Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific Rim -Robots!-Monsters!-Guillermo Del Toro directing!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Pacific Rim -Robots!-Monsters!-Guillermo Del Toro directing!!

Like the official Facebook page for Pacific Rim updates https://www.facebook.com/PacificRimMovieUKFollow us on Twitter at @PacificRimUKThe Official Trailer f...

Looks like the type of movie that just might please a lot of different fan bases. I'm pretty excited, but.....I got really really excited for Cloverfield (which I enjoyed, but thought it lacked monster, there can never be enough monster), so I won't get my hopes up just yet. Anybody else excited for this?
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

This looks like the greatest movie ever made!
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Brazoo
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
      This looks like the greatest movie ever made!
      It's funny, because on paper (or whatever) it's inches away from "Battleship", which everyone hated...

...but yeah, I agree with you!

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>It's funny, because on paper (or whatever) it's inches away from "Battleship",

HAW! Never thought of that, but yeah.... 'Course I think that's 'cos both are pretty basic alien invasion films. The problem with Battleship is that you come in with WAY too much expectation; mostly that it's gonna blow 'cos they're really reaching for a tie-in. You'd have the same problem if they'd called this one "DDR: The Movie." (Which you TOTALLY could....)

MY only concern with this one is that they're gonna pretend there's a plot and spend WAY too much time on stuff like the arbitrary love story, or the inevitable "old guard passing the torch" plot, or how the daring young hero is a total screwup at the beginning but finally knuckes under to save the world....

Don C.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

I've watched the trailer like 10 times now and can't help but think about the rumours before Cloverfield came out- "I saw it, It's a lion, It's Huge".

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, the combo of GDT, Monsters and Robots is a can't miss.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brazoo
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by ctc
              >It's funny, because on paper (or whatever) it's inches away from "Battleship",

HAW! Never thought of that, but yeah.... 'Course I think that's 'cos both are pretty basic alien invasion films. The problem with Battleship is that you come in with WAY too much expectation; mostly that it's gonna blow 'cos they're really reaching for a tie-in. You'd have the same problem if they'd called this one "DDR: The Movie." (Which you TOTALLY could....)

MY only concern with this one is that they're gonna pretend there's a plot and spend WAY too much time on stuff like the arbitrary love story, or the inevitable "old guard passing the torch" plot, or how the daring young hero is a total screwup at the beginning but finally knuckes under to save the world....

Don C.

Yeah, the tie-in didn't help. I still haven't seen "Battleship", so I'm still not sure if it's a dumb fun movie or a dumb dumb movie. There's still a chance I might enjoy it for how ridiculous it is.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎