Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I've never seen a colour shot of her before. She was really lovely.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

First time I've ever seen that shot in color. Is it an actual color photograph, or was it recolored at some point?

Lanchester was actually pretty cute. Not a typical Hollywood beauty, but she had something about her. She's cute at the beginning of the flick as Mary Shelly.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Wasimhosen
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 23, 2011

I love the lip color. I wouldn't have thought that existed back then.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          First time I've ever seen that shot in color. Is it an actual color photograph, or was it recolored at some point?
          Apparently after more research, the photo above is digitally enhanced. The below photos are from Universal Files but since faded a bit.
          Last edited by SeattleEd; Dec 3, '12, 12:55 PM. Reason: New discovery

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

The color on these color photos seem to have faded. But they are color.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I'd love a Bride figure of how she actually looked. Even the Sideshow ones have the black hair and clown white skin. I don't know how well it be recieved though. People are so conditioned by years of the style guide Bride, they would probably be saying the doll sucks because she is pretty and has red hair.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Here is a cool sculpture from Mike Hill over at his site. Amazing.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

That sculpture is amazing, a great likeness. The Bride looks a lot better with this color scheme, if you ask me. A lot more subtle, creepy and beautiful at the same time.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    I'd love a Bride figure of how she actually looked. Even the Sideshow ones have the black hair and clown white skin. I don't know how well it be recieved though. People are so conditioned by years of the style guide Bride, they would probably be saying the doll sucks because she is pretty and has red hair.
                    The sideshow premium format Bride is auburn and pale, but not glossy white.
                    Somebody made a bobble head like that as well. Not sure if it was neca or bbp.
                    Tmnt did monsters with April as the bride and although she does have black hair, she at least has a pale flesh skin tone.

Comment

• bobws
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 13, 2008

Not a fan of this line , but these 2 figures i do want to get.
                      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I like the pale (but not white) look of the Hill sculpture as well.

If those second photos are indeed the real deal, that is interesting. Boris' makeup here is much more yellow than green. We've seen the home movies on the set of "Son" that clearly show a pale green monster. But I know they considered filming "Son" in color, and "Bride" was always to be B&W, so I guess the actual real color didn't matter, so long as he showed up pale and ghastly on screen.

EDITED TO ADD:

I just saw a thread over at UMA, where no less than Rick Baker was showcasing some of his paintings. He interprets the Bride as seen in the color photos posted in this thread. Obviously, Baker is a serious scholar of these characters, so if he says the Bride looks like this, I believe him!

Halloween Town is your home of Halloween Costumes and Accessories, Horror T-Shirts, Ex Mortis Stalkarounds, Halloween Haunted House props and Rob Zombie Merchandise

Chris
                        Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Dec 4, '12, 11:50 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

That Mike Hill statue is absolutely mind-blowing...I also like these colors better too...Her hair is more the correct color and her skin is a nice pale corpse white and not clown white (you can see pink tones and purple-ish/blue blood vessel tones in it, making it look more realistic). The yellowish eye whites is a nice touch too.

The first Bride photo SeattleEd posted is certainly enhanced, she looks a little too healthy and pink. I think the second photo is more accurate, pale skin and dark red lips.

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Dec 4, '12, 1:01 PM.
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• danadoll
                            Micronaut Nut!
                            • Apr 11, 2005

Shoot, sorry for the double post.

Dana
                            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• skullface
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 29, 2012

I have seen her at TRU but the retail was $23, that seems high.
                              How much is she near you guys?
                              I have seen her on the secondary market for less.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 23, 2011

Originally posted by skullface
                                I have seen her at TRU but the retail was $23, that seems high.
                                How much is she near you guys?
                                I have seen her on the secondary market for less.
                                I got both from EE for 29.99 but there was 8.00 shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎