Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Since most of my wishes revolve around specific properties that will never happen, Id like to see a new customizable body that does not rely on elastic. Zica was thisclose to a perfect body to use. I'm sure version 2.0, whenever that happens, will be sweet.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Scousebadger
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
      I'd love to see less thread crappers constantly repeating their sad nerd rage over and over again. I can't believe the embarrasment of riches we have and how this tiny miinority just want it to fail so they can be right.
      I don't want anything to fail. I just want to see the 8" figure ranges and interest expand, and not gradually die off.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Scousebadger
        I don't want anything to fail. I just want to see the 8" figure ranges and interest expand, and not gradually die off.
        I think you'd be in the majority, I'm more or less mentioning a vocal few who think they need to repeat the same complaints ad nauseum to no apparent end.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• GordoCrisp
          Museum Super Collector
          • Nov 1, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Maskatron is a must for 2013 and I wish Retro Action DC makes a comeback.
          Yep!

Vision of Maskatron have been dancing in my head for a good while now! BBP knows their stuff.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I'd love to see Maskatron but I don't think it would ever happen.

I think Maskatron is probably owned by Mattel

Although a manbot who can change masks might be ok

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Scousebadger
              me neither, some lines have failed my expectations, tho. And I hope that the company has learned from its mistakes. Love the EMCE Monsters, NOTLD, Retro Heroes, Classic Trek and even Dark Shadows.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

As I've said elsewhere: Addams Family.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Giving this some mroe thought, I'd love to see someone step out there and create an original toy line and accesories, playsets and vehicles. We're talking a toy to be played with. You'd have a couple of hero characters, Action Jackson styled adventurers, maybe name one Jack Dagger and have some gear for him to purchase separately. Create a few villains and maybe a giant generic robot to fight. That's a huge risk for a toy line, but you wouldn't have to worry about lisencing fees or royalties. I know this will be shot down, but if I score a Powerball winning ticket you can bet I'll be doing the above.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

An Action Jackson remego (with villian) would be sweet.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      As I've said elsewhere: Addams Family.
                      and in black and white
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jonwes
                        Museum Patron
                        • Nov 17, 2011

BBC's Sherlock
                        Farscape
                        Blake's 7

Comment

• Scousebadger
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by Random Axe
                          Giving this some mroe thought, I'd love to see someone step out there and create an original toy line and accesories, playsets and vehicles. We're talking a toy to be played with. You'd have a couple of hero characters, Action Jackson styled adventurers, maybe name one Jack Dagger and have some gear for him to purchase separately. Create a few villains and maybe a giant generic robot to fight. That's a huge risk for a toy line, but you wouldn't have to worry about lisencing fees or royalties. I know this will be shot down, but if I score a Powerball winning ticket you can bet I'll be doing the above.
                          If anything I would have thought a toy company would love to have a product that doesn't rely on a niche market for sales (selling toys for kids to play with generally results in more sales than to collectors) and that they control 100% of.

The only problem with that in the UK is that parents don't appear to be buying bigger figures; for example, the Character Options Doctor Who line (which was a successful line a couple of years ago) is undergoing a scale change for series 7 - from 5.5" approx. in height to 3.75" as smaller scale figures appear to be selling better over here and retailers have been ordering fewer figures from the last couple of series' releases.

Playsets also don't appear to be selling; doesn't matter what the range is, larger playsets (from the Narnia movies, Harry Potter, Doctor Who) eventually have ended up in discount stores as they just don't shift in quantities retailers would want.

I blame the economic bust of 2007: a lot of stores either went under or have tightened their purse strings, and it would take a dead cert (and overwhelming consumer demand) to get retailers to invest in a new product.

I've just depressed myself.

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

i would love to see EMCE restart the planet of the apes line, redo the other six figures and new figures like ceaser,also,lisa,ceasers son cornelius,mutants etc.
                            however if EMCE chooses not to,perhaps bif bang pow with the EMCE bodies and all new sculpts .they can do all the older films,tv show,cartoon show,and
                            the 2 new movies .i would want Thad & Attar.and from rise-Ceaser.That would be so cool .

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

I would hope for more waves of Battlestar and whatever can come from 6MDM, (The dream would be for BBP to somehow negotiate the license to make a Bionic Woman). For Dr. Who, I'd like to see more Drs. coming out. From Diamond, I would like to see some more Treks either TNG or some ST Movie Retros.

I like the AJ-like figure idea. Would be fun if someone made new contemporary outfits for AJs.
                              It's all good!

Comment

• VintageMike
                                Permanent Member
                                • Dec 16, 2004

Given it's the 50 year anniversary I'd go for James Bond. However unlikely, it's just something I'd want to see.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎