X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Re-Mego wishes for 2013

Thought it would be fun for everyone to post their re-mego wishes for the new year!

I'd like to see BBP have a...less challenging year in 2013. 2012 (the latter half anyway) seemed to be full of unfortunate obstacles, from release dates being pushed back significantly due to customs issues, to the heartbreaking cancelation of upcoming TZ items due to alterations in the licensing agreement, to scale issues with the BSG & SMD lines. I love BBP and hope things go more smoothly for their licensed figures in the new year. I also wouldn't be mad at them if they announced a license acquisition for Charlie's Angels.

And with RA Super-heroes gone, and Trek & Monsters seemingly winding down, I still hope the new '66 Batman licensing deals means some retro-action love (preferably from Emce / Mattycollector) in 2013.

Happy new year, Mego lovers all!
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm looking forward to BBP's continuation of SMDM and BSG lines as well. With '66 Batman I'm going to be much more particular. Any company that puts one out, I want it to look GOOD. That means putting time into a great sculpt, the material, and make sure the outfit has the correct colors and a descent replica of the belt to boot. Why raise the standard on the Batman show and not on other series? Well because Batman has been done a zillion times as an action figure. And if you're like alot of long time collectors, you probably have a custom in your collection of West. So my hopes are the people who get the first crack at an "officially" licensed figure will apply the same consideration any of us would. If Zica was doing this, I would be ecstatic. His Adam West was AMAZING! But if Mattel or CTVT is doing it, I'll pass. If EMCE or BBP are doing it, I KNOW Batman/West will get the attention he deserves. So it just depends on who gets it. People have waited a long time for this, so I would suspect expectations will be high for a quality figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Maskatron is a must for 2013 and I wish Retro Action DC makes a comeback.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

Hopefully new retro superheroes, I just can't give up hope for them in the immediately future like many other members I'm hoping for an Adam West retro Batman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I hope to see some 66 Bat-love, too. If its BBP and they fail to get it right I will pass on it just like i did Steve Austin. They lost selling me the whole line based on the sculpt of Austin. Adam West needs to look like Adam West.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Apositive
            Career Member
            • Apr 3, 2011

Hoping for some Adam West Batman and some pleasant surprises of retro properties.

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              I hope to see some 66 Bat-love, too. If its BBP and they fail to get it right I will pass on it just like i did Steve Austin. They lost selling me the whole line based on the sculpt of Austin. Adam West needs to look like Adam West.
              Couldn't agree more!

Looking forward to more CTVT KISS as well
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

I'm ready to see the Marvel figures get the RETRO treatment. The Avengers, Spidey....etc. Lets go guys (snaps fingers)...make it happen. My power ball money has been spent elsewhere.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

I'd love to see retro Clash of the Titans figures: new and original version. ST: Into Darkness figures too, plus more Next Gen (Borg Queen, Locutus, Q, Romulans and updated Klingons). As well as an Adam West Batman, I'd KILL for a Julie Newmar Catwoman. Some iconic movie figures too: Yul Brynner's robot gunslinger from Westworld, Raquel Welch from 1 Million Years BC (HUBBA!!), maybe some James Bond....

Comment

• silveralex
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 22, 2012

Ooo.. Clash of the Titans ... nice!

That and Marvel would be excellent

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Hee Haw Mego's

Comment

• jackson5677
                        Banned
                        • Oct 19, 2008

MARVEL Retro figures would be Great (maybe a few Mego never made)......more monsters (nosferatu / London after Midnight....no more zombies).......more bands (Alice Cooper / Motley Crue / WASP)............MORE DC figures...........Re-release of The Greatest American Hero..........12" Retro Superheroes / Mego Style.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I'd love to see Diamond or BBP get the DC license for 8" figures away from Mattel. They've proven that they have no clue how to market these figures...or any true interest in them. The love that is evident in the RA line came from the EMCE side of the fence, obviously.

A well-done Batman 66 line would be a dream come true...and much more affordable than Hot Toys offerings will be.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Scousebadger
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by jackson5677
                            MARVEL Retro figures would be Great (maybe a few Mego never made)......more monsters (nosferatu / London after Midnight....no more zombies).......more bands (Alice Cooper / Motley Crue / WASP)............MORE DC figures...........Re-release of The Greatest American Hero..........12" Retro Superheroes / Mego Style.
                            Love to see Hammer retro action versions. I'd love to have a Lee Dracula and Cushing Van Helsing (original and 1972 version), Ingrid Pitt's Mircalla Karnstein, the Collinson twins (one good, one vamped out) Kronos, Valerie Leon's Mummy Princess, Oliver Reed werewolf, Johnny Alucard, and Baron Meinster.

That's for starters!

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I'd love to see less thread crappers constantly repeating their sad nerd rage over and over again. I can't believe the embarrasment of riches we have and how this tiny miinority just want it to fail so they can be right.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎