• Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Message from my partner Joe

Joe wasn't able to remember his password to the Museum, so he asked me
    to post this for him.

"We've long awaited this day and due to certain restraints we have been unable to make any announcements. The head was sculpted by James Brady, who we are proud to work with and will hopefully be with us to produce other projects. We are currently in possession of several other sculpts by him on projects we hope to announce very shortly. Despite Diamond's policy of not promoting individual sculptors, we want it to be known that James made this head happen.

I'd also like to point out that several key elements make this a proud acheivement for us at EMCE. Not only has James sculpted an awesome likeness for a licensed Star Trek figure, the packaging will also feature new illustrations by Mego illustrator Harold Shull among the other original character illustrations from the classic packaging (and I will take a big risk and say, "some other new ones as well"). Add the Abrams' family's input and blessing and we have something of great importance here:

THE FIRST NEW MEGO PRODUCED SINCE THE COMPANY CLOSED IN THE 1980S.

There. It's done. The Mego toy line has been ressurrected in everything but name, and that is only due to the legal inability to brand any toy company "Mego" or you know we surely would have licensed that from the Abramses as well.

This will not be the last new Mego, either. We will announce more when it's either appropriate (or allowed, depending on the licensing relationship).

As a fan of horror films, I'm dying to announce our next line of figures, but we're just a few days away from doting our i's and crossing our t's. Hopefully you'll all appreciate that line, because they're figures I'VE personally wanted since I was a kid.

As for other classic Mego reproductions and/or extensions to those lines, yes, you can assume that we are talking to all necessary parties and navigating the complicated waters. The toy biz is certainly tougher than it was in the '70s and this stuff just doesn't happen overnight.

Paul will continue to keep you all abreast of our activities and by now I hope you all know that he has ben working tirelessly to live the dream of Bringing Mego Back."
    Last edited by drmego; Feb 19, '08, 7:32 AM.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

Beautiful! Where do I go to pre-order 10.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by txteach
        Beautiful! Where do I go to pre-order 10.

YES! I don't have either of those Stores anywhere near Me...can We order Them online????????
        sigpic

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

What is the website for Hastings?

I found a video store called http://www.gohastings.com

As for Planet X - I found a video game store in Miami at the Dolphin Mall
          with that name and an "e-planetx" with two stores in Canada.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

The stores are actually called "Planet X" here only the website has that "e" in front of it.

If it is that Planet X, I'll gladly grab as many as folks need, I'm 20 minutes from one of their locations.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

well, this is totally awesome news. whatever store they land in...somebody has to help me get one.

Comment

• shellhead
                museum rustpot
                • Mar 1, 2007

This is awesome news! It should be in mego buzz !
                Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• Hotfoot
                  Dazed and Confused
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Any body notice the Amok Time Kirk/Spock 2 pack?

(Or am I late in noticing it?!)
                  Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

WOW !!! This IS Fantastic News Doc. Take a bow Bro,.. Big thanks, This is seriously Huge for you.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Congrats Doc and James! That is a perfect Mego Kahn there. Well, actually it's better than what Mego would have done, given what they did with the Gorn and such.

I do wonder why Diamond made this of all figures an exclusive figure at some fairly obscure retailers. But I dont' want to rain on anyone's parade. This is exciting news indeed!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

I emailed Rick at NewForce Comics, and he said this exclusive was originally his, but he "lost" it. He didn't go into details.

Regardless, he expects to be able to buy a substantial amount wholesale, and then offer them to his customers..

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

AWESOME!!!!

Even though they are store exclusives - will you be able to order them on Diamonds website????

-and by the way I feel a little like Lois Lane - I got the scoop on Kahn.

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Very cool. As I alluded to in an earlier thread, I was offered to be the exclusive North American dealer for Nurse Chapel and Yeoman Rand, likely because I had expressed great desire to see these figures. Unfortunately, the economics were not workable for me due to my limited distribution (basically me and my wife shipping orders from my dining room). I hope Doc doesn't mind, but the minimum order for either of those were 3000 units. That was just too much for me to handle. I am hoping that more dealers with deeper pockets will step up and make more new figures happen. Basically if people are willing to assume the risk, Diamond looks more than happy to oblige.

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                              These exclusives won't be limited runs that are twice as expensive, will they?
                              I imagine the pricing will be up to the dealers, but I would expect them to be more expensive than the others for exactly that reason. Limited run with another middleman. As I mentioned in my thread above, the cost to me would have been somewhat similar (a bit higher), but I would have had to sell them all myself, or redistribute to other dealers, which always adds some cost. If I had to guess, or price them myself, I'd aim for $25 - $30 a figure, which ain't bad if you don't have to buy a replica of a common mego to get them.

Comment

• drmego
                                EMCE Toys
                                • Jun 15, 2001

Actually Paul, I didn't know about those offers - more interesting things to discuss with Diamond at Toy Fair. They may be annoyed at you for talking out of turn - but what
                                are they going to do about it.

I'm glad to hear that they are interested in continuing the series - even if the information does come from someone else.
                                www.drmego.com
                                www.megoman.com
                                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎