X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scousebadger
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
    Actually I'd like to focus on getting some clothing and accessories made for the female body before starting on the male body. Yvonne definitely needs some bodysuits and boots.
    Hurrah! It looks like you'll be getting more of my cash this year, Craig!

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JediJaida
      Okay, that's fair enough.

The stuff made by Doc et al may fit her with the small size boobies attached, but I doubt that they will fit with the other sizes.

Just make sure that the suits are washable and don't leave dye stains on the plastic of the figure, that's all I ask.
      Once I start getting into making the clothing I'll be sure to make the factory aware of these potential problems. Hopefully it's something that can be avoided but it seems like a fairly common problem. I've even noticed staining issues with Hot Toys figures.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

That's pretty much why I don't buy any of those, aside from the expense.

Not unless you spray the clothing beforehand with StaticGuard. That usually keeps the fabric from staining the doll.
        JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

That's because the factories don't wash stuff like they used to. You don't see that problem on vintage Joes.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Okay, we keep in mind that the stuff should be washed and sprayed with scotchguard, befire we dress the figure!
            JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2, 2012

Craig: with Yvonne, you've got this fantastic female body that blows away anything else in the 1/9 scale.

Yes, she'll be used for superheroines etc, but 70s/80s retro is the BIG thing in this scale.

Why not cash in? How about some Charlie's Angels themed accessory/clothing sets for the figure?

And maybe character heads to go with them?

You've got the only 1/9 action gal on the market. Might make some sense to match her to the biggest retro female action show around?

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                Craig: with Yvonne, you've got this fantastic female body that blows away anything else in the 1/9 scale.

Yes, she'll be used for superheroines etc, but 70s/80s retro is the BIG thing in this scale.

Why not cash in? How about some Charlie's Angels themed accessory/clothing sets for the figure?

And maybe character heads to go with them?

You've got the only 1/9 action gal on the market. Might make some sense to match her to the biggest retro female action show around?
                The clothing idea is something I could consider at some point but I have to be careful about what type of head sculpts I offer. Eventually I'd like to take a shot at doing licensed properties again so the last thing I want to do is get on the bad side of a potential licensor.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2, 2012

The clothing idea is something I could consider at some point but I have to be careful about what type of head sculpts I offer. Eventually I'd like to take a shot at doing licensed properties again so the last thing I want to do is get on the bad side of a potential licensor.
                  I understand that, just trying to think of ways you could (eventually) expand your use of the Yvonne body.

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Scousebadger
                    I understand that, just trying to think of ways you could (eventually) expand your use of the Yvonne body.
                    I'm hoping that the bodies will provide the customizing community with more opportunities to make some money. Unfortunately the factories in China want large orders when you have something mass produced which simply doesn't make good financial sense with some items. Customizers can do specialty items or short runs of something which is the best option in most cases.

Comment

• Scousebadger
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2, 2012

I'm hoping that the bodies will provide the customizing community with more opportunities to make some money. Unfortunately the factories in China want large orders when you have something mass produced which simply doesn't make good financial sense with some items. Customizers can do specialty items or short runs of something which is the best option in most cases.
                      Aw. I get so excited I forget about the bloody global economic crisis.

Really can't wait to see what you come up with to support the basic figure

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I'm seeing basic body suits in at least two or three colors. Black, white and nude.

Without feet so that we can pop the feet out and pop the boots on with no trouble.

T-shirts, jeans, skirts; all easy enough to mix and match.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2, 2012

I'm seeing basic body suits in at least two or three colors. Black, white and nude.

Without feet so that we can pop the feet out and pop the boots on with no trouble.

T-shirts, jeans, skirts; all easy enough to mix and match.
                          Catsuits! Perfect for those Catwoman/Emma Peel/pulp sci-fi or 1960s adventuress customs

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Oh yeah!

Black Widow; Catwoman; Emma Peel; Spiderwoman; the X-Ladies; Big Barda; a whole bunch of others!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• Scousebadger
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2, 2012

Oh yeah!

Black Widow; Catwoman; Emma Peel; Spiderwoman; the X-Ladies; Big Barda; a whole bunch of others!
                              7 of 9; Zoe Heriot from Doctor Who; Barbarella; Lt Ellis from UFO; Vanessa from the 1st Austin Powers movie; Black Cat; the Contessa and Maria Hill from S.H.I.E.L.D; Black Canary; the depowered Wonder Woman from the late 1960s/Diana Prince from post Infinite Crisis; Talia al Ghul.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

That's the spirit!

Liberty Belle; Stargirl; Vampirella.

And for costumes that don't require bodysuits, we can come up with some amazing stuff.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎