X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Any Modern Toy Acquisitions?

What are some modern toys that you've actually gone out and bought? It's not too often that I buy the modern stuff but every once in a while I pick something up.

I found a Metaluna Mutant by Diamond Select Toys at TRU. I actually bought it for my brother-in-law as he bought me the Sideshow version a few years back, but once I had it at home, I couldn't part with it and bought him something else instead (Walking Dead figures).

Also found a Funko Mars Attacks bobblehead at HMV for $12. I had just bought the Mars Attacks 50th anniversary book at the bookstore, so I thought they'd go nicely together.
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I bought a Bunch of 1/6th Military Crap ...., and Kitbashed a RAH G.I. Joe RoadBlock , Complete with Orange Pants And Everything.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Byrnes
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2011

Walgreens is stocking a pretty good amount of GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra figs right now. I am always picking those up when I see them. Got a Jungle B.A.T. yesterday. And Blowtorch, Steel Brigade and Cobra Trooper last week when it was buy one get one 50% off. I cringe at most of the stuff I see today. I wish it was like the old days when I wanted every figure on the pegs. Nowadays it a miracle if I get excited by one. And I have to have the worst Toys R Us in the world by my house. They NEVER have any action figures.
      WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• torgospizza
        Theocrat of Pan Tang
        • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
        I found a Metaluna Mutant by Diamond Select Toys at TRU. I actually bought it for my brother-in-law as he bought me the Sideshow version a few years back, but once I had it at home, I couldn't part with it...
        Isn't that a great figure? I have him, Bandai's Classic Lion-O, and DC Direct's Superman as Nightwing all standing here by my monitor. I like looking at that figure--it's got personality.

Comment

• MightyMegs
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 5, 2009

I got the Star Wars MTT for Christmas.

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

I usually have tons of new figures on my want list, but I have very limited money so I'm hoping they'll be plentiful and affordable in the future. Unfortunately that bites me in the butt sometimes when there's less stock than collectors.
            Usually I just spend money on really rare things or once-in-a-lifetime deals. I wish I could buy new more often.

Speaking of deals though, I usually get to scoop up something quite affordable at a Paniks clearance.
            Each of these were like $5-$6 each! Could not pass up.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Recently picked up a few more of Hasbro's Marvel Universe 3.75 inch range, plus some Bandai Thundercats.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Byrnes
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 19, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                Recently picked up a few more of Hasbro's Marvel Universe 3.75 inch range, plus some Bandai Thundercats.

I also picked up some MU Stuff yesterday at TRU. Had the Juggernaut and Thanos figs along with several others(Wolverine X-Force, Iron Sider Man). They seem old, say from 2009 and 2010 on back. I don't know anything about them other then they seem cool.

Also grabbed the Target Sith 3 pack with Nightsister(?) Robatic legs Darth Maul and other Sith dude. On sale for $10.
                WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• MightyMegs
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 5, 2009

Comment

• torgospizza
                    Theocrat of Pan Tang
                    • Aug 19, 2010

I picked up the Lego The Hobbit "Riddles for the Ring" set a couple days ago. It's pretty fun.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                      • Jan 22, 2008

Originally posted by Splitty
                      Speaking of deals though, I usually get to scoop up something quite affordable at a Paniks clearance.
                      Each of these were like $5-$6 each! Could not pass up.
                      I woulda been all over that sleestak and Saucerman figure. I'm really surprised nobody's done them right in proper action figure format too.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

I also picked up some MU Stuff yesterday at TRU. Had the Juggernaut and Thanos figs along with several others(Wolverine X-Force, Iron Sider Man). They seem old, say from 2009 and 2010 on back. I don't know anything about them other then they seem cool.
                        Yeah, Juggernaut and Thanos are from earlier waves... that was a good score as those figures are getting rarer in their single pack editions.

Picked up Blastaar the other week. Same body type as Juggernaut and Thanos. Great figure. The new Hulk sculpt is also one of the best figures so far.

There's also a great new Rhino sculpt due this Spring.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• dee T.
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 25, 2012

Legos - not for me specifically though, I bought it for my little boy who's crazy about them. I bought him a lego "Hobbit" set yesterday.
                          Clothes make the doll

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

I just gotta DX Bale Batman ...
                            That Thing is Frick'in Crazy...., The Head sits on a Metal Magent , which allows it to Rotate. Sorta neat.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎