Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is CIPSA General Ursus head the same molded as Mego Ursus?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Added new photos of Ursus heads, 1 CIPSA has factory long neck

Originally posted by Confessional
    As I said before, I don't place too much determination on the head sheen due to what we already know concerning how the sheen/dullness of POTA heads varies based on their exposure to chemicals, uv & infrared light, dirt, etc. What I do find more telling is the "feel" of the different vinyl and a noticeable difference in paint color.

I looked at six Ursus Mego heads and they were fairly consistent in their head paint, while the Cipsa is a more pale pink. I think this color difference is documented in Piecemaker's pic as well. Perhaps not much to go on, but it's a start... B's boxy version will hopefully lend additional evidence.

Ape Science!
    That's an awesome pic with information, great eye. Thanks!!

UPDATED on 5/31/14, added new thumbnail photos and information:

Received this 2nd Variation light reddish Sleeved Ursus with factory long neck last week and took the head off to see what's the difference Ursus heads. MEGO is on the right side and CIPSA on the left side with long neck plug. It's original CIPSA head with round paler pink nose and mouth. I checked the long neck one that can't be trim to make it short, it has pretty thin neck so, I leave his alone. The last photo (6th) is on the back of heads that I turned them over, right side is CIPSA with long neck. I posted all about this information on my Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cips...tOfTheApesToys

Last edited by Mr Mego; May 31, '14, 1:22 PM. Reason: Created Stub Album and added new pics
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by piecemaker
      ^ Good eye,i think you are right.I checked a few other pics of Cipsa Ursus and they all have the rounded top nostril paint.
      Bingo.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mr Mego
        Love to play with Megos
        • Oct 19, 2003

Edited post above, I created a Stub Album pics. BTW, that look like Pig's nose in the middle one.
        Last edited by Mr Mego; May 31, '14, 1:22 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

• Mr Mego
          Love to play with Megos
          • Oct 19, 2003

Updated, new photos of heads and information on http://megomuseum.com/community/show...010#post969010.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎