Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me there will be metal pins in the future.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Please tell me there will be metal pins in the future.

for the third time in a row I've had a Dr. Girlfriend pop at the pin at the top of her left leg. This is once again without play or anything. Just dropped off right out of the package,

While I know this series / assortment is wrapped, I do hope that future BBP figures will follow the CTVT route and upgrade the hip pins to metal ones. I'm sure there are some cost issues but at $20 a pop I can't see an extra $1 being that big a deal if it keeps the damn thing from breaking.

Also, why are the rubber bands folded in half? Could that be the problem. If so, just make more damn.
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Sorry about your issues. Contact us and we will absolutely send you a replacement. We haven't used the factory that made Dr. Girlfriend in about 3 years, so we hope / are confident that newer figures don't have that problem. But we appreciate your suggestion about metal pins. We will investigate.

Originally posted by jimsmegos
    for the third time in a row I've had a Dr. Girlfriend pop at the pin at the top of her left leg. This is once again without play or anything. Just dropped off right out of the package,

While I know this series / assortment is wrapped, I do hope that future BBP figures will follow the CTVT route and upgrade the hip pins to metal ones. I'm sure there are some cost issues but at $20 a pop I can't see an extra $1 being that big a deal if it keeps the damn thing from breaking.

Also, why are the rubber bands folded in half? Could that be the problem. If so, just make more damn.
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

Pardon my rant. I'm a huge fan if you haven't noticed but the Dr. Girlfriend pin issue just made me scream. Your customer service is always top flight and are already on top of the situation. I would still like to see what I believe would be a simple solution to the problem. Then again I'm not a toy maker just a fan who doesn't want a poor quality stigma hurting the longevity of the lines that are otherwise wonderful.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎