Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Family Guy and Robot Chicken were Lucas sanctioned parodies, so no lawyers involved there.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• babycyclops
      Career Member
      • Jul 9, 2010

^Yes, I'm aware of that. What I am saying is that there won't be any more sanctioned parodies in the future.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, I think the Robot Chicken days are over. Disney doesn't sound like a cosy family-run business.
        Jeez, I'm missing George already...
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• boynightwing
          That Carl Guy
          • Apr 24, 2002

This is great news to me. I used to love Star Wars. I was a huge fan. I read books, comics, collected toys etc. Then the prequels hit as well as the "special editions" and I just lost interest at an exponential rate. I love the Clone Wars cartoon a lot. For years I've been saying that Lucas needs to step down and give a lot of money to some enthusiastic young artists and film makers and tell them to go nuts and you'd get something worth talking about again. I hope Disney does just that. Episodes 7-9 could be great. I'd want to see all new characters and settings they haven't done before in books or movies. Maybe keep R2 and 3PO.

Comment

• Toysyouhad.com
            • Oct 14, 2012

Cant wait to see how this turns out...

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by babycyclops
              Disney jelously guard their IP. I don't think that there will be any Family Guy type parodies any more. Not that I'm really a fan of the Family Guy Star Wars parodies, but it seemed that Lucas didn't stomp on anyone poking fun at his characters.
              I can't see Disney turning a blind eye to all the Star Wars parodies and references all over place.... I predict that Disney's lawers are going to be sharpenning their knives.
              Then how does Mad get away with all the Disney ones they do on their cartoon?

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I am totally unworried about the idea that Disney would try to cutesify Star Wars with musical numbers and talking animals. We didn't see that in their Marvel movies and we won't see it in any new SW movies. I would say there will be actually far less of that now. Let's not forget Lucas okayed this:

In my opinion, Lucas seemed to go out of his way to annoy and spite classic trilogy fans with his treatment of and changes to the classic trilogy and characters. He seem to resent that there were people that still prefered the original trilogy over the new one. Don't like the new trilogy? Tough, here's Hayden Christensen's head digitally superimposed over Sebastian Shaw. No escaping it. Like it or not, the new trilogy is forced on you in the most nonsensical and ham fisted way. He didn't care about being liked by those fans which would have singed his praises and adored him if he just released the original trilogy unaltered. Jar Jar, whiny creepy Anakin, Greedo shooting first, etc. all would have been forgiven and forgotten.

Now Disney, on the other hand, won't care about spiting fanboys. They will care about making back on the 4 billion investment. There's no way they will pass up on releasing the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy to Blu-ray. There's too much demand and too much money to be made from it.
                They are also going to want to make Avengers level money piles on new SW movies. They won't risk another Phantom Menace.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

what I find interesting is that Lucas says in the interview that he had treatments ready for episodes 7-9. yet a few years back he swore up and down that he never had any plans for a 3rd trilogy

i do hope they incorporate some elements of the EU into the new movies. Mara Jade should ddefinately be there as Lukes love interest/wife

also wonder where this puts the future of Lucas books division

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Then how does Mad get away with all the Disney ones they do on their cartoon?
                    Once or twice is a spoof. Doing it repeatively is something different.

Honestly, were the prequels REALLY that bad? I dont think so. They didnt have me going to the theater over and over again like LOTR though.

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

What if Disney start incorporating elements from the Black Hole into Star Wars

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

As a DC and Star Trek fan, my interest (and concern) lies elsewhere.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

as long as R2 is in the movies I'm all for it.....it's all about R2D2

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by clemso
                              What if Disney start incorporating elements from the Black Hole into Star Wars
                              Or Tron.

Comment

• clemso
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 8, 2001

Just thinking out aloud. If they want to do any flashback stuff in Eps 7, the kid in Chronicle Dane Dehaan would be perfect for a young Luke Skywalker. And I think a old Master Jedi (or Sith lord) in Hamill would also fit. I'm not sure that you need Ford or Fisher, that might too corny. I also want to see them bring back Darth Maul, he was such a interesting character but I think they will have to recast a proper actor to develop the role. He could easily have a solo movie as well. I'm very excited about this, to be living in a time when were seeing all these Marvel movies, Alien prequels, ST reboot and now this.
                                Last edited by clemso; Nov 1, '12, 3:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎