Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sideshow done with Universal Monsters?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Is Sideshow done with Universal Monsters?

I've decided to pick up my Sideshow monster collection that I put on hold. Still trying to finish the first series of monsters they released but I always thought that the UM were what put sideshow on the map, and there still seems to be a lot of characters they could do. I'm behind the times. Is anybody going to continue with the licence or even put out 12" monsters/aliens in general?
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

It's been ages since anything was added to that line. Can't think that they'd continue.
    I love that series, I always pick one or two up at conventions. Last one, I found White Zombie Lugosi and Hunchback.
    Still hunting for a Mummy and Dracula.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Yeah, they give up the license a few years ago for fantasy and superhero. If not, I don't think Diamond wouldn't have been able to grab it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I somehow stumbled into collecting these. Got Drac for a really great trade, then Karloff/Monster from Bride for cheap. My wife got me the Wolfman for Christmas. I think if that's all I get, I'm good, as I have the Big Three. But that Larry Talbot is nice...

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• HumanWolfman
          Type3Toys Has Transformed
          • Oct 5, 2011

You can actually pick up most of them cheap on ebay. You have to have Fritz and Bela The Gypsy!
          View My Customs
          www.type3toys.com
          or check here
          http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            • Jan 22, 2008

Geez, by the time I get around to collecting "modern toys" they're already vintage. I didn't realize that it had been so long since they last put out a figure. I guess that gives me time to catch up I guess.
            I just picked up about 6-7 figures on ebay and didnt pay over $35 for any of them. Looks like with a little diligence even the harder to find figures (creature, drac) can be picked up for around $100. I didn't even think about Diamond Select having the licence now.
            I passed on a Larry Talbot and a Fritz as I try to keep the collection just monsters/aliens, but that could change after I finish the monsters.

Comment

• turnbolt
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 26, 2008

I have been slowly recollecting this line for a couple years. They are pretty spectacular. You can get a good deal on all of them if you have patience. Love this line. Sad we never got a Bela Ygor in 12" format. Here are my monsters.
              I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                Career Member
                • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                Yeah, they give up the license a few years ago for fantasy and superhero.
                Actually, from all accounts it was a pretty unexpected loss and there had been more UM products planned.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                  I just picked up about 6-7 figures on ebay and didnt pay over $35 for any of them. Looks like with a little diligence even the harder to find figures (creature, drac) can be picked up for around $100.
                  Will you do my shopping for me?
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I now have nine of them (Glenn Strange Frankenstein, Hunchback, Ardeth Bey, Red Death Phantom, White Zombie Bela, Bela Gypsy, Metaluna, Wolfman and Mole People). Nosferatu and Vlad Tepes are also nice additions to this line, great figures...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      • Jan 22, 2008

I have Frankenstein (Bride of..., House of..., Ghost of..., Son of..., ...Meets the Wolfman), plus, The Wolfman, The Mole People, Metaluna Mutant and Phantom of the Opera in the Silver Screen edition. Not in the Universal Monsters series but also Sideshow I also have Outer Limits:Sixth Finger/Gwyllm Griffiths, Helosian and Andro Box Set OBIT Man Who Was Never Born, Keeper of The Purple Twilight 2-Pack, Ebonite Interrogator, and from Twilight Zone I have The Gremlin and Kanamit. I also have 2 Planet of the Apes figures as well, will probably be a while to finish that series too.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

I love the Sideshow 12" monsters, I wish they were still making them. I still need a Creech, too bad he's one of the pricier ones. Out of the ones I have, my favourites are the Metaluna Mutant and Mole Man.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎