X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Let's hear it for The Bride!

Yes, we all love the new Creature, and I do, too. It's fantastic!

But let's not forget The Bride. She's a bit of a dark horse in the series, but she's really well done. I especially love the wrappings, which are a big step up from the Mummy. The photos of The Bride do not do the actual figure justice, and it's quite different as far as the outfit is concerned, which is very well made, which many, many layers of detailed and weathered wrappings.
    I haven't freed her from the packaging yet, but is she "fully wrapped"?
    If so, she'd look great on a custom Frankenstein lab table.

Don't leave her hanging on the pegs, she's terrific!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

She's a really great likeness, I just wish the Universal style guide didn't dictate that she have Kabuki white facial coloring. I'm planing on giving her some grey tones.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• wilbs518
      Mego Collector
      • Jul 25, 2009

Just got her couple of days ago at TRU. Man she rocks!
      sigpic

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
        Time to feed the cat
        • Dec 30, 2007

I've been on the fence about getting her, but if you say she's that great Rik I think I'll grab my Frank a wife.

Comment

• Bones
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 4, 2009

Yeah, I keep forgetting I need to get the Bride. Glad to hear it's such a good figure.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Yes. She is a very cool figure. Oddly it seems like the Creature was forever available too, but it looks like he is finally becoming sparse. This has been a good series. Kudos to the EMCE team for making them.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              I just wish the Universal style guide didn't dictate that she have Kabuki white facial coloring. I'm planing on giving her some grey tones.
              The Bride's make up was based on glamour make up of the time. She was pale but not clown white or grey and her hair should actually be auburn red and not black.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I've always kind of wondered about what color her skin should be. She seems to have been depicted with a pale blue color a lot, as opposed to the Monster's pale green. The white does seem a little much.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I've always kind of wondered about what color her skin should be. She seems to have been depicted with a pale blue color a lot, as opposed to the Monster's pale green.
                  Yeah, she definitely wasn't blue. There's a few original color photos and movie cards from the movie that shows the Bride's red hair and what color her make up actually was.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

i love the bride,great job Emce !!!,the creature is selling very well,the bride around here seems to be sitting a bit,i think once collectors,
                    get around to her,she will do well in the long run,even though in the movie you cant see if she has shoes,this figure would have been better
                    with boots or shoes so she will stand better.i bought three sets of these ,fantastic,if your sitting on the fence about her,shes worth it.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by wayne foundation 07
                      I've been on the fence about getting her, but if you say she's that great Rik I think I'll grab my Frank a wife.
                      Give romance a chance!!!
                      Frank needs a girlfriend...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 23, 2011

I got the Bride because it was the same price for both on EE as for just the Creature on Amazon. Now I'm thinking I need Frank but haven't seen one on the bay or anywhere else.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                          SynthoRes Transmigrator
                          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          The Bride's make up was based on glamour make up of the time. She was pale but not clown white or grey and her hair should actually be auburn red and not black.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

That's the best picture of the Bride I've ever seen...

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by SeattleEd
                              I have never seen a Bride of Frank action figure I have liked, because they NEVER look like that. Colorwise OR sculptwise.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎