Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Just found out the Tarzan head will work with the helmet too.
    [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-7t6MKPG/1/L/red%20st%20015-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
      • Jan 26, 2009

Telly even likes it.
      [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-5wgNgNX/0/XL/red%20st%20016-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
        • Jan 26, 2009

As far as price that will vary depending on how much work you want to do yourself.The "bare bones" kit where you do everything from deflashing,dremeling,sanding,fitting,drilling and painting will be the cheapest route.There is ALOT of work involved in making one of these.The arm/leg mods add to the difficulty.I will be posting a pictorial soon explaining the whole process from start to finish including everything you might need ,depending.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Great cant wait to see it. Gotta know what works with it so you know what you would need to get and how readily it is available. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Tarzan makes for an awesome trooper. Sort of sweaty and no nonsense.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by SeattleEd
              Red and black!! All over those!

Red and black for me.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

Going for the classic White myself.
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

Here's a pic of all 33 cast resin parts as they came out of the molds.I'm going to guesstimate at the very least 8 hours to remove flashing,sand and clean up all parts.Its probably more like 10 to 12 hours but i just do a little bit here and there,when i have the time so i dont have the exact amount of time.More to come later.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-PZpzSfw/1/XL/red%20st%20019-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
                    • Jan 26, 2009

Here's some of the tools,etc i used to remove flashing/prep these parts.^^^ More to come later.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-5LVsVFN/1/XL/red%20st%20024-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Full on garage kit goodness!

Comment

• JMC
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 3, 2004

I'm so in for this

Comment

• Ben
                          mego nut
                          • Nov 18, 2010

I would like one...Thanks

Comment

• Saroyan
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 4, 2011

I don't know if I could finish one- but I would at least try! Have you set a price yet?

Comment

• piecemaker
                              • Jan 26, 2009

• Originally posted by Saroyan
                                I don't know if I could finish one- but I would at least try! Have you set a price yet?
                                From the wisdom of Yoda: "Do or do not....there is no try."

I'm still working out some pricing options,but i'm thinking the basic do Everything yourself kit is going to be around 40.00 plus shipping.I think everyone should be able to do most of it fairly easily.It takes some time and with any model kit,you get out of it,what you put into it.Some of it requires special tools that maybe everyone dont have or maybe you are not the best painter.I'll help with any parts of this someone cant or dont want to do.Thats why i'm doing the pictorial to explain everything that it takes to complete and each individual can decide.I want everyone that gets one to be able to complete it and enjoy it.

I have two "early birds" i'm finishing up today and they will be headed off to their new home Monday.I have to order more resin today as i will be using the last of it finishing these.So sometime next week i will be finishing some more.I will be heading down the 'list' of people that specifically said they were interested in a kit from the original Finished Customs thread first and then to people in this thread.

And if for whatever reason you decide you dont want one now thats Ok too.These take some time,But i will be knocking on everyones door eventually.

I never posted a pic of the back of the latest version,so here's a pic of that.

[img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-hCt7n45/0/XL/stormtrooperv2%20013-XL.jpg[/img]

Comment

• piecemaker
                                • Jan 26, 2009

Zica Body Mod

You will need a Zica body.I wish i would have bought more when i had the chance but i only have a few so this is something you must supply yourself.

You will also need a drill of some sort either electric or you can get by with one like the little hand drill pictured,a 2mm drill bit,2mm styrene rod,some Super Glue and a little later a bowl with some boiling hot water in it.

Get the arm/leg body mod parts together.There are 24 pieces you have to work with.
                                2-Upper arm pieces
                                2-Lower arm pieces
                                2-Arm/Elbow pins
                                2-Hand pins
                                2-Hands
                                2-Wrist/arm joint pieces
                                2-Upper leg pieces
                                2-Lower leg pieces
                                2-Knee joint pieces
                                2-Leg pins
                                2-Foot pins
                                2-Boots
                                [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-hdw8Pgs/0/XL/stp%20001-XL.jpg[/img]

I only have about half the parts pictured here.The parts for one arm,one leg,minus the Knee joint piece,i forgot but it will be shown later.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎