X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
    Actually Dave did not have anything to do with Khan's jumpsuit. I asked Dave, but he was busy with real life, and I had to get the prototypes out to China and DST before
    the end of October, so I made the jumpsuit - which explains the lack of sophistication.

Damn the timing of my arm surgery! I just couldn't help out on this one although I would have, under other circumstances certainly helped out.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Exclusives are very common in today's specialty toy market, and have basically become a necessary evil. DST has already had many exclusives with their Star Trek line (SDCC, Musicland, AFX, EE, NewForce, etc etc) and none of them have created a "frenzy" or been particularly hard to get. I'm taking the optimistic route and thinking Khan will be likewise.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

I don't even like Trek that much, but I have to admit I'm very excited for the Khan figure and the possibilities it foreshadows for EMCE. Congrats to everyone involved!

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

About the FX Greatest American Hero

You're putting the cart before the horse regarding the FX Greatest American Hero.

Just to let you know - I delivered all 500 FX GAH figures to Mike Herz with the understanding that I would buy back 25 at the $40 full retail price to
          help him out since he was only allowed to sell them for 3 days. I told
          my wife that I would try to buy as many as possible if Mike got stuck
          with too many leftovers.

He had done an exclusive Dracula and Frankenstein with CTV two years before, and was still unable to sell more than 200 of them. He finally
          gave away the other 800 figures to local kids on Halloween, so he
          feared a repeat of that.

I got my 25 GAHs and went to visit Disney for a week. That Sunday
          night after the show, I saw prices to crazy on ebay. I didn't sell any
          until I got home a week later. I only have 5 left, so forgive me if I am
          holding out for $300. I'm willing to wait 10-20 years.

BTW - I asked Mike to go back to Cannell to discuss a real
          license, but he never did so. Now it is in more capable hands.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

This is great news for Star Trek fans. Now I hope that the Planet of the Apes line can get some new figures mingled in with the classic Mego POTA figures.
            Scott

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Whoa! Wicked cool!
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

Sorry I'm late in posting, but; congratulations Doc and everyone involved in this! I know my wife will want one! (even though I got her DaveMC's Kahn head a while back, waiting now to be customized... The sculpt is amazing.)

The first genuine new 8" Megos* in 25+ years - now THAT's an achievement. Even Hal back on packaging art!

Too cool!

[* Palisades' Time Traveler Medic gets first 3 & 3/4 Mego" in 25+ years, I think. ]
                Last edited by AcroRay; Feb 6, '08, 10:02 PM.
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Hamonrye
                  • Jan 4, 2008

It's taking me awhile to process just how much of a game-changer this is. Hail to the saviors of Mego!

Comment

• David Lee
                    The Fix-it-up Chappie
                    • Jun 10, 2002

NICE! Congratulations to all involved! NEW FIGURES!!!!! Kudos to you friends... and for it to be James Brady's sculpt is just perfect...

Way to go!

-Dave

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 10, 2004

Great job. Can't wait to get a new Trek figure in my mitts.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by drmego
                        You're putting the cart before the horse regarding the FX Greatest American Hero.

Just to let you know - I delivered all 500 FX GAH figures to Mike Herz with the understanding that I would buy back 25 at the $40 full retail price to
                        help him out since he was only allowed to sell them for 3 days. I told
                        my wife that I would try to buy as many as possible if Mike got stuck
                        with too many leftovers.

He had done an exclusive Dracula and Frankenstein with CTV two years before, and was still unable to sell more than 200 of them. He finally
                        gave away the other 800 figures to local kids on Halloween, so he
                        feared a repeat of that.

I got my 25 GAHs and went to visit Disney for a week. That Sunday
                        night after the show, I saw prices to crazy on ebay. I didn't sell any
                        until I got home a week later. I only have 5 left, so forgive me if I am
                        holding out for $300. I'm willing to wait 10-20 years.

BTW - I asked Mike to go back to Cannell to discuss a real
                        license, but he never did so. Now it is in more capable hands.
                        Ok, I guess we're in the same boat then. Would you like to swap one for an original Romulan hmmn, nevermind.

Comment

• dumbldor
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 9, 2002

Congratulations to Paul and EMCE toys, and thank you for giving the community what it has most been seeking. I apologize for not being a believer along the way that new original figures would be produced. Kudos to all involved.

Comment

• megoscott
                            Founding Partner
                            • Nov 17, 2006

By the way, getting Hal Shull to do package art for this is a truly brilliant marketing move---keeping it as close to the original source as possible---but it's also a great way to honor a real Mego legend. Good job, Paul and EMCE.
                            This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Doc.......I'm still going to pressure You to anwser My question.

"Is the Head just a Resin Cast for show as the Prototype? Will the final Head be soft(Rotocast)"??
                              sigpic

Comment

• roman
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 25, 2003

Boss the plane the plane !

Oh I know the Trekkies will be seething over this comment....

If I add a CTVT white suit .. it's Mr Roark. " Welcome to Fantasy Island"

Smiles everyone , smiles ....

Sorry I had to ....

I am not into Star Trek but let me say to the good Doctor the PHD of Mego U. himself ... Dr Paul Clarke... You are the the Mego King.

How the hell did you manage to keep quiet on this? Just like our C.A. team you have managed a major KOO. I have to admit that it is great to see a brand new charcater added to a Mego line. And to have all the old Mego folks on board with you is beyond impressive.

For all the Trekkies I hope you do add the Russian and Asian guys. I do believe they were unfairly missing from the original issue by Mego. I also hope that the powers that be make these affordable to all as well.

Great work Dr Mego!

I am a bit curious as to the Horror figures you have om tap but YOu left me with a conundrum. YOu mentioned the licensing from Stephen J. Canal. Might this mean we can see Ralph H. again? Might this mean The A-Team, Magnum P.I ?

I am not sure what other shows Canal did, sorry. I always confuse his ending of pulling the paper from the type writer with the old line " Sit UBU sit, good dog"...

I sit here with wallet in hand brother....

Kudos to you and all of you guys in keeping this alive and making the internet something awesome.

Rob
                                Last edited by roman; Feb 7, '08, 2:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎