Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • browboy71
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 24, 2012

Anyone wanting these figures can try eBay. NECA is selling them for $29.99 each on their online store. Merry X-mas!

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Hard to be sure from the pictures, but I'm getting a Lone Ranger body vibe from these?
      Probably an all new body though.
      I'm no fan of tarantino, but love all things western and am looking forward to these. I hope Whomever is doing the Lone Ranger toys does something similar
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by browboy71
        Anyone wanting these figures can try eBay. NECA is selling them for $29.99 each on their online store. Merry X-mas!
        Website link ?
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
          I like them. Hope they sell well enough thAt they do 8" Basterds figures.
          That would be so cool!
          sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• browboy71
            Museum Patron
            • Sep 24, 2012

Look at this on eBay:

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained- Django 8" Retro Style Figure - MINT - NECA

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

I just got the full set today and I'm very impressed. The figures feel very solid and have tight joints that can really hold a pose well. The leg articulation is a little funky (can't kick leg forward) but overall are nice. The Django figure comes with a hat that fits perfect and a gun that he can hold or put into his holster, but none of the other figures have any accessories. I like the swivel joint for the head as you can get more interesting poses. The paint job is a bit hit-or-miss, but the costumes are very nice. I generally don't like molded boot-feet, but they did a good job with them.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

No pictures of the bodies.....????
                LOL
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ango-body-pics
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

My bad thanks for the link T-bolt.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Apositive
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 3, 2011

I am going to get these.

The movie was ok but I'm not a Tarantino fan....he's just not my cup of tea.

This is one of the few cases when I'll pay a lot of money on toys for a movie I'm not a fan of, it's getting my hands on all that Mego-scale stuff, including likenesses of Samuel L Jackson and James Remar.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

I, on the other hand, LOVED the movie! And now I'm more interested than ever in getting the figures.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Comment

• jonwes
                            Museum Patron
                            • Nov 17, 2011

I have a set coming which should arrive tomorrow. I think they turned out really nice overall. Great clothes for these sort of figures. Not totally sure how I feel about the paint jobs on their faces, but overall they look pretty good.

I am still kind of bummed about the lack of accessories (and I wish they had at least one hand that looked more like it could hold something) but not a deal breaker by any means.

Comment

• jonwes
                              Museum Patron
                              • Nov 17, 2011

Got these today. Overall I'm pleased. They have very nice, solid bodies with some very nice articulation. They feel very substantial, and the joints are nice and tight. I wish my 4th Doctor from BBP could stand up this well! The clothing is very nice for this type of figure. Some fussing is needed overall to get them to look better than they look right out of the package, but after that for the most part they look good. Collars at this scale are always problematic, but most seem to work pretty well.

First up is Django himself. Perhaps appropriately, he's the most "fun" figure of the bunch. For one thing, he actually comes with accessories. He feels like a proper western toy with his hat, gun and holster. Everything looks great.

Overall Dr. Shultz is very nice. He looks quite a lot like Christoph Waltz. One thing though, I do feel like there are some uncessary paint apps here. You'll see on some figures the paint seems to get thick and gloopy. The thing that's bad on Shultz are his nostril holes are painted black, and one of them is a touch too big. I'd rather they just didn't paint the nostrils. I do miss his hat and long coat from the movie though... and a weapon...

Broomhilda has a really lovely face sculpt of Kerry Washington. I feel like here expression could have a little more life to it though. Sometimes it's okay, but from certain angles it looks like she's hypnotized. I wish they'd gotten the black paint on her hair a bit darker to match the extra plastic of her hair on the back. It just looks a bit odd, like she has a shaved head almost. It works mostly, though. I feel like she's saddled with a slightly ugly dress. It's well made with some nice, solid construction, though. Since she's the "princess" of the story, I guess this sort of makes sense though. Like all the figures, she has a nice range of movement.

One funny thing I forgot to take a picture of... they only colored the foot section of their feet. In other words, Django's boots end at his ankles! It's very odd. I wish they'd at least painted up the boots some more. It's fine in most shots, but when you move his legs around it can look odd, like he (and everyone else) has sandals on.

Butch is a nice figure. I can't say the character made a HUGE impact on me in the film, but he's got a great look. His hat is non-removable, which I think is less fun. And again, no weapons. But overall pretty solid. His face paint is MUCH darker than his body which is kind of weird, and it's a little gloopy, which caused some chipping on his nose.

Candie's outfit is great. It works very well considering how many layers it has. I had to take his inner clothes off and cut off some of the thread fringe inside because it was really obvious around his collar. The thing that lets this figure down is the head sculpt and paint. I have a hard time seeing Leonardo DiCaprio in there at all, and they didn't hit his hair line well enough so there's flesh color really obvious on his front curl. I'll have to hit that with some brown paint.

Stephen is great, with a great likeness of Samuel L. Jackson, and the sculpt has a lot of personality. If anything, I'd say maybe it doesn't look quite old enough. But that's a minor complaint. The collar separates at the back (where the velcro comes together) which means his collar doesn't stay down well. I might have to fix that somehow.

Just a few quick shots for fun and for some comparison...
                              Last edited by jonwes; Jan 24, '13, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• alex
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 15, 2009

I think Im just going to get Django out of this line.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎