Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, there's no need to worry about Disney toning down the more intense aspects of SW in any way.

The Disney released adaptation of John Carter was full of epic battle action... in the arena fight Carter was literally covered in the blood of the White Apes.

And regarding the future of Star Wars comics (considering that Disney owns Marvel)...
    This is from the Dark Horse Twitter page:

Our partnership with LucasFilm has produced over 20 yrs worth of stories. We have Star Wars for the near future, and hope for years to come.

Hmm... hope being the operative word there.

___
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Nov 1, '12, 6:06 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

I hope they recast all the parts and pick up right after Jedi, after the Ewok celebration.
      I want to see Chewie with a hangover, waking up in bed with two female Ewoks, and saying "oh, no, what have I done...."
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        As a DC my interest (and concern) lies elsewhere.
        Yeah ...., In Thoughts and Dreams, Hopes and Prayers .
        Good Luck with that ...., This IS Reality Bro.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I wanna See what the TV Show was suppost to be ...
          And What the Toon Is ...
          More.
          More Characters and Plots and Stories about Everything Surrounding the SW Universe.
          After Episode 1-3 .... I don't care about 7-9 .
          Gimme Something New ...
          And Put Cyborg Maul in it , with Boba Fett , and Captain Rex .
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I never understood why the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor finished off the whole Empire. I'd say Imperial troops would be happy to get rid of those Force-choking Employee-killing maniacs.

We could also see Luke training new Jedi, Han and Leia doing a Married with Children routine, you name it...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              I never understood why the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor finished off the whole Empire. .
              But it Didn't ....
              Hence Episode 7-9 ....
              Jedi Luke ...
              Clone Emperor
              The True Fall of the Empire ...
              Solo and Leia Have 2 Kids ...
              Leia Becomes a More Powerfu Jedi than Luke ..., and Saves Luke
              Solo's Kids Become Jedi's too
              ChewBacca Dies

Or So Plots and bits of Stories I've read , here and there.
              I don't really care about seeing any of this Crap.

See,
              I just don't care about the 1st Family of SW anymore ...
              The Universe is so Vast ...., so many Characters .... go Discover it.
              Thats what Made STNG and Voyager so Good.
              There's Only so Much Kirk trying to Get some Alien ***, and Spock Correcting Him that you can see before it becomes redundant.

I don't wanna see an Old Arse Solo ...
              I just saw an Old Arse Indiana Jones ...
              If I were a Betting Man ...
              I'd say it was the Same Character.
              Last edited by BlackKnight; Nov 1, '12, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Just imagine the toy parade if they make 7-9. Holy smokes.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by ScottA
                  Just imagine the toy parade if they make 7-9. Holy smokes.
                  I was thinking about that ...
                  Disney is More so Affiliated with Mattel, as far as thier Toy Products in Retail show us.
                  Hasbro Makes Star Wars Toys, and are Really the 3&3/4 inch Kings.
                  No Way Mattel, or anther Company Could, or would ever make that scale more, and better.
                  Mattel Completely Bombed out on all thier efforts.
                  I would think the Mouse would Keep The SW Fanchise in Hasbro's Hands ....
                  Having thier Monopoly Grow Even More.
                  Hasbro could be a Gate Way ...., and in Disney's Pockets, The Short Path To G.I.JOE ...., and The Huge Market of TransFormers.
                  And Don't also Forget ...., Hasbro Makes Marvel Retail Toys ..., Also Owned By the Mouse.
                  Disney's got Hasbro, Mattel, Fisher Price, and Lego All At Retail.
                  Look Where Everyone's X-Mas Kid Money is Going. lol

What The Hell did Conan Say was most important to him ?
                  Last edited by BlackKnight; Nov 1, '12, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'd love to see something new as well; or at worst, some love for the more obscure corners of the galaxy. (So.... maybe Valance didn't die...?) I'm gonna be optomistically nonplussed 'til I actually see some of the stuff they produce, since I'm not sure how much it really matters that Disney has the reigns.

>I never understood why the destruction of the second Death Star and the death of the Emperor finished off the whole Empire.

Sorry, Empire. This is Star Wars; there are rules.SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/AdultSwimSubscribeAbout Robot Chicken:Robot Chicken is Adult Swim's long-running s...

>I'd say Imperial troops would be happy to get rid of those Force-choking Employee-killing maniacs.

Every Imperial Officer has to learn a few things about dealing with Darth Vader.SUBSCRIBE: http://bit.ly/AdultSwimSubscribeAbout Robot Chicken:Robot Chicken ...

Don C.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 1, 2009

A few points from the two cents files:

Indiana Jones is still under a distribution agreement with LucasFilm. If any future Indy films are to be made something is going to have to be worked out between Disney and Paramount (which may not be that easy or totally simple)

Family Guy, Robot Chicken, MAD, etc. can go right on making Star Wars parodies if they like. A parody is not infringement and therefore legal. However they will probably no longer get away with using the LucasFilm sound and film archives to make those parodies. I sure hope this puts the kibosh on Seth MacFarlane and Seth Green's blatant man-love for everything Lucas. Maybe Iger will tell them to get a life, Shatner-style.

I have never been a Lucas basher. I very much enjoyed the prequels and don't try to sink into the hipster-nerd thinking that it's cool to hate.

Personally I was glad Star Wars ended. The story itself was an epic that (along with the prequels) had a definitive beginning and end. The Fall and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker. It was a portion of the galactic history books that generations after studied and became scholars of.
                      I fear that what might come after will be too episodic. While there is nothing wrong with that, it works for Star Trek; I feel like the story of Star Wars has been told and everything else is filler. That includes the current Clone Wars series which I love but just don't see it as part of the lore (or lure) of Star Wars.
                      If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Certainly a bold move. I am interested to see how this turns out.

But one little thing I thought of that made me a touch sad...
                        These new movies won't start with that icon 20th Century Fox drum cadence and trumpets. To me, that bit almost feels like the first few bars of the score.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Allie Fox
                          I have never been a Lucas basher. I very much enjoyed the prequels and don't try to sink into the hipster-nerd thinking that it's cool to hate.
                          I am neither a hater nor appologist. The CGI changes that were done to the original trilogy, like digitally erasing Sebastian Shaw, are legimately bad. I still don't even mind that the changes were done. I have no problem with director cuts. (I actually enjoyed the 97 special editions and saw them at the theaters.) I do have a problem when a new edit of a movie replaces the theatrical editons.

To quote Lucas, himself:

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be “replaced” by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten.

Attention should be paid to this question of our soul, and not simply to accounting procedures. Attention should be paid to the interest of those who are yet unborn, who should be able to see this generation as it saw itself, and the past generation as it saw itself."

It's not easy being a SW fan at times. It often seems like you are stuck between two extremes: The Lucas killed my childhood and the Lucas can do no wrong groups. I do not hate Lucas, far from it, and he didn't ruin my childhood. But that does not mean I give him a free pass on the legitimate flaws the prequels have or the scene ruining digital changes done to the original trilogy.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

I like the CGI Changes done to the Origionals.
                            I think it makes the Movies Better ...., and Just don't understand consistant Hate towards Screen Eye candy and CGI.

Episode 1 Was a Complete Bore Fest, with only a Few Spots Even worthy of Viewing. And it really came off as a Lost Movie ..., Trying to Find Direction ..., then After 2 Hours Finding it, and Ending. The Only Redeming Quality of Episode 1 , was to Show you, how Much of a Bad Arse Obi-Wan Actually was . The 2nd Point of the Movie ..., was to Also Show you, That Everything that Happened in Episode 3, Was Frick'in Qui-Gn Ginn Fault. The Entire Destruction of the Jedi.

I didn't mind Episode 2&3 ...
                            However they pale in Compairision to How Great the Cartoon is.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              I like the CGI Changes done to the Origionals.
                              I think it makes the Movies Better ...., and Just don't understand consistant Hate towards Screen Eye candy and CGI.
                              Digitally jerking Harrison Ford around to make it look like Greedo shot first and missed him, isn't eye candy. It alters the scene and the actors performance. Cleaning up matte boxes and color correcting lightsabre blades, awesome. Digitally erasing actors, altering their performances, redubbing scenes with new dialogue and voices, not awesome.
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spacecaps
                                Second Mouse
                                • Aug 24, 2011

When the prequels were due to come out, I could not have been more excited. I spent a night out in the movie theater parking lot to get tickets for TPM a month in advance, I dressed as a character and promoted a midnight TRU toy sale with some other SW friends, and went to see TPM 3 times on opening day. I still went to AOC on opening day and saw it twice in the theaters. To this day I saw ROTS once. Anything Star Wars related I shrug off with complete lack of interest. I saw Clone Wars in the theaters and walked out 40 minutes into the movie. After that I was pretty much done. Aside from my original childhood toys and some really cool vintage items, I have sold off everything Star Wars. To my 6 year old, the prequels don't exist. It was a quick decline from overwhelming anticipation to utter disappointment. Lucas didn't ruin my childhood but those last 3 Star Wars movies sure tainted the originals something awful and the "Special Editions" don't help them either (the worst offender is that ridiculous muppet song in Jabba's palace that replaced the Max Reebo song.) The fact that Disney is taking over isn't a boost of confidence either at this point since most of what Disney gets a hold of that isn't in the Pixar branch junk too. We've just seen what Disney can do with a Sci-Fi movie with John Carter and that was a disaster and aside from being visually stunning, their last effort, Tron, wasn't all that special either. They've also dipped into the Lucas well once before with Indy 4 and that was so bad it was downright silly (and another movie my son is blissfully unaware of.) When Star Wars 7 comes out I will see it because I watch every "must see" movie but for me, I won't be holding my breath or waiting in line months in advance to buy tickets, or even caring much about these films at all. As a former fan of Star Wars (and still a fan of the original 3, though not as much as I once was) I am completely indifferent to the new movies and who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
                                "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎