X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

EE has SMDM Steve Austin Khakis with Mustache

For those that don't have a SMDM Steve Austin Khakis with Mustache and one and want, Entertainment Earth is now selling this variant.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BBP15054M

• GordoCrisp
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 1, 2012

Thanks for the heads up! Think I am gonna have to go for that.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It's even in their print catalog. Got a new one yesterday.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

i could haved saved money ,not only on steve ,but on rudy its now selling on card,

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

I'll have to ask for this to be put onto my holiday shopping list.

I have to admit that I really like Rudy with the Oscar Goldman tin tote, so Rudy on the card doesn't appeal to me as much.
          It's all good!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

Wow. Talk about ruininng a "limited" figure. Cheesy.....

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
              Wow. Talk about ruininng a "limited" figure. Cheesy.....
              Guess what? We didn't make more of these - we are just offering the chase variant for everyone who wanted to get them. Believe me, the quantities are very limited and once they are gone, we won't be making more of these.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                70's Era Pimp
                • Sep 7, 2011

The amount of people who wanted the chase variant are limited to the people who thought it would be "cool" having both variations. With it being a 5 to one variant, it had people wanting. By making it a direct order versus a chase variant you will have now successfully given the interested parties the opportunity to obtain it easily. You didn't have to make more to have eliminated the demand issue. By making it easy to simply order one figure versus eight you will have taken away the "chase" factor, thus increasing supply & decreasing demand.

When my cases came in to the store I thought it was a novel concept and had applauded the idea. Anything that promotes a strong secondary market increases the primary. I didn't even sell the chase variants at an increased price. It was nice to offer "hard to obtain" figures to my more prominent customers as a "thank you".

Just my two cents.....keep the change.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 12, 2004

I don't understand how making this variant figure more widely available hurts anyone other than the scalpers who sell chase figures at an exorbitant price on the secondary market.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                    I don't understand how making this variant figure more widely available hurts anyone other than the scalpers who sell chase figures at an exorbitant price on the secondary market.

Ask:

90's comic books
                    90's sports cards
                    Beanie Babies
                    Spawn Toys (anything McFarlane does. LOL)

Supply and demand is a simple concept. The theory behind needing a strong secondary market to allow the primary market to thrive hinges on it.

The people who paid the exorbitant amount to obtain the "chase" figure can be easily turned off by this type of thing. Hey, I could care less. I hate chase figures when it comes to my collection, as it makes being a completist rather difficult at times.

I am in the majority of people who love that they made a reproduction Mad Monster Castle. The minority that are upset have a legitimate gripe....while it may not devalue the original, it will certainly make the demand go down as the difficulty in obtaining one has changed significantly.

Remember when Mattycollector found more of the Green Arrow exclusive figures?? Supposedly they didn't make more of those either....however you would be remiss if you didn't admit that it left a bad taste in collector's mouths. The price was effected and the sale ability certainly was.

Overall, I applaud any and all efforts being made in the re-Mego department. I buy most of the re-Mego projects to sell in my store as a way of doing my part to increase the sales. I am simply stating my professional opinion as a retailer (been doing this for 20 years). If my opinions have ruffled any feathers, that was certainly not my intention.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i think its great that their selling this figure the way they are,i dont give a rats behind about chase figures,
                      i like the fact that you can get them.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

I suppose I should feel less special now that I'm losing my bragging rights on having a mustached Steve, but I'm not. I absolutely despise the whole concept of chase figures.

Comment

• piecemaker
                          There's no need to fear..
                          • Jan 26, 2009

Yep,recieved mine today.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Guess what? We didn't make more of these - we are just offering the chase variant for everyone who wanted to get them. Believe me, the quantities are very limited and once they are gone, we won't be making more of these.
                            Thanks Jason for responding to consumer demand and allowing collectors to get this figure by special order. I appreciate your attention to these requests. I respect companies that listen to their customers. Most do not. And no one likes the chase since scalpers get to them first and overprice them on Ebay. BBP remains tops in the field with product AND service. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎