• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatBatmanGuy
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by starbuk
    http://i13.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/c1/ab/8872_0.JPG
    I dunno I think maybe Lee's eyes aren't quite level ?
    Looks just like her source material to me .
    You may have something there.

Originally posted by ABMAC
    If a sculptor can get that much in that market good for them. In THIS market, $10-$15 per head is the going rate, and NOBODY is guaranteed twenty-five sales up front.

This lady's name isn't worth a cent to me. Let us know when she's hungry.
    It's not if; it's a fact. These are just a few of the sculptors I've spoken with: Sam Greenwell, Gabe Perna, Shawn Nagel, Randy Bowen, Jason Adams just to name a few. If you don't know them, they all at one time or another/still do work for DC Direct or Marvel and all freelance through their own companies. Not a single one of them would sculpt a mego size head for under $600. Now for someone like me to give them $600 for one head, re-sale at $10 apiece, well you do the math. But I know several mego dealers have paid those top dollars to some of them. Jason Adams is one and he sculpted about 25 heads for one dealer. Amazing stuff too.

Bob

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

Dear Len,

Thank you, but I do not think I will let someone else to cast my heads as I have my own factory and I can make production myself .

I bought the mego head in Ebay already to see the actual size of the head and the neck part. I think as soon as I have a better idea which celebrity I should make for this size, I am ready to go.

However, when I go into the megomuseum you send me, I saw most of the mego fans like super hero or cartoon character instead of the real likeness of celebrity (not like the 12" action figure fans). So I am not sure if this is the right direction to go or not or you guys just like super heros?

Ada.
      Last edited by hobub; Feb 6, '08, 12:19 AM. Reason: megomegomego

Comment

• movie-fan
        • Jan 2, 2008

That is a fantastic sculpt alright. I would agree with Hulk. If you can get them in the 12" scale, it would be easy enough to shrink it.
        Sorry, but I don't quite understand the process. I understand how a vinyl head can be shrunk based on the tutorial but all of Ada's heads are hard resin right? What am I missing?

Comment

• Mefiboschet
          Career Member
          • Nov 29, 2003

Originally posted by movie-fan
          Sorry, but I don't quite understand the process. I understand how a vinyl head can be shrunk based on the tutorial but all of Ada's heads are hard resin right? What am I missing?
          There are a number of ways to reduce or enlarge a head sculpt to a difference scale: Some use Hydrospan products, others a 3D scanner and model milling machine, others again use some other chemicals.

In any ogf these cases, the original resin head remains unchanged.

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

Here's many different 1/6 scale custom heads from the same seller id user name is diver4. I bought 1/6 scale Mel Gibson's head (Mad Max) with painted that looks awesome! (that's for my custom 12" Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior figure) Also, I got unpainted 1/6 scale Mad Max's head from him. He did great job on those custom heads! I'll ask him and see if he can shrink head to 8" scale head for my 8" custom Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior with "CHiPS" Jon's body. If you can shrink the head for me, send PM me thanks.

Diver4's Treasure Chest: 1/6 SCALE CUSTOM HEADS
            Last edited by Mr Mego; Feb 7, '08, 3:53 AM. Reason: edited the correct sentence
            Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Pat, this isn't the same sculptor as Diver4. And Dave Mc already has an agreement with Diver4 that he can shrink heads
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mr Mego
                Love to play with Megos
                • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                Pat, this isn't the same sculptor as Diver4. And Dave Mc already has an agreement with Diver4 that he can shrink heads
                I know that. I just helping our members what they're looking for.
                Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

I have contacted her, sent links to the site and to this thread. She can get a feel for what this is all about. However, I would suggest you email her with your thoughts if you want to see her do some shrinking of her current work that would be great. However, I agree that she should not need bulk orders up front if it is an existing sculpt. Just a little bit of toying to get them to mego scale and to fit the bodies. She is, however concerned that all we want around here are cartoony super hero figs. She seems worried about wasting time on something that will not sell. I suggested that if she were to do an Adam West, George Reeves or 1979 superman cast celebrities at some point, they may be perfect candidates for shrinking to 8" scale. We do like celebrity likenesses but for the most part pop culture icons. So feel free to share your thougts with her. She at least has an idea now, who we are.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I've already Emailed, Her telling Her I really want a Young Sean Connery as Bond...BADLY!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

I would definitely buy that Six Million Dollar Man head in Mego scale.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Wow, that is some impressive stuff. Sorry to hear she got ripped off on ebay. Something similiar happened to Austin and I think Russ, too.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Somebody should start an official Poll, We can vote on...I don't know how.
                          sigpic

Comment

• hobub
                            Ghost of a Dead Indian
                            • Jun 18, 2001

Check with Anthony or one of the other admins.
                            Last edited by hobub; Sep 21, '08, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                              MeGoing
                              • May 14, 2003

I'm sorry she got ripped on Ebay too. Some people just have no scruples. I would be prepared to pay $25 for a head if it was this high quality sculpt. If I am going to put the time and work into a custom, I want great materials. You get what you pay for.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                                I would be prepared to pay $25 for a head if it was this high quality sculpt. If I am going to put the time and work into a custom, I want great materials. You get what you pay for.

Exactly....She is a great Sculptor! I see a great Sculptor as someone who not only captures the Persons Features/likeness...but Their personallity(and expressions)as well. And for good quality...I will pay.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎