Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

I love when you guys talk Butcher to me! Stuff of my dreams. I held one once about twenty years ago that was steamed and replacement cover removed by hand back in the day when the news first hit the Beatles fan network. Still such a crazy idea to even fathom happening . . . . cut up some dollies and wear meat smocks?! Who wrote the script for that photo shoot, because surely there had to be at least a modicum of planning to pull off that image.

Lawrence, you buy a dozen dolls and rip them apart.
    Sally, you pick up some fake blood.
    Thomas, you're in charge of getting some white coats like doctors or butchers might wear.

. . . .and so on . . . .

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

Here's my haul from the Eternal Con in New York last weekend. Most I've spent on stuff for myself in a while. Prices were more than fair from most of the dealers present though like any show there were some that were gonna lug a lot of stuff home with them. T-Cats were from a toy sellers personal collection. They are just off the card mint and probably the nicest I've ever seen in all my years. Pretty much completes my collection. Blackhawk GI Joe was a nice one too. Not into 12 inch that much but the price was right.

econ_haul.jpg
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by mikeMc5
        Oh the tears that were shed tonight! Thank you Blue Meanie but I promised my wife the profits will go to household bills! Sob! To think I could have traded this $2 garage sale find for an alter ego! Check out my epic long listing on ebay. I'm littleovercoat of Vancouver WA. Type in Beatles Butcher stereo and you should find it. I already declined a $1000 offer, hope I don't screw this up. Our family van is unexpectedly in the shop!

I truly was devastated that I couldn't trade. My goal is to find my fourth, yes fourth!, butcher album and get it in your hands Mr. Meanie!
        No problem at all. Family comes first before ANYTHING. I'm glad that you got what you wanted in your auction. Congrats on that. You have good taste in music. Those Chet Baker LP's in your other auctions are really nice. I have a butcher already...but it is not even near the condition of the one you had. That was a sweet piece. And a STEREO one to add to it. Gonna have to start checkin' garage sales around here. Your Butcher score is probably the best I've seen. Congrats.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by megocrazy
          Here's my haul from the Eternal Con in New York last weekend. Most I've spent on stuff for myself in a while. Prices were more than fair from most of the dealers present though like any show there were some that were gonna lug a lot of stuff home with them. T-Cats were from a toy sellers personal collection. They are just off the card mint and probably the nicest I've ever seen in all my years. Pretty much completes my collection. Blackhawk GI Joe was a nice one too. Not into 12 inch that much but the price was right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6331[/ATTACH]
          Chuck showed me these and I was stunned at how clean the Thundercats were. Thanks Chuck for showing me where you found the Blackhawk...had to get one of those myself.

Comment

• Den82
            Career Member
            • Jan 17, 2011

Who did you buy the games from? My friend who is a vendor in the same co-op I'm in also sells video games and had a table there.

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Den82
              Who did you buy the games from? My friend who is a vendor in the same co-op I'm in also sells video games and had a table there.
              No idea who he was. Got the Ultra Magnus from him too. He had some other boxed gaming consoles too. Nice guy but his prices were all over the board. Some stuff was a deal and other stuff was at prices I wish I could even come close to getting.

Comment

• Splitty
                Career Member
                • Jan 25, 2012

Woot! Stuff!

I've been too sick or it's been raining to go out much, but this is about the last month's worth (dunnies already posted ^-^)
                (Hand chair not included. I've had that forever)

Oh, I usually don't get big walker dolls for my own collection.
                I'm planning on re-purposing her as ...... MIDGET MONSTER!! ...mask and outfit to yet be decided. }:D
                Last edited by Splitty; Jun 20, '13, 11:26 PM. Reason: oop
                I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Neat stuff. That SW board game is a classic.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Splitty
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Neat stuff. That SW board game is a classic.
                    It totally is!! It's only missing one playing piece, a Han Solo & Chewbacca one (of course). It's in really nice condition too.

You know what makes me sad though? I scored the roaring 12" Peter Jackson King Kong for only $1, and the mom said she was selling it because her kids weren't into monster toys.
                    What what?! So sad that alot of kids just aren't that into monster toys as much anymore. Maybe if he had a built in screen in his chest, keypad, and wireless connection...
                    Last edited by Splitty; Jun 21, '13, 12:01 AM.
                    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Great Horvath find!
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• mikeMc6
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 24, 2012

By the way, your display area with the overhead light on that all blue background and stars dresser also blue and that glittery sparkly hand is amazing.
                        INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                        WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

• Splitty
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by mikeMc5
                          By the way, your display area with the overhead light on that all blue background and stars dresser also blue and that glittery sparkly hand is amazing.
                          Thankyou!! Ah man, I think I'm addicted to color and sparkles, and as I get older the problem only gets worse!
                          I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Splitty
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 25, 2012

I am so beside myself, you guys have no idea.

Yearly there's this GIANT Church rummage sale that takes an entire gym and all outside parking lot. You have to wait an HOUR before to get in early, stuff is overpriced, and there's always these old toy tag-teamers snatching vintage.

So I wasn't going to go this year (I haven't found anything worth it the last two), but instead I cut my sleep down to 5 hours, was there an hour early, and dangit, now I've found my most two favoritiest things of the year!! (I'm predicting)
                            Almost everything in the pic came from there, mostly .50 or .20 cents. A friggin' 2007 Madballs for .50! The Grinch was $3, and another Dor Mei Godzilla $2! (yes, my 5th one, they're all different!)

The two AWESOME things are a 1971 Mattel Squishies Witch for .20. I never thought I'd see one in person, as I refused to pay the $30-$80 ebay prices. It's STILL squishy!!!

and for $2 a mysterious super rare 80's Last Unicorn vinyl case with 17 rare Germany Lobby Cards, Poster, sticker and yellow print. You have no idea how much I love that movie, NO IDEA.
                            I'm guessing it s 80's date because of the old tacky aged blue gunk on the poster and yellow pic, and the case also had dust and old worn children's earrings inside, but I really have no idea. If anyone has any info about the case, let me know. I can't find any. Only a handfull of those Germany Lobby cards are found on ebay UK for like $13+. I ponder how these imports came to be in my un-hip town.

..anyways, I'm done blathering on.

But it did make for a new catch phrase I already hate myself for:
                            "If you don't go, you don't know".
                            Last edited by Splitty; Jun 27, '13, 5:05 PM.
                            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• megocrazy
                              Museum Trouble Maker
                              • Feb 18, 2007

Nice score on the Zilla. I've hit a couple of those too They sell well. I hit a beast like that Imperial Rhino this year. It's missing the saddle as was mine, but I was fortunate to find a loose one in my own flea market in a junk bin for $1. I like the pose on yours better. It's more intimidating than mine. Prices tend to be all over the board sometimes. They usually sell for around $25 complete but I've seen times when they've reached near $40.

I had a similar rummage sale experience a couple of years ago. Wasn't gonna go but did and hit a bunch of stuff. The best being a Don Adams (Get Smart) Electronic Detective game 100% complete and like new for a quarter. Hit close to $70 on ebay, a Tyco CJ6 jeep race set for $3 that went for $50 and not 1 but 2 vintage game lots. Both under $20 each. A very profitable outing to say the least. I'm not religious but I'll show up for a rummage sale.

Comment

• Rallygirl
                                Kitsch rules!
                                • May 31, 2008

Went out to a couple sales this morning. I came home with a 1973 Aurora Skittle Bingo game, a handful of old, choking hazard Weebles, some local t-shirts that are destined to become a quilt, and some kiddie bowling pins to use for games at Church. I am still trying to get Ed to let me go back for the 1977 Mustang II that I saw at a sale. I have a soft spot in my heart for the little runts. White on white wouldn't be my favorite choice of colors, but under four decades of dirt is a rust-free, all original car. Since most of them ended up as piles of rust, it is a good deal. So far, Ed doesn't think I need it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎