Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Great News! And with a new Star Trek Movie coming out this December.
    How about that?!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Well, I guess I have to eat my words...I will be supporting EMCE again. Now I gotta see if I can still order wave 4 through my comic guy. Congrats to EMCE for making this happen. Now, my only question is will I be able to get my hands on these exclusives through Diamond/my comic guy??? I want that Kahn figure...

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Looks great,I really dig the Khaaaan character
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Big News Guys. Congrats to everyone involved. Wonder if he'll come with a red phaser and communicator? So Mego. I will so support this one and all others to follow. I'm really impressed that Harold Shull is drawing the artwork for the new figures. That is beyond cool.
          Last edited by ScottA; Feb 6, '08, 12:18 AM.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

I can't even begin to express my excitement! James' Trek customs mass produced? A new line of monsters? I'm all a-tingle!

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
              Actually Paul, I didn't know about those offers - more interesting things to discuss with Diamond at Toy Fair. They may be annoyed at you for talking out of turn - but what
              are they going to do about it.

I'm glad to hear that they are interested in continuing the series - even if the information does come from someone else.
              I took their solicitation as a good thing, and hopefully they won't be mad at me for sharing the fact that they are actively listening to their dealers and gaging their interest in expanding the line. I only wish I had deeper pockets and more time (or just bigger balls) in order to follow through in something like this. If they had been able to split the 3000 between the two, which I did ask, I very well might have been in the exclusive Trek figure business. For now though, I will likely just put on my collector hat and buy me a case or two of Khan's, knowing that the people who ordered these have a whole lot of them to sell. I want more!

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

I'm thrilled at the idea that original new figures will be available. But after reading this at DST site [Available exclusively through Hastings and Planet X stores, this limited figure...] it makes me start to wonder. I really do hope this is not a short run chase figure that will take the place of the authentically historically valuable (as Stan Lee would put it, "Why? because it's rare!")Romulan figure which has now been produced in high volume, thus cutting it's value in half. If you go the distance to eliminate rare collectibles by re-releasing them, please don't create your own rare collectibles to put on your site for $300 a pop. That to me, doesn't seem right.

...But that being said I AM excited about seeing new Mego esque figures.
                Last edited by hobub; Feb 6, '08, 1:24 AM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

That is a true thing of beauty, and I can NOT wait to get my hands on one.

I am concerned about the availability though, what with neither of those stores near me.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker

I am concerned about the availability though, what with neither of those stores near me.
                    Exactly!

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

This.....quite possiblly.....is THE GREATEST NEWS IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!
                      ....Well, ok, maybe not the whole history, but its still big.

Congrats Doc!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a case or two?
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker

How do you think I feel?
                        I hope our two CTVT/EMCE dealers will both carry these?
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I can see this becoming a pain in the posterior with the exclusives. Doesn't Diamond have confidence in the line, especially new characters?? Khan seems like one that would have a lot of both Trek and Mego fan interest.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• DocDrako
                            Formerly Doc Drako
                            • Nov 11, 2004

Great announcement! But now I gotta change my pants.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

in my overall excitement at this figure's official release, I failed to give credit where credit is due- DaveMC. Dave designed the pattern for that suit, except his was a wee bit more detailed.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

Actually Dave did not have anything to do with Khan's jumpsuit. I asked Dave, but he was busy with real life, and I had to get the prototypes out to China and DST before
                                the end of October, so I made the jumpsuit - which explains the lack of sophistication.
                                www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎