Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I do hope we won't see him do another "I'm too old for this..." kind of thing. That totally sunk the last Indy movie. Can somebody keep an eye on Shia LeBore, make sure he doesn't go near the set?
    Don't worry, all his roles are going to Joseph Gordon Levitt now.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

It will be interesting to see what the new narrative is. Clearly they have to continue the Skywalker legacy because that's what the whole series has been about. The question is whether Luke adopts a Obi Wan persona or falls from grace like his dad. My feeling is the latter because at this stage it would be hard to develop a new villain from nowhere after all this time. Unless, of course, Skywalker's son is the new dark boy.

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        Can somebody keep an eye on Shia LeBore, make sure he doesn't go near the set?

Man that kid must be the most over-rated actor of this generation. He plays a punk/snot in Transformers and all the Hollywood casting agents think he's gold or something. Let him go do B'way and keep him outta` films.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Apparently the films of the new trilogy will be released every 2 years (not every 3 years as has always been the SW tradition).

And the announced standalone SW movies will be also released every other year, alternating with the new Trilogy episodes.

That means there will be YEARLY Star Wars movies starting in 2015!

Disney will alternate between new trilogy and spin-off films starting with JJ Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII in 2015!
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• acrovader
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2011

Yeah, I read that. I grew up with SW, and am shamed to admit it- enjoyed the prequels (warts and all), but I've got mixed emotions about this mad dash to crank out a new SW film every year until the end of time. Here is the perfect opportunity to put SW back on track with talented directors and screenwriters- but abundance of films just cheapens it somehow. Look at the original trilogy, every film was a monumental event. I'm afraid there will be a big backlash with SW every year. Joe Public will think- "Another year, another SW movie (yawn)" I wish they could make SW special again, w/ great story lines, memorable new characters, plot twists, etc. and put less emphasis on flooding the BO with SW movies.
            I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
              It will be interesting to see what the new narrative is. Clearly they have to continue the Skywalker legacy because that's what the whole series has been about. The question is whether Luke adopts a Obi Wan persona or falls from grace like his dad. My feeling is the latter because at this stage it would be hard to develop a new villain from nowhere after all this time. Unless, of course, Skywalker's son is the new dark boy.
              Interesting to think the main character has to be a "Skywalker".

I always imagined the new main Jedi (or Sith) would be a Solo.

But your theory makes a lot of sense... if only for the name value on toys/merch.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>Interesting to think the main character has to be a "Skywalker". I always imagined the new main Jedi (or Sith) would be a Solo.

Y'know.... I could see it going either way. I think Lucas INTENDED the story to be about a Skywalker, but when the first film came out Solo developed a sizable fan base. (Of the first four novels to follow the original film, three were about Han.

Anyhoo; I'll be happy if at least one of these new projects features Jaxxon or Valence. Say.... Disney owns Star Wars AND Marvel now; don't they....

Don C.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I think it should start like this: Luke and Han have quit the rebel forces, and are operating a rundown video rental store in Mos Eisley. Kevin Smith could direct.
                  One day, a Rhodian called Speedo (Greedo's son) walks into the place, and says "don't I know you?" to Han.
                  Han pretends not to hear, and hands him a copy of the latest adult movie, Star F**ks, situated in Yavin's new coffee shop.
                  A gun fight ensues, killing everybody.
                  CSI Mos Eisley take the case, where Detective Jar Jar ask himself "Meesa so happy to get this case! Whoosa shot firsta?"
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Continuing the Original Trilogy tradition, principal photography for Episode VII will once again take place on an English sound stage.

__
                    Last edited by Bruce Banner; May 11, '13, 2:46 PM.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 30, 2012

Too bad most of the old Elstree soundstages were converted into a shopping center.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
                        Interesting to think the main character has to be a "Skywalker".

I always imagined the new main Jedi (or Sith) would be a Solo.

But your theory makes a lot of sense... if only for the name value on toys/merch.
                        Yeah, I think if you look at the series thematically as being a 40's and 50's style serial, then it would seem to follow that the son assumes the mantle of his fallen father. Plus if you look at the parallels between those two, they share many similar experiences. Both grew up without their parents. Both witnessed one of their parents dying. And both rebel against the advice of their mentors. Plus if you look at how the story left Luke, he had just made a momentary bond with his father before he passed. And since his father was the face of the dark side, I'm pretty sure Luke is left pretty ambivalent about how to reconcile those two. I would think that would leave him very susceptible to falling to the dark side in a new world order where evil has no face. And if you look at how well Mark Hamill has done playing villain roles (at least vocally) as the Joker in the Batman animated series, he could probably make a pretty creepy villain at this point in the series. It would also fit within the context of destiny which plays throughout the series. Plus you can keep the toy lines going on a familiar vein that will make the collectors happy.

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Yeah, I think if you look at the series thematically as being a 40's and 50's style serial, then it would seem to follow that the son assumes the mantle of his fallen father. Plus if you look at the parallels between those two, they share many similar experiences. Both grew up without their parents. Both witnessed one of their parents dying. And both rebel against the advice of their mentors. Plus if you look at how the story left Luke, he had just made a momentary bond with his father before he passed. And since his father was the face of the dark side, I'm pretty sure Luke is left pretty ambivalent about how to reconcile those two. I would think that would leave him very susceptible to falling to the dark side in a new world order where evil has no face. And if you look at how well Mark Hamill has done playing villain roles (at least vocally) as the Joker in the Batman animated series, he could probably make a pretty creepy villain at this point in the series. It would also fit within the context of destiny which plays throughout the series. Plus you can keep the toy lines going on a familiar vein that will make the collectors happy.
                          It would suck to "lose" the concept of Luke as the "Captain America/Superman/Boy Scout" character of the franchise, but as you pointed out, it wouldn't be as if it wasn't foreshadowed and a young Skywalker could always take that mantle. On this tip, an interesting thought is that no actor has ever played a dual role in the franchise. The performance of the guy that played the Emperor was kinda dual, but was also the same character. Having Hammil play Luke and a clone Sith, too? Could work.

As far as the young star of Episode 7 and their character, it'd be a change (I think) from what is most travelled in the EU, as, if I'm correct, the three main kid heroes in the EU are Solo's and although Mara Jade is hugely popular among the Star Wars hardcore, IF her and Luke ever had kids, I don't remember hearing of it.

Which brings me to my next point... no one's brought up Jade. Even though she hasn't appeared in any of the first 6 movies, I'd be shocked if she didn't at least appear in 7, 8 or 9 if not her being a more vital role as the mother to Luke's kid(s), if there IS a Skywalker kid.
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Which brings me to my next point... no one's brought up Jade. Even though she hasn't appeared in any of the first 6 movies, I'd be shocked if she didn't at least appear in 7, 8 or 9 if not her being a more vital role as the mother to Luke's kid(s), if there IS a Skywalker kid.
                            Hmmmm. I could see where that storyline would find traction in this next installment. Almost unavoidable if they decide to recognize that history. Perhaps their son Ben would follow a similar course and become the modern day Luke for today's generation? I can see that happening.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Hmmmm. I could see where that storyline would find traction in this next installment. Almost unavoidable if they decide to recognize that history. Perhaps their son Ben would follow a similar course and become the modern day Luke for today's generation? I can see that happening.
                              Holy moley!

I just wiki'd "Ben Skywalker".

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker's son. Named after Obi Wan/Ben Kenobi. Jedi Knight. Former student of Jacen Solo, his cousin. In Fate of the Jedi: Outcast, he voluntarily accompanies his father into exile. He proves himself as both a fighter and as an investigator.

His love interest is Vestara Khai, formerly a Sith apprentice, then a Jedi apprentice. He proves himself a very capable jedi

The character was voted the 40th top Star Wars character by IGN[3] and the top 6th Star Wars Expanded Universe character by UGO Networks
                              I didn't know there was stuff with Luke and Mara's kid for sure out there in books or whatever (as mentioned earlier, I only heard of the Solo kids).

I know that stuff isn't canon, but now that I know this Ben exists, and in the context of what we've been talking about, I can say with reasonable certainty that they've gotta be eyeing aspects of the "Ben" character VERY closely while creating the main protagonist for Episode 7.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Holy moley!
                                I just wiki'd "Ben Skywalker".
                                I know that stuff isn't canon, but now that I know this Ben exists, and in the context of what we've been talking about, I can say with reasonable certainty that they've gotta be eyeing aspects of the "Ben" character VERY closely while creating the main protagonist for Episode 7.
                                Now can Disney and J.J. Abrams figure that out? THAT is the $4.5 billion question.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎