Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I got mine yesterday. They look great in person. The painted head don't really bother me as they are very well done.
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

I like that the DST figures are using the original Dr. Mego colored bodies,
      not like the pale BBP figures. The color is very close to an original Mego T2 body.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MightyMegs
        Yeah, I'm not a fan of painted heads... but it didn't stop me from buying them. Spock and Mirror Spock are battling each other as I type. And the thin, upswept eyebrows on my Kirk made me want to do this:
        Great eye! Your Romulan Kirk totally works. In spirit, it reminds me of James Bond from: You Only Live Twice.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

Because the original Kirk steel mould was lost and we had to get a new one done, so a vintage Kirk head
          was used as the original.

Originally posted by tllgn
          Their Great!!!!,i thought it was interesting that Kirks head had been marked paramount pics 1974,like the mego,rather
          then the 2007 emce kirk,Why was that Doctor?.
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

I just got my order from Rick at Newforce. I think these are a very nice addition the the reMego Trek line, which I think was already the best one done so far. The painted heads don't bother me at all, and I thought they might. Well done!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Is there more new EMCE Treks in the works ?

Comment

• drogge
                Career Member
                • Jul 24, 2009

I would like to know, also, is the Retro Trek Orginal line still alive? By the way the new Spock and Kirk are awesome, they move well and the painted faces are just fine.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Just got these--they are marvelous.

I'm not usually a fan of painted heads--Pike was disappointing--but these are very nicely done. The detailing on the costumes is great, too.

It's such a shame we'll not be getting other ST: TOS Emce figures--I can think of 6-8 right off the cuff that would really round out the line & please both fans & collectors .
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

Got mine in yesterday, first thing I noticed was the size of the heads, pin heads. On comparing them with originals, they are a LOT slimmer. Also as someone mentioned spocks tunic at the back has been badly crafted, which makes it appear as if he has a hole. Apart from that, nice addition to the line. What also baffles me, everyone loves aliens and monsters, why we cant get more of those in the Star Trek universe, Im sure they would sell like hot cakes, I love my salt vampire.

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by drogge
                      I would like to know, also, is the Retro Trek Orginal line still alive? By the way the new Spock and Kirk are awesome, they move well and the painted faces are just fine.
                      My comic store had one Spock left. It looked like his beard was sculpted. I thought people were saying it was painted? The figure looked great.
                      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎