Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I'd love to see some of the expanded universe stories. Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order would be cool to see.

Comment

• cactus725
      Caped Crusader
      • Feb 8, 2010

I think it's a pretty cool news...Star Wars merchandise will never end!!!

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

Joss Whedon is wetting himself somewhere.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I think they could still pull off an episode 7 with CGI using the original voices
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

You know, I'm not really seeing a downside to this so far.

Disney's Marvel movies have all been really good and very sucessful. So, I don't see them really messing up a new trilogy and more importantly to me, I can't see them digitally screwing up the original trilogy any futher. The original trilogy theatrical cuts on Blu-Ray are also now real possibility, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to a SW on Blu-Ray with Greedo not shooting back and a Jedi without Vader's newly dubbed cringe inducing "Nooooooooooo!" and Hayden Christensen's face digitally stuck on Sebastian Shaw's body. I think we can also expect the Ewoks and Droids animated series to get a proper DVD/Bu-Ray release too.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
                Wake Up Heavy
                • Jan 31, 2010

I would LOVE to have the originals released on Blu Ray. I will not buy, and don't even like to watch, the digitally messed up re-releases.
                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• jimsmegos
                  Mego Dork
                  • Nov 9, 2008

I was blown away by this news. On one hand I think its great because as mentioned , Disney holding the Marvel reins has led to some great films. On the downside and this is just opinion mind you, I don't know if a new trilogy picking up after Jedi will have the same connection. Where will we get our Skywalker from? Kids? Grandkids? Will the existing Expanded Universe come into play or will there be a new continuity for post Jedi canon? Either way I do have to say ATTA Boy George! He is indeed the most successful independent film maker of all time, another 4 Billion times over!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/201...DA285G4G2.html

the new trilogy to be made will follow the further adventures of Luke, Han and Leia. I think it is a good thing. Lucas became an ego maniac and insisted on doing everything himself with the prequel trilogy. a move which we all know resulted in sub par movies, no matter how much money they made

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Forgot to mention, Disney also owns Indiana Jones now too.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Episode 7 sounds awesome!! Can't wait.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

will be interesting to see how they proceed with this. do they tell Mark Hammel and Carrie Fisher to lose weight and get in shape or do they recast the characters and play them at a younger age

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

This sounds like a good thing to me. Disney takes great care with their properties so I think they'll do the same with "Star Wars". This may lead to further expansion at the theme parks, especially since the Marvel characters are off the table as far as that's concerned.
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• clemso
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 8, 2001

Disney have bought Lucas Films. This could also mean a reboot for Indiana Jones as well. For $4 billion, you can bet Disney will milk it for all its worth.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Kathy Kennedy says after the episode 7-9 trilogy they will do a movie every couple years.
                                with Indy I would imagine they will recast. much as I love Harrison Ford, maybe they could get one more movie with Harry but that is it. he's what, 70 now? too old to continue beyond one more and even one more might be too much

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎