Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finestcomics
    • Feb 9, 2012

Glad to hear about the outcome Brian.

I posted your letter on two message boards I frequent. On one of them, I got a PM from a fellow collection who is a lawyer suggesting the situation you were in was actionable - sure enough, friends of his have a class-action suit against PayPal "frozen funds":

Big PayPal changes ahead: Frozen fund process to gain transparency

Comment

• finestcomics
      • Feb 9, 2012

Oh, and in case anyone misses it, the first comment in the post pretty much sums up why these changes are happening:

They are only making changes now because of a class-action suit that was filed against them by Girard Gibbs Law Firm because paypal has this notion they can violate the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) and disregard every other law on the books all in the name of profits. They were sadly mistaken hence the changes.

Comment

• megoapesnut
        The name says it all!
        • Dec 3, 2007

Looking past the paypal debacle, this is such a sad snapshot of the world we live in. So many lazy people who have decided that they would rather scam others out of their money, than work an honest job to make a living. Glad this worked out for you Brian.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Good for you.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

It's a disgrace you had to go through all of this to get your account unlocked, so sorry this had to happen to such a great guy
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎