Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will CTVT making the next series for Eric Carr and vinnie vincent?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Will CTVT making the next series for Eric Carr and vinnie vincent?

Will CTVT company making the next series for Eric Carr and vinnie vincent figures? Any thoughts?

I would be very happy if they'll making both of them included Dynasty 1980 to early 1983 style.....

My Father and I went to my first KISS Concert in Houston, TX and saw Vinnie with his last make up and played Guitar there since April, 1983... can't remember what date, I still have 1 original KISS ticket in frame that I packed up and put it in somewhere, will keep looking for it and will post pix here for you to see it. I like his first make up, all KISS band members worn their the last make up that month....

FYI,

About me and my Father wrote my History KISS Concert:

"1983 Age 15: Patrick went to his first KISS Concert at the Sam Houston Coliseum. His ticket was for Box 13 and seat 11. There was a crowd, but I could see and hear very loud rock. All of the KISS fans and I lit cigarette lighters for the KISS band. KISS still had make-up in early 1983."
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.
  • ZebMayonaise
    • Nov 6, 2012

That would be really cool... a Creatures of the Night Set.... with a Ace variant, perhaps?!? I would personally way rather see this and Dynasty/Destroyer than non makeup figures or with the new lineup.

Comment

• Mr Mego
      Love to play with Megos
      • Oct 19, 2003

Yeah, I like a Creature of the Night Set with colorful outfits will be awesome...... and I like the mild '80's with non makeup figures with cool outfits. I dunno for sure if CTVT will make them without the makeup with the new lineup, we'll see and happen in the future.

Last edited by Mr Mego; Nov 18, '12, 10:27 PM. Reason: Computer system frozen up
      Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Anything could happen I suppose. Kiss Inc. doesn't own Eric Carr's Make-up design. I don't know if they own Vinnie Vincents make-up or not. If not, then I imagine they wouldn't be part of the license. However, McFarlane Toys was able to do Eric using an early version of his make-up so, who knows?
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

Gene and Paul hate Vinnie. Vinnie hates Gene & Paul. I don't think we'll see that figure, it would be pretty cool though. What if all the Creatures of the Night figures had glow in the dark eyes!

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

I thought KISS owned all the makeup designs.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

You won't see any KISS merchandise with the Fox or the Ankh. Vinnie Vincent owns them. I can see why KISS hates him so much. He was a little more sly than they were. Here are the copyrights:

Explore trademark details, ownership information, other trademarks owned by CUSANO, VINCENT or file your own trademark.

Explore trademark details, ownership information, other trademarks owned by CUSANO, VINCENT or file your own trademark.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

It does appear that VV owns the Fox makeup. That's interesting. I wonder if VV designed that version of the fox makeup. I was under the impression that Eric's family owned it.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

It looks like the Ankh design is "acknowledged and accepted" and the Fox design is "cancelled". what does that mean?
                  Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

It would have been nice if I had read the whole page. Perhaps VV made an attempt to copyright the makeup and it was contested? If so, then who actually owns it? I still think it's his family.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by boss
                      It looks like the Ankh design is "acknowledged and accepted" and the Fox design is "cancelled". what does that mean?
                      One would guess that vinnie noted the makeup designs had no copyright and filed them. If the fox was cancelled, it may be because there was an earlier copyright on it.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

If bbp can do a Scott Ian figure, I suppose ctvt could do a vinnie Vincent figure, tho I am not sure they would think it was worth the investment if they could not put the brand name of KISS on the same packaging.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

It's owned by Vinne Vincent's father-in-law, Les Kero.

Comment

• megokissface
                            • Nov 26, 2012

It is strange to see this copyright link. I actually emailed Classic TV Toys regarding a series for Dynasty,the Elder and Creatures. I asked if THEY were planning on releasing these classic periods and all I got was "maybe?" I was NOT happy with that answer but Im thinking ....YES!
                            I love the nightlife..I love to boogie:googly:

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I think so much of it rides on whether the consumer base hangs around for the current series already scheduled to come out. CTVT is adding more to the price each time. And while I admire the ambition of the series, CTVT is beginning to gouge a bit on price. Especially on the 12 inch figures. I can routinely go out and find the vintage figures (COMPLETE) at a better price. That shouldn't be happening. Because no matter what they put out, that original Mego set will always be the standard. Plus CTVT is still working through some QC issues. And the hair is cheap on those figures. I think it should be every bit as good as what Mego did for the price they want. The eight inch are more in line and look like fun from the pics posted.
                              Last edited by MIB41; Dec 10, '12, 7:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎