X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Why no Love for the GOBOTS?

I know Transformers were better designed toys, had a better animated series and a better comic book.

However, coming from a world of Superhero collecting, I'm into collecting other superheroes like Phantom or Green Hornet outside of DC and Marvel.

Are there Gobot collectors out there? I only seem to run into Transformers collectors.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I actually had more GoBots than Transformers. They were much more affordable to me, esp since the main characters of GoBots (like Leader-1 and Cy-Kill) could be had for the same price as the no-name Transformer mini-bots. You had to either beg your mom or save your allowance to be able to afford Optimus Prime.

But GoBots were much more...hokey than Transformers. The toys themselves were more..well...toylike and the animated series was typical mid-80s HB dreck really. I doubt I could sit through an episode now. So the cool factor just isn't there. It's like being nostalgic for Rubik's Amazing Cube or Mon-chi-chi.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah and being the butt of so many jokes by both Toyfare and Robot Chicken doesn't help matters either.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
        Banned
        • Oct 17, 2007

i've bought several over the year because they are cheaper. I wouldn;t say i collect them , but when i get them cheap i buy them..lol

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

I had a hand full as a kid, I kind of like them since as robots they were all the same size, where transformers you end up with Prime 3 or 4 times bigger than Bumble bee. I still have my Cy-Kill and Go Bot command center from my child hood and I would like to get a Leader-1 to display next to Cy-kill.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Gobots smell of wee and mothballs...that's why we hates thems...
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• gort
              • Jan 9, 2008

There are Gobot collectors out there, you just have to know where to look.

I'm not hardcore but I have about twenty-odd, I just pick them up when I see them cheaply. Cy-Kill is still one of my favourite transforming toys.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎