Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Review: Lou Scheimer: Creating the Filmation Generation

I find that odd that Filmation chose to do a live action Captain Marvel instead of a cartoon series to begin with. Does he give a reason why? They had to have known from the very beginning this show was going to have a very low budget.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Figuremod73 View Post
    I find that odd that Filmation chose to do a live action Captain Marvel instead of a cartoon series to begin with. Does he give a reason why? They had to have known from the very beginning this show was going to have a very low budget.
    Fred Silverman at CBS wanted it as a live action show. Filmation pitched it as animated. In the end, they wanted the order.

Images
    I wanted to bump this thread as my wife got me this book for Xmas and I have to chime in and say that this was one of the best books I have read in many years. In the other PS year end thread, Brian mentions that it feels like you are sitting down for a chat with Lou Scheimer and it really does. By the end of this book, I felt like I actually know the man.
    Mego...Re-Mego...It's all good!

Images
    Well, I think I know what I'm doing with my Chapters gift card.

Edit: G'dammit! Sold out? the last half dozen books I've wanted are sold out or discontinued.