Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Splitty
    Career Member
    • Jan 25, 2012

2013 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

POSTS YOUR STUFFS!!

All you gooides you find locally, for funs. Show that amazing cheap deals still happen there! And make us all envious.

Thanks to 4NDR01D for reminding we need a spankin' new thread for this year.

I have no hauls to show yet, it's the first day. But everybody scramble and see who gets to break in the new year with the first drool-worthy haul!

Last edited by Splitty; Jan 13, '14, 8:38 PM.
    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Well, I picked up some Harry Potter Lego sets off a lady on Kajiji, but technically that was on NYE, so not really a true 2013 urban safari haul.
    I've got a couple things lined up for pick-up this week (Jimmy Page figure MIB for $10 and a MIB 100% complete Castle Grayskull for $85), hope to get them this weekend.

Comment

• Den82
      Career Member
      • Jan 17, 2011

I hope to find some good stuff this year. More selling and less buying for me too!

Although I must say, things have been VERY dry lately. I don't think I've made a good vintage toy score since October. I know the Holidays and it being winter is a factor, but I am looking at local Estate Sales up till March and I see NONE with toys.

I hope this is not the beginning of the end of finding nice toys out there. I said it before during dry spells like this and then BAM! Find a nice haul. But lately it's been very bad.

Comment

• convoy357
        Ranch Hand
        • Jul 30, 2012

The wife and I started out flea market rounds a little earlier this year. From January thru March we try to hit every indoor flea mkt and antique shop within reasonable driving distance. I don't usually find alot of vintage toys that are priced to sell, but did have some luck this trip:

The seller had this guy priced to move and had a 20% discount to boot! Box is excellent and the figure itself is minty and talks loud and clear!

Comment

• Red Hulk
          Career Member
          • Dec 19, 2012

Great find convoy357.

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

Stopped by Goodwill on my lunch hour today, and snagged this for $4. It's original; I believe it's painted in oil. I picked it up because it looks nice and obviously took a lot of work. As a bonus, I found that the artist - Marjorie Taylor - is a professional who sells work on-line and through galleries. I have only a vague idea of the value of the piece, which I'd put below $300. That doesn't really matter, though: it's going on my wall once framed.

100_0153.jpg

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

That's cool Duncan. I really need to broaden my horizons, I probably walked right past that.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

Nice find, Convoy!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Duncan
                  Museum focus-groupie
                  • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  That's cool Duncan. I really need to broaden my horizons, I probably walked right past that.
                  Yeah, after I read about the person who bought the Picasso print (litho? original?) worth a few grand from the thrift store in Clintonville, I make it a point to check out the artwork...though I usually don't know what I'm looking at.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

I find a lot of cool stuff, I'm going 3 times a week and it's been decent s far
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Splitty
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 25, 2012

You know, I'm kinda regretting not including ebay and web finds in the title.
                      Last edited by Splitty; Jan 13, '13, 7:37 PM.
                      I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• dee T.
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 25, 2012

Got this sweet bundle at a community city flea market. The Indian is an original 1973 Tonto figure. He was naked and broken when I brought him home. But as you can see from the picture he's OK and wearing some duds again. The Sir Galahad is from classic tv toys. He was only $5!!
                        Clothes make the doll

Comment

• spacecaps
                          Second Mouse
                          • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by Splitty
                          Why not post a separate thread for that...
                          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                            • Jan 22, 2008

I found these 1960's dime store vampire teeth.-Paid $10
                            sunday 014.jpg
                            Early American Bisque Cookie Jar-Paid $25 (easily worth at least 5 times that)
                            sunday 018.jpg
                            1963 Marx Nutty Mads "End Zone" in bright pink -$10
                            flea finds 002.jpg
                            Found this Lefton "Miss Priss" Knock-off cookie jar (the blue-ish cat on second shelf) for $17 and the blue "Miss Cutie Pie" set up above it for $50. The spice set portion alone is worth a couple hundred as it's a rarity only distributed in Canada. I'm sure everybody's thrilled to know that.
                            flea finds 015.jpg
                            Found this crazy spiky monster in a bag of mixed toys at a thrift for a few bucks. anybody have any info on him? (approx 4" tall)
                            flea finds 013.jpg

Comment

• convoy357
                              Ranch Hand
                              • Jul 30, 2012

Originally posted by Splitty
                              I think this way is better. If you included eBay and any on-line purchase, wouldn't that just be a general new purchase thread? I think most collectors now days get their items on-line. This way, it shows what can be found when you get away from the keyboard and out in the neighborhood. I think this thread is awesome just the way it is. I'll definately be posting more of my flea market scores here.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎