Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

I really hope they don't use any aspects of the post-ROTJ expanded universe.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      I really hope they don't use any aspects of the post-ROTJ expanded universe.
      I'm not that educated on the EU.

I've read Splinter, some of the Zahn stuff and not much else do I know except stuff I've gleaned of the Net.

I can certainly see wanting to start with a clean slate and not feeling cornered into plotlines.

However, if *I* was in charge, I'd have to SOMEwhat take from the post-Jedi stuff. But it would be more as an "icing on top" kind of thing after I had a basic plotline of how I wanted a story to come together.

One thing's for certain, I couldn't NOT include Mara Jade somewhere. She's just too dang popular to ignore. I mean, I'm not a big greedy corporation, but I'm also not a party-pooper either
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
        Now can Disney and J.J. Abrams figure that out? THAT is the $4.5 billion question.
        To me, it's an awesome question, indeed. The Trek stuff (in comparison) doesn't impact my life significantly, but a 7th Star Wars movie, whether I'd like to admit it or not is gonna enthrall me thoroughly and eternally.

I mean, I was one of those kids that got seriously nutty back in the day when I'd hear about plans for all kinds of future Star Wars movies. Revenge Of The Sith is the only newer movie that came close to satiating my appetite. And Episodes I, II, III were PREquels after all. THIS upcoming film is the FIRST "real" sequel to the old trilogy!

Pretty cool

And here I thought the couple years leading up to Phantom Menace was an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan. I'd say THIS era exceeds THAT one by a longshot!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Just heard that Brad Bird turned down the offer of directing Episode VII to concentrate on Tomorrowland.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Episode VII will be shot on 35mm FILM!

Announced today at a film industry event * in Los Angeles, we’re exclusively and first to report that cinematographer Dan...
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Saoirse Ronan has confirmed that she auditioned for Episode VII (along with countless other actors).

“Yeah, I did [audition for Star Wars Episode VII]… I don’t know whether I should have said that now! I mean, everyone did. Everyone has auditioned for it. So many people I know have gone in for the part I’ve gone in for, and guys who’ve gone in for a particular part, so I’d imagine J.J. is probably just scanning the earth to find the people that ne needs.”

“But nobody has a clue what it’s about, and nobody’s read the script. So I’ve gone in and read for it, but I have to say, I think it’s the only time I’ve ever thought, ‘You know what? Even if I don’t get it, I had so much fun auditioning, pretending to take out a lightsaber – out of a bag, kind of inspect it and not know what it is. That was… that was great. A lightsaber! Star Wars!”
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

She'd be great as Jar Jar's daughter...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                  I'm the Star Spangled Man
                  • May 21, 2011

I could definitely see her as Mara Jade.
                  sigpic
                  The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

Danny Bonaduce and his co-host Sarah who do mornings on Seattle's KZOK-FM reported the other day that Daniel Day Lewis has recently been in talks with Kathleen Kennedy at the ranch about Episode VII.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                      I'm the Star Spangled Man
                      • May 21, 2011

I recently read that Ben Kingsley auditioned for a role.
                      sigpic
                      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                        I could definitely see her as Mara Jade.
                        Mara Jade in the Zahn books was about 33, right?

In Ep 7 she'd be about 53.

According to Wiki, that girl is 19... so, maybe her daughter, or something.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

These are the character outlines which Lucasfilm released regarding the casting search.
                          Saoirse would have tried out for either 1 or 5.

(A lot of people have tried to fit these descriptions to an array of Expanded Universe characters, but I'm still hoping they don't incorporate any aspects of the EU in EVII.)

1) Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
                          2) Young twenty something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
                          3) A late twenty something male, fit, handsome and confident.
                          4) Seventy something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’ t need to be particularly fit.
                          5) A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
                          6) Forty something male, fit, military type.
                          7) Thirty something male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎