Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

I went through a couple of Big Jims when they came out in the 70's. I had the karate outfit for one, but I think that was it. He was a tweener for me. Too big for the Mego's, too small for GI Joe. And as Palitoy noted, mom's only had so much money to spread around. It is amazing how much better the line got when it went overseas, though.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I've been going through the process of completing my P.A.C.K collection and its been allot more work now than if I had jumped in about 10 or 15 years ago. Big Jim has got to be one of the most erratically priced product lines on the vintage market. Part of it feels like its driven by the foreign market where Jim had a longer life span and the other part are sellers not being able to distinguish a common item domestically from something more rare that was never sold in the states, so it all gets priced in together. Yet when I talk to local dealers they say the line is completely dead. There are so many different perspectives out there, the pricing is reflecting that broad spectrum of views, none of which seem to find a common middle ground. Its an odd one to nail down.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎