Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAPTAIN ACTION/Phantom * UPDATES* (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

I can't wait for the Phantom. Sweet.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Awesome guys, very impressive and very exciting, especially with the new EMCE Khan figure being just announced. 2008 is gonna be one of the most exciting years in Mego history since the demise of Mego itself
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Looks Fantastic So far. Those head Sculpts are outstanding. Love the Bearded guy.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Wow Dave...really COOL Stuff! This might sound weird...but can We see Pic's of the Body nude? Is it the Prototype You showed Us once before? The Customizer in Me really needs to know!

Thanks, Dane
          sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
            Wow Dave...really COOL Stuff! This might sound weird...but can We see Pic's of the Body nude? Is it the Prototype You showed Us once before? The Customizer in Me really needs to know!

Thanks, Dane
            Dane this will be basically a Type 2 with swivel biceps and gripping hands, not much more than an updated Type 2, very MEGO. But we will surely post pix when we get them...

But for the customizer, we have some nice goodies to spring on ya in due time We only have rough shots from the factory now, so we will wait fir actual samples in hand to post on these...

-Dave

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks for the reply Dave...I'm really looking forward to Them!
              sigpic

Comment

• JDeRouen
                Author of Small Things
                • Jun 14, 2001

Very cool. Can't wait to see them in person!
                --
                Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

They look great! I'm happy that the Phantom will be his own figure instead of having to dress Captain Action up in a Phantom costume and two-piece mask.
                  Scott

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by David Lee
                    Well Fellas as promised here are some exclusive sneak peeks!
                    Neat! Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to seeing the completed figures.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Action Martin
                      They look great! I'm happy that the Phantom will be his own figure instead of having to dress Captain Action up in a Phantom costume and two-piece mask.
                      Well ya get the best of both worlds... the Phantom AND CA as the Phantom

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

OMIGOD. I will own five of each. I just hope these are going to be on retail shelves at some point. I think they would sell. I truly do.
                        Awesome work guys. You've hit the mark and it's obvious you heard what we were saying about quality. This is a home run!!!!

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 10, 2004

Thanks for the support guys. Special thanks to all of the people who have been helping us along the way. Being a captain action colletor myself, I'm stoked to see this stuff coming together. Stay tuned we have much more being made as we speak.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Congrats guys. Big things happening in the 8" world. I love the Phantom sculpt. To me, it has a kind of Troy younger feel to it, and that's a good thing. I always like the Phantom sculpt on Notdolls, but I like this one even better. I have to ask - will the heads be vinyl? If you answered this already, sorry for missing it.

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by stevemoore
                              Congrats guys. Big things happening in the 8" world. I love the Phantom sculpt. To me, it has a kind of Troy younger feel to it, and that's a good thing. I always like the Phantom sculpt on Notdolls, but I like this one even better. I have to ask - will the heads be vinyl? If you answered this already, sorry for missing it.
                              Thanks Steve-o! yup 100 % vinyl rotocast goodness Captain Action as well, Dr. Evil's masks will be removable vinyl too.

-Dave

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by David Lee
                                Thanks Steve-o! yup 100 % vinyl rotocast goodness Captain Action as well, Dr. Evil's masks will be removable vinyl too.

-Dave

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎