X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by YANOULI
    It's actually a woman who sculpted these, her name is Ada.

I've bought 3 of her heads so far ( one of which is Lee Majors ) and i am currently shrinking them to 8" scale but someone is ripping off her work and selling re-casts as their own, as a result she won't be selling many more on Ebay.
    Noted and corrected. (Thanks for the info)

Len

Comment

• YANOULI
      Part-Time Timelord
      • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
      What are the other two Heads You bought(and are shrinking)???
      Paul Newman and Robert Redford, for Butch and Sundance customs.
      I plan to get her Michael J Fox, Roger Moore and Daniel Craig next, not decided which others yet.

If anyone is interested i have a 1/6 Connery ( The Rock ) and 1/6 Michael Caine ( The Eagle has Landed ) that i'm planning to shrink.
      Last edited by YANOULI; Feb 5, '08, 9:55 AM.
      " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by YANOULI
        Roger Moore and Daniel Craig

Of the one's You mentioned...those are the two I'd buy!! I didn't see the Daniel Craig on Her Site...You got a Pic?
        sigpic

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

Bump

I got an email from Ada, asking me to check with you folks to see if we can get a bulk order in place for a certain celebrity. I mentioned Dave to her and she said she has capabilities of shrinking these herself. She said she wouldn't want to tackle the super hero line at this time because there are just too many. She asked that I also help her locate a mego body and head for sizing and such. (does anyone have a trashed figure they can donate?)

I told her that Lee Majors would certainly be one that I'd buy.

Even though she's hesitant to do Superhero stuff, I can certainly think of say,
          George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Adam West, etc. But we would likely all have to agree. I think she would only do this if it were profitable to her.

Could we take some kind of poll to see what figure we would want in a bulk shot?

Thoughts?
          Len

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

Wow. She is talented!!!! Is this the same person who did the Bill Bixby head a few months ago? I could donate a Type 2 vinatge body and head. Can you recommend what head to send her? Some are bigger than others. I have superhero heads and some TV charaters like Dukes and Star Trek. If she will sell us good quality heads I want to give her the right size to compare to.

I could think of a heck of a lot of actors I'd like to see done but also let's remember we could use more female characters too! Would she do actresses? I know the Mego female heads are different. I could send her a female body & head as well.

Comment

• hobub
              Ghost of a Dead Indian
              • Jun 18, 2001

Well, Being a fan of custom Megos, I just thought it would be a great idea to convince her to sculpt in 8" or as Hulk pointed out, at least shrink them down and cast them for sale. If someone is stealing her art and doing this, she may as well do it to profit from her own talent. This seems like it may turn into something larger than what I thought. I do believe she has to make some kind of profit to do work for us. She is a professional artist and sculptor. But my thoughts are, instead of paying say $200 for an original, perhaps we can get enough of us to buy requested items for a smaller fee, then she can do these in bulk runs and make profit. But we would probably have to make some sort of commitment at least to get her started.

I am definitely open to suggestions on how this can be handled to be an incentive to get her to do some. Please chime in if you think you can help and we should at least get one head agreed upon whether we pay up front or whatever is best.

This lady has great talent and I think it would be beneficial to recruit her abilities as much as we can.

John, I can email her for her address to have you ship the guinea pig mego over to her for sizing. BTW, I don't know if she is the one who did the Bixby but it certainly looked like the same style.

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

I got this email from her since I mentioned Lee Majors from the beginning.

[Dear Len,

Thank you for your help. If I can get 25 orders for the Lee Major, I can just charge US25 each included shipping.

Ada.]

Does that sound fair to you for a cast from the original sculptor?

I can put myself down as 1.

I need 24 more dedicated people to want one.

Len

Comment

• drwhofan74
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 19, 2005

She has mad skillz!
                  sigpic"Sorry for the noise. My pet cricket has restless leg syndrome."

Comment

• REMOVED
                    • Apr 19, 2024

Really talented sculptor...
                    Last edited by REMOVED; Feb 5, '08, 1:23 PM.

Comment

• supes
                      For the love of Mego's!
                      • Jan 19, 2004

I am in for one! Lee looks awesome!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

As much as I liked Six Million Dollar Man as a Kid...I'll pass on Lee Majors.

I'm still looking for a really GREAT Sean Connery as Bond Sculpt.

Plus...Roger Moore, Tom Hanks(Cpt.Miller), STAR TREK:Gary Mitchell.
                        sigpic

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by hobub
                          I got this email from her since I mentioned Lee Majors from the beginning.

[Dear Len,

Thank you for your help. If I can get 25 orders for the Lee Major, I can just charge US25 each included shipping.

Ada.]

Does that sound fair to you for a cast from the original sculptor?

I can put myself down as 1.

I need 24 more dedicated people to want one.

Len

i'll take a shrunken lee majors head as well! count me in!

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 6, 2006

Depending on the cost, I'd put in for a Christopher Reeve. The sculpt is amazing.

Comment

• YANOULI
                              Part-Time Timelord
                              • Jan 9, 2006

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Of the one's You mentioned...those are the two I'd buy!! I didn't see the Daniel Craig on Her Site...You got a Pic?

She has just listed a Bill Bixby today

As far as i can tell it's not the same sculpt that Georg ( mefiboschet ) shrank recently.
                              Last edited by YANOULI; Feb 5, '08, 5:21 PM.
                              " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

WOW!!!! That Craig is AWESOME!!!! Bond....James Bond!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎