Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN ACTION/Phantom * UPDATES* (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Looking forward to these figures. I'm late commenting here but be it known, I'll be supporting you when these come to pass.

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

they look good. good job.

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Hulk
        Dave, how about pricing? Will it be competitive with the EMCE figures? Less? Double? Case discounts, etc?
        Competitive is a great way to put it... honestly, maybe a little higher, we'll know better here soon, and you guys will know when we do. What we do know is that we want to bring out a high quality 8 inch figure, that's close to original but with some subtle improvements. Our focus is on what we would want as collectors... As for case discounts and such, it's not out of the question Paul, I just don't want to make any promise that we wouldn't be able to honor later...

-Dave

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Hey Dave...question: Will You also sell nude Bodie's seperately, for Us Customizers? It would be a shame to dissmantle a complete Figure, just for the Body.
          sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
            Hey Dave...question: Will You also sell nude Bodie's seperately, for Us Customizers? It would be a shame to dissmantle a complete Figure, just for the Body.
            Dane, Yep that's the plan, but nothing is in stone yet, price, colors, individual components etc... We have a many cool items along with the body just for you/us customizers! I can't wait to post those PIX!

-Dave

Comment

• Captain_Mego
              Vet.
              • May 22, 2007

Wozers Dave thats really cool man. I cant wait to get one . I think you guys did a Outsatnding job dude. congrats on a Job well done fellas.

Comment

• REMOVED
                • Apr 19, 2024

Excited about the figures Dave but also about the bodies. Will you make a female body? And do you have any rought timeline in mind for releasing the bodies?

Comment

• Type3Toys
                  Home Of The Type3 Body
                  • Jan 18, 2005

Dave/Jason & Grew, I cant wait for these to come out! Having talked to Charlee, I know how bad he wanted the Phantom to come out and to hear Cory has his finger prints on the sulpt as well is even more exciting. I was a HUGE fan of the monsters you guys released and look forward to hanging a set of these CA figures on the wall right next to them!
                  LOOK
                  Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                  For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                  To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by polyester
                    Excited about the figures Dave but also about the bodies. Will you make a female body? And do you have any rought timeline in mind for releasing the bodies?
                    Like I said to T-Bolt, we'd love to have a more modern female body and it would expand our offerings quite a bit. At this point it's just on the list of things we'd like to do...

The bodies will have to be made so the figures can be produced, so since they are the first step, we should be able to offer them at launch or maybe a bit before. I hate to be so vague, but we do not want to create an expectation only to slip on time later. When the factory comes back from tbe Chinese New Year holiday, we will be able to get a better handle on their progress and make a better estimation on delivery...

Thanks for being excited guys and gals! these questions and positive responses keep us stoked!

-Dave

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                      Dave/Jason & Grew, I cant wait for these to come out! Having talked to Charlee, I know how bad he wanted the Phantom to come out and to hear Cory has his finger prints on the sulpt as well is even more exciting. I was a HUGE fan of the monsters you guys released and look forward to hanging a set of these CA figures on the wall right next to them!
                      Yea John, Charlee has been integral to the Phantom, we were able to salvage some of FlattWorld's work for these new figures. Charlee himself is just an extremely cool guy and it's been a real honor to work with him. Cory's Phantom Sculpt was great! But, Charlee did... well what he does best, and the results were; he took the sculpt from great to Super Fantastic! The end result as you can see is Spectacular!

Working with talented members here and in the MEGO community has been one of the greatest parts to these two projects... I sure hope we can continue to do that on newer projects as well, nothing is better to us than to work with people we respect and admire...

-D

Comment

• K
                        Fun Will Now Commence
                        • Jun 20, 2001

Gorgeous! I like the body and suit detail a lot! BRAVO!

Please keep us posted!
                        I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• cptaction
                          • Nov 15, 2007

Captain Action Splash at NY Comicon!

Hey gang,

We are planning a big splash this April at the NY Comicon to introduce CA back into the comics as well as the collectibles arena. We will have comics, prototypes and all kinds of fun stuff at our booth and we will also be holding the first ever Captain Action panel, so if you are going to the con, be sure to stop by to say hi to me and my partner Ed Catto! Here's a look at our full page ad which will be featured in the convention program: http://www.geocities.com/cptaction@v...t/NYCCadSm.jpg

Regards,
                          Joe Ahearn
                          http://www.captainactionnow.com
                          Last edited by cptaction; Feb 16, '08, 5:57 PM.

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I didn't know Ed Catto was involved, he gave me an amazing former mego employee lead once, really nice guy.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• David Lee
                                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                                I didn't know Ed Catto was involved, he gave me an amazing former mego employee lead once, really nice guy.
                                Doesn't surprise me, Ed and Joe are both stellar to work with... If any of yous guys are planning on making the NY COMIC-CON, you should definitely stop by and check these guys out, they have a lot of cool stuff in the works... and If things go as planned (remember this is CHINA we're talking about), you should get a nice sneak peak at the new figures at their booth!

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎