Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

I stopped at the local TRU today and saw they had the Arctic CA and the variant Thor & Captain America sets (bearded Thor and Cap with blue-stripe shield). So, anyone looking for these, check your local stores.
    I swear, my TRU is so odd with distribution: earlier this year, before Easter, we got the standard Captain America and Spider-Man costume sets, but we never got the standard Captain Action figures to put them on (I know, I check in a couple of times a week, plus I know one of the managers). How many parents must have been pi$$ed when they realized the costume set was worthless without a figure? They still have several of the Cap & Spidey sets.
    They got the standard Dr Evil figure in a few weeks ago, but they still haven't received the standard Thor and Loki costume sets. Today, I stopped in looking for them and found the Arctic CA and the variant Thor & Cap sets. Since I still needed a couple of basic figures, I picked up 2 of the Arctic CAs for my Deluxe Thor set (on order) and Hawkeye. I also picked up the variant Captain America set, just because Cap is awesome! And I picked up a Dr Evil last week for my Deluxe Loki set. I still haven't decided if the different shade of yellow used on the standard Loki vs the deluxe is enough to make me pick up the standard, if my TRU ever gets it (the variation was first reported here: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ction-Loki-set ).

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

I had my buddy grab me a Dr. Evil from Toys 'R Us yesterday. He is a very cool figure, but I was VERY disappointing that the non-deluxe version doesn't include the extra brains. The other extras don't bother me, but this is a major feature of the figure, and a feature I think is extremely cool, but now I am stuck with just one brain. He also had extremely loose knees.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Mine has the loose knee issue too.

The TRU Dr. Evil comes with all the same basic stuff that a regular original Dr. Evil would have came with, so I assume that was the logic there...

But I'm with you TCM. It should have came with one other brain. Maybe one that's different than the ones in the Deluxe pack.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Wow! I would have thought the deluxe exclusive would have been the hypnotic eye since that is the vintage bit that everyone would be after for the spre parts.

Perhaps there will be some sculpy brain customs coming up in the CA universe.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
            I stopped at the local TRU today and saw they had the Arctic CA and the variant Thor & Captain America sets (bearded Thor and Cap with blue-stripe shield). So, anyone looking for these, check your local stores.
            I swear, my TRU is so odd with distribution: earlier this year, before Easter, we got the standard Captain America and Spider-Man costume sets, but we never got the standard Captain Action figures to put them on (I know, I check in a couple of times a week, plus I know one of the managers). How many parents must have been pi$$ed when they realized the costume set was worthless without a figure? They still have several of the Cap & Spidey sets.
            They got the standard Dr Evil figure in a few weeks ago, but they still haven't received the standard Thor and Loki costume sets. Today, I stopped in looking for them and found the Arctic CA and the variant Thor & Cap sets. Since I still needed a couple of basic figures, I picked up 2 of the Arctic CAs for my Deluxe Thor set (on order) and Hawkeye. I also picked up the variant Captain America set, just because Cap is awesome! And I picked up a Dr Evil last week for my Deluxe Loki set. I still haven't decided if the different shade of yellow used on the standard Loki vs the deluxe is enough to make me pick up the standard, if my TRU ever gets it (the variation was first reported here: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...ction-Loki-set ).
            Do you recall if the variant Captain America costume had a shadow painted on his mask? Or was it just blue like the standard costume set?

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
              Do you recall if the variant Captain America costume had a shadow painted on his mask? Or was it just blue like the standard costume set?
              Nope, the mask looks just like the standard. I actually bought the Captain America set, but not the Thor set (I believe the only difference in the Thor set is the bearded head, which comes with the Deluxe set anyway).

The differences I can see with the new Captain America set are:

-the shield has an outer blue stripe, then white, then red, then white, then the inner blue circle with star
              -the belt is red instead of black
              -the stripes around the midriff are thinner, so there are more of them

I wanted to post a pic, but I haven't been able to log onto photobucket to host my shots.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Thanks so much for the update Warlock664. Bummer. I was really hoping they would incorporate that shadow as they had shown on a early mock up. It would have been so cool. I might still have to get him though. I am really hooked on this line. And I can not WAIT for Iron Man. That is looking to be THE action figure of a life time. I never thought anyone would EVER get around to actually making a vintage Iron Man figure. And especially not for this scale. So I'm just ecstatic.

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                  And I can not WAIT for Iron Man. That is looking to be THE action figure of a life time. I never thought anyone would EVER get around to actually making a vintage Iron Man figure. And especially not for this scale. So I'm just ecstatic.
                  Tell me about it! I used to daydream as a 6-year-old about a potential Captain Action/Iron Man set - I had Superman, Batman, Phantom and Tonto as a youngster. I was a huge fan of the old "Marvel Superheroes Show" that was broadcast on weekday afternoons on WPGH-53 out of Pittsburgh at the time (early 70s), and wanted desperately to have Cap, Shellhead and Thor. They never came, but of course Mego filled the void a few years later.
                  Here are a couple of pics of the new CA/Captain America set, next to both the Arctic CA and also the basic Captain America set:

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

I like the Artic Captain ..., He sorta Neat.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• msenger76
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 3, 2009

Will the suits fit a Ken doll? i don't really want to buy multiple captain actions, but i want to buy the suits

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I went by our local TRU and they had them fully stocked. My wife picked them up as Christmas gifts. I'm definitely in line for a Captain Action Christmas. Thus far my wife has picked up Dr. Evil; The Thor and Loki basic costume sets; Arctic Captain Action plus the new variant Cap and Thor costume sets. My daughter is going to give me one of the Deluxe outfits of Thor and my son is giving me the deluxe outfit of Loki. So how many is that? Six costume sets and two different figures? Pretty cool. I don't think in my entire adult life I've ever had that many brand new figure and accessory sets. I absolutely feel like a kid. And I'm loving it!

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, it's gonna be a very Captain Actiony Christmas!
                          The one i'm still most excited about is Red Skull. They need to do a Green Goblin too! More bad guys!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Been putting up a lot of Captain Action content lately, with more to come. We recently took a look at the Toys R Us basic version of Dr. Evil. If you're interested in checking him out before you put him under the Christmas tree... Here's the place to do it! Captain Action Dr. Evil Basic TRU Figure Review

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Thanks for the great review! I noticed in the pictures. you had him in more than one outfit. Is that something you just placed him in for custom purposes or does Dr Evil get a different outfit for his human alter ego?

Comment

• jayihdz
                                aaaggghhhh!
                                • Mar 6, 2007

Awesome!! Can't wait for Superman

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡