When the kits are ready to go, I know I'll be here for 'em!
                • As for the new redesigned Mego body you mentioned, if you don't mind my asking, are you planning on using a Dr. Mego T2 body to revamp? Those bodies are great choices.
                Actually "new body" was a poor choice of words on my part.What i'm planning to do is to skinny down the arms and legs on a T2 to slightly smaller than T1 size for the new body mod pieces so they will work on any T2 body.
                Their will still be some armour pieces that will need to be resized/resculpted to fit that modified T2 body too.

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

I forgot to mention that if anyone is wanting to use the Zica body like i did for this custom.I can show you how i did those body mods.It does involve some molding and casting but is not real tough for someone that already has some molding/casting experience and wants to go that route.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 22, 2012

Looks fantastic! Any idea what the cost for the final kit will be? Ball park at least?
                    Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

this is a very compelling thread . . . . . first I would certainly take a kit or two, just too cool to pass up!
                      In regard to the recasting issue. i respect you for your stance but also feel, like others your splitting hairs . . . . but to error on the side of caution is a good thing. dave had blessed it and to be honest, correct me if I'm wrong, craig doesn't own that body any longer and diamond isn't really utilizing it. so I see nothing wrong at all, espeoically with the kind of modifications you made. either way great work all around!
                      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Glad to see this proceding and I'm still in for a kit.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• piecemaker
                          • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by megojim
                          this is a very compelling thread . . . . . first I would certainly take a kit or two, just too cool to pass up!
                          • In regard to the recasting issue. i respect you for your stance but also feel, like others your splitting hairs . . . . but to error on the side of caution is a good thing. dave had blessed it and to be honest, correct me if I'm wrong, craig doesn't own that body any longer and diamond isn't really utilizing it. so I see nothing wrong at all, espeoically with the kind of modifications you made. either way great work all around!
                          Diamond maybe isn't utilizing it yet.I think they do have plans to use it or certain design aspects of it in the future.Thats a big part of the problem,new school vs old school design.The knee joint and upper thigh swivel joint are new designs.The foot joint in this case dont matter because i already changed that from the Zica swivel foot design to the Mego hinge joint.

I really didn't want to give up using the Zica body and i think i came up with a better solution.Eliminate the Zica arm/leg mods all together and use redesigned Mego arm/leg mods that adapt to the Zica body.That way i'm not copying anything Zica designed/made and i can still use that body.It becomes just like buying an after market accessory for your car.

So i'm thinking that is the direction i'm going with this now. PS: I know DST now owns this body but i will probably always call it a "Zica" body.Old habits are hard to break.
                          Last edited by piecemaker; Jul 24, '13, 7:18 PM.

Comment

• piecemaker
                            • Jan 26, 2009

I've made some progress on the new body.I have a little more to do yet,then i'll post some pics of that.In the meantime here's some other progress pics.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-x2JHWGZ/0/XL/i-x2JHWGZ-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
                              • Jan 26, 2009

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-GD45PQD/0/XL/i-GD45PQD-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
                                • Jan 26, 2009

Most of these leg armour parts are Version 1,a little rougher than V2,but with a little more work they can be used.So if someone wants to mix and match,they will be cheaper.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-gfVnBNd/0/XL/i-gfVnBNd-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎