X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Action figure storage/transport

Did anyone have a cool case that they kept their action figures/gear in? Or maybe you kept them in an old suitcase or shopping bag? Shoe boxes? Mom's old sewing basket? Dad's old tool chest? That big box underneath your bed?

What did your action figures call home?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • ThatBatmanGuy
    Career Member
    • May 14, 2007

My sister would cram as many barbies as she could into her pink barbie vinyl case from the 70's. It split the seams she put so many in it.

I on the other hand would put as many megos as I could in my Mego Bat Van. 3 on the front bench and a good 4 or 5 more in the back. Fun times indeed.

Bob

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I had a huge WWF locker case,and storage cases under my bed
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

I had a wooden G.I. Joe footlocker that I kept my Mego Batman in along with my talking Joe.
        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Thadiun Okona II
          Museum Patron
          • Dec 22, 2007

I kept all 3 of my childhood Megos in my ST bridge. All I had were Kirk, Spock & Superman.

Comment

• brannon86
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 20, 2007

Transit

I think I threw all mine in a shoebox, Ha

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

I didn't have many, so I kept 'em on display ... in their boxes when they weren't being fondled.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

I dunno how "cool" it was, haha, but I had been given a doll suitcase that was white and pink *sigh* and had a cartoon drawing of a family of bears on it. It was clearly meant for girls to store their Barbies and porcelain dolls in but I needed something to store my Megos and SMDM in, and that's what I got. It was a really sturdy case though and lasted me a good while. I remember always wanting a cool Mego carrying case but right now I'd give anything to have that old doll case back full of my old figures.

For my smaller figures I had a couple of those "Space Case" figure cases, with generic Star Wars type artwork on the front. I actually still have one, though I know I owned at least several. Plus I had the Darth Vader carry case for my SW figures. I also had a little blue tackle-box that I carried my 3-3/4" Joes around in, and happily I still have it, full of mangled Joes

Comment

• grayhank
                  That Fisher Price Guy
                  • Feb 9, 2007

That's a very good question and for the life of me I can't remember where I kept my Megos...possibly in a dresser drawer. I do know that I had a huge wood box with a removable lid that a stove or washing machine must have come in. I used that for a toybox for all the bulky little people stuff or a spaceship when I emptied everything out of it. I remember I had actually drawn a control panel and window with magic markers on the inside with a view of a planet and stars. My cousin and I would often go on intergalactic space voyages inside it. I don't think I would have kept my Megos in that though....no, it must have been a dresser drawer because I seriously doubt I ever kept clothes in it.
                  Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎